“a lot of childrens and awfull breakfast”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Reviewed 29 September 2011

very large property and be ready to walk a bit to find your room multiple buildings comprise the estate
you absolutely need a car to get around as this property is far from anything outside of the hotel
the breakf ast was just wafull all week. i gagged a couple of times on teh eggs and bacon; stayed with the croissants and Jam. Buffet Dinner is absolutely overpriced for a buffet and the food you get
room was clean and staff is frendly
for the all around price i was expecting a lot more ... a bit disapointed

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

Dear traveller,

Thank you for your comments. I have shared your review with my team and we will continue to strive to deliver a better product. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

For such expensive prices I was sorely dissapointed with the hotel. The staff are mainly polish who seemed moody, uninterested in their job and didn't seem to have enough grasp of the english language to help me properly. When trying to find help, there were a fair few who simply shrugged as they didn't understand and then muttered away in polish as I left to find to find another employee. I like to spend money on good food, but the quality of the food in the restaurant was way below the price placed on it. The buffet food became dry and stodgy and when my wife asked for a fresh serving, guess what? More moody polish muttering in which I recognised a fair amount of swearing! We ate in the restaurants to be found nearby instead for the rest of our stay which were great. All in all, unless you don't plan on leaving the room, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We always strive to deliver great service and it appears on this occasion we have failed to do so. Please accept my sincerest apologies for that. I have shared your review with my team and we will continue to improve on our standards and our product and I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Beaumont Estate in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

This grand old property appears to be a quiet getaway. Unfortunately, given its reasonably close proximity to Legoland (£12 taxi), it was heaving with children.
The offer we had included dinner and breakfast. The dinner buffet is nothing to rave about, but what I expected. In reality, the kids menu was probably better than the adults buffet (overcooked pasta, old fish and dry gammon v sausages and fish fingers). We have made a dinner booking at reception, which was not passed on to the resturant. The drinks were a joke. i asked for a soft drink and was given half a small glass. I outright refused to drink it and sent it back. The breakfast was good hotel breakfast fare, however, there were a lot of unsupervised children around.
The room was small but comfortable. The dirty nappy right outside the window was disgusting.
It was not fantastic, but not awful. If you are a history buff, one of the highlights is that it is located in Runnymede.

Room Tip: Request a floor away from the "Kid's room".
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChezzaSue

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is with continues feedback that we can better our offering and deliver a better overall product. I apologise if your stay was not what you expected, but I can assure you I am working hard with the team to improve what we are offering in terms of service and product. I hope you would consider visiting again to see if we have improved.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at this property for business in recent months. I must echo that rooms are generally complicated to get to and hard work if you are carrying luggage as there is no concierge service. I was very disappointed this time to be booked into a room that had not been cleaned from the last guest. Management resolved the issue and had the room serviced immediately but it was worrying. The buffet food in the restaurant is limited and not particularly great quality however the a la carte seems better. The grounds are beautiful and location fantastic. Overall it is an average venue with some great highlights which are sadly overshadowed other issues.

• Stayed: October 2010

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It is with your feedback that we can address areas for improvement. I also appreciate your on going support whilst we you feel that some areas are lacking in delivery. We have employed a new Executive Chef recently and he has been tasked with improving the food offering at Beaumont. I trust you will see the changes in the weeks and months to follow and I would welcome any additional feedback.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I originally stayed at Beaumont House on a fitness weekend (15th April 2011) with three girlfriends. The hotel and the grounds were fabulous. Beaumont House is seeped in history and the architecture of the building inside and out is fabulous. Also the new extension to Beaumont House overlooks the fantastic grounds and the rooms are superb. All of the staff were helpful and friendly in every way. We enjoyed the weekend that much that we booked again the following weekend for two nights (Easter Weekend). It is near to Windsor and Eaton with fabulous restaurants, shops and architectecture, Windsor Castle and Eton College to name but two. Would definitely have no hesitation in recommending this to my friends, in fact I already have as I was so impressed

