“Great Hotel for WIndsor & Heathrow”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Rochester, New York
“Great Hotel for WIndsor & Heathrow”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my last stop after a visit to Windsor (about 5 miles) and before heading to Heathrow (less than 20 minutes by car).

Beautiful grounds (wish I had more time to explore); would be great for a family visit or a romantic couples break. Very comfortable, clean and modern room for a very competitive price. Room service and reception staff very professional and responsive to my needs. Breakfast was a buffet, not great but certainly adequate.

Compared to many of the accommodations in Windsor, this is my preferred hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: Large hotel with lots of corridors: ask for a room in the back of the property for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following a stay with us.

I was pleased you found our location was ideal for you.

Thank you for your comments on how comfortable, clean and modern our rooms are, I was pleased you also found our prices competitive.

Your comments about our reception staff and room service have been passed onto the team and I thank you for this feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Beaumont Estate in the future and I hope you get the opportunity to explore our beautiful grounds

Kim Norris- Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel staffed by poorly trained teenagers. Concept of customer service non-existent. One person serving behind the bar for 170 people. Service in the restaurant painfully slow. Quality of food was a joke - looked as if it was re-heated ready meals from Tesco. Ordered coffee, but after 30 minutes waiting gave up and left the restaurant. Rooms small and unheated. TV signal is poor and doesn't work properly. Impossible to log on to very expensive internet. Summary: A large hotel with no personality, staff that are not the slightest bit interested in the concept of helping paying guests, and food that quite honestly you could prepare better at home. Not to be recommended and will never stay here again.

Room Tip: The best room to chose is in any other hotel than this one!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Travelbug8344
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel following a recent stay.

I was disappointed your recent stay with us didn’t meet your expectations.

I apologise you thought our hotel was staffed by teenagers, this is however not the case, we employ staff of all ages and everyone is trained to a very high standard.

After reading your comments on our Restaurant I passed your feedback onto our Food and Beverage Manager and I can only apologise the food wasn’t to your taste.

We have always received positive comments about our staff, being helpful and friendly, I am disappointed you didn’t find this was the case.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We always stay at the Beaumont Hotel when visiting Legoland. The hotel is set in picturesque surroundings & maintains a high standard of service.

After a long day in the park, we arrived at the hotel tired & hungry, the hotel took our luggage to our room, so we could enjoy a drink & meal in the bar.

Our family room was very comfortable & clean, with contemporary décor.

The only tarnish on our otherwise lovely stay, was the breakfast, whereby too few staff ran around like headless chickens to clean & lay tables whilst guests flowed in & out of the breakfast room. The hot items weren't replenished sufficiently so we had to wait for most items of food, whilst the few items that we had went cold. Serving areas were left in a mess by other guess but not tided by hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheWanderer46
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Beaumont Estate again while visiting Legoland.

I was delighted you again received a high standard of service, we pride ourselves on our high levels of customer care. Its always lovely to have guests returning to us because of the care and service that we provide.

I apologise our restaurant was a little disappointing and I have passed this feedback onto our Food and Beverage Manager, it is with this type of feedback that we can use to improve our Service.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked a one night package through the lego land website. hotel was really big and very impressive. Our room was a large family room, more than enough space for 2 adults and 2 children.
We didn't eat but the menu looked great and the food we saw in the bar looked really nice.
The staff were very professional and very polite.
We did have buffet breakfast which was really nice.
Credit to the staff and management.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jdl2004
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont Estate.

I was pleased you had a lovely stay with us when you visited Legoland.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and that they were professional and polite.

I was delighted you found your room plenty big enough for you all and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

Once again thank you for your lovely review.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I visited in August this year with my family as a spur of the moment trip to legoland. I was recommended this hotel but after reading the previous reviews on here I was hestitