“Friendly, clean and good area, it's just a bit out dates!”
Review of Hawthorn Hotel

Hawthorn Hotel
Hawthorn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Radcliffe B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly, clean and good area, it's just a bit out dates!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed here for the first time and have been here for a few days. The owner is such a nice helpful guy and very chatty, as is Missy his parrot! (Not noisy, only hear her when you are in the bar area) the rest of the staff are friendly and make you feel as if your a friend. I've not had any problems with dirt and have only found the place to be clean. The rooms are dated and yes the bathroom bits are pink from the 1970s but it just adds to the place. I'm here for a few more days and am more than happy to be, should I need to return to this area I know 100% I would happily stay here again. P.s proper breakfast!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times now at first the room i was given was very clean and modern with wifi and the work, was very happy.

the next visit i was given a room above the dining room on the front, this room was very different it was dated and run down, the shower was an absolute joke, it was so cold one night i had to buy a little heater of my own., went to watch the tv and it keeps switching its self off every time you turn the volume down.

to sum up its ok for a 1 night stay to sleep a few hours and move on.

• Stayed August 2013
Seif T, Owner at Hawthorn Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
The client who wrote this review was one of a team of 4 persons booked and paid for by their employers. The team members would arrive on Monday and checkout on Friday. The first booking was made 24/06/2013 and the last was made late November 2013, while the review was written early November the client still stayed in the hotel even after writing the review as he had no choice in the matter because the company he worked for paid for the room. We respect all constructive reviews and work seriously on putting right any point that may have been wrong. Concerning this review I believe the client is not in a position to judge the value for money section as he had not made any payment and probably may have not known the cost of his room.
We assure all our clients of our continuous and relentless efforts in improving our standards at all times. Thank you

Travellers are raving about these Radcliffe hotels

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel so much. Bathroom was lovely, modern and clean (will try to post pics). Room was very clean as were towels, bedding etc.
I accidentally booked the wrong date, and arrived a month before the hotel was expecting me, but the owner was very nice about it and managed to fit me in.
The staff are always very friendly and helpful, breakfast always delicious.
This is my 4th or 5th time staying here, and I will be returning again next month.

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was my third stay, and once again it was a pleasant experience.

Perhaps not as pristine as a mainstream cookie cutter hotel, but it's perfectly clean.

Where this place scores is on charm and friendly service. Has a very relaxing tv room and bar and the proprieter has always recognised me when I return... and let's be honest, where else has a hilariously entertaining parrot in the bar?

On the subject of the parrot, a previous poster seemed concerned by it. Didn't seem in the slightest aggressive to me, but in any case it's no longer allowed out while guests are in the bar area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Doncaster
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here last night, we had two twin rooms and they were fine.The negative comments about the hotel are over the top.Its not a five star and ticks all the boxes for its rating.
On arrival the owner swiftly checked us in and one of his staff took us to the rooms which is a rarity in any hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy and smelt fresh with clean towels and plenty of tea and coffee making facilities. The owner also sorted taxis to and from Manchester for us and in the morning he asked how the night had been and was very chatty.
He has a lovely parrot called Missy who is quite entertaining which lives in the bar area.
Overall good hotel which is ideal for a cheaper stay and not paying the Manchester hotel prices.Its fine for a taxi into the city centre which was twenty quid between four.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FiremanSam37
Reviewed 9 June 2013

First of all I would like to say the staff at this hotel are really nice. Can not fault their service at all. Now for the hotel. We stayed four girls in a room. When we first entered the room it seemed ok. Quite out dated but ok. Then we entered the bathroom. The smell in there was disgusting. I think there is a problem with the drains as it smelt of poo. We couldn't ask to be moved as the guy at reception had already told us he was full. The place just isn't clean. The pink bathroom accessories from the 1970s were all dusty, the tiles were dirty and it just stank. It doesn't cost much to go ikea or wherever to buy a few nice things, spruce it up, give it a good bleach! Then the towels which were left again dirty, one if myn had a big mascara line down it. The chair in the room had a blanket over it this fell off and it was what was supposed to be cream but was brown! The whole place was dirty and needs a good deep clean. We didn't even have a shower as we just didn't dare to. Disgusting.

• Stayed June 2013
Derbyshire
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stayed here from the 19th Nov 2012 to March 2013.
Five of us 4 rooms, we all really looked forward to getting back to hotel each day after a days work, we stayed 7 days a week, it was relaxing, clean and very friendly.
Breakfast was excellent, be prepared to wait for it its cooked fresh and plenty of it, really sets you up for the day.
Good safe parking, we loved it here and hope to go back there one day.
Tony

Room Tip: All rooms are good we had 4 of them