Shirley Frost, Dartford, Kend

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirleyfrost
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you very much for your comments and for sharing your thoughts on Beaumont Estate. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 September 2011

The building and grounds are beautiful, unfortunately this is where anything good ends. I phone the hotel in advance to warn them of late arrival, and when we arrived at midnight everything seemed ok. Until we got to the room and found it was not the room type we booked, and was what seemed to be a single room, with the small double bed. I phoned reception who then admitted that it was not the room type I had booked, and they did not have any left, and were not going to offer a resolution. As I had paid in advance with a travel agency, I informed them that this was not satisfactory, and wanted either the room type I had booked and paid for or something of equal or better quality. Reception said they would find another room and call me back. At 1am I called them, as they did not call me, they said they had found another room but it was dirty and smelt, so they did not want to give me that. So I again asked what they were going to do and they said they would ring me back. Half an hour later I phone again, they said someone was on the way up with the keys to a room to show me. Half an hour later, no one was there, so we went to reception. It took another 30 mins, and I eventually suggested to them that they must have suites available and as I had waited three hours, surely they could at least offer us this. Which they agreed to do, but said we would have to change the next morning as the suites were booked.
The suite was lovely, however most of the light fittings were full of flies, and as the suites are in the attic the windows ware too low down for you to sit and look out of them.
Breakfast was three stars at the most, and unfortuntely was buffet style with only one waitress to get tea or coffee, which took an age.
The next day we checked out and informed the reception that we would be back in the evening and expected the room issue to be resolved. We go back and made our way to the room, to find the room was for disabled people, which I would not have an issue with, but it was impossible to have a shower unless you sat down on the disabled seat. The sink was broken and unuseable and the window did not open. No air conditioning, a fan was left in the corner, unfortuntely the socket was behind the room door and therefore could not be directed towards the bed.
I decided not to complain, but to phone and ask for some ice. An hour later we were still waiting. By this time I was furious and phone to ask for the duty manager, he listened and offered a bottle of wine, which I refused as this would not resolve the issue. To give him creidt he did listen to my complaint and came up to the room to inspect the issue with the unuseable sink and brought the ice, he did eventually offer a two night stay free of charge and I would need to sort out the details with reception the next morning.
The next morning I spoke to reception who knew nothing about this, so had to relay all of the information again, before it was resolved.
Again on the second morning the breakfast was a disaster, only one waitress, and unfortuntely all tables were dirty and not uncleared. We asked for a table to be cleared, and she did clear the table but did not wipe it and it was disgusting. The butter was off and the waitress forgot our tea and coffee.
The only positive point about this hotel is that the building is beautiful to look at from the outside, but the service and rooms are a shamble. Rooms are too far from reception, not clean and not maintained. Reception is unorganised and over worked, the queue to check out was horrendous.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rubysunshine

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Beaumont. I am pleased to hear that the duty manager attended to your complaint and listened to you. It also appears that we have fallen short of or normal service standards on this occasion and for that I would like to apologise. Your comments has been shared with the team. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next stay and that you will have a great experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Myself and my wife booked this hotel as we had a family wedding to attend. Although the hotel has lovely grounds it doesn't make up for all the cons. Once booked in, we had to walk a great distance, uphill, doors, stairs and long corridors to get to our room, we are a couple in our 60's-70's so it was totally unrealistic to give us a room so far away. It was exhausting even to think about the walk back to the room, so we had to make sure everytime we were leaving that we weren't forgetting anything. The room was very very small and it was very disappointing to get to your room and find the room to be so tiny especially when we had travelled from Ireland and when you are paying £79 a night that works out expensive considering the exchange rate. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AZZAM1

Thank for your sharing your thoughts on your recent visit. Your review has been shared with the team and I agree that you should have been offered a room closer to the main building, although this is not always possible for us to do due to room types and occupancy levels. We will continue to try and improve on our service and your review is helping us to do that.

Many thanks,

The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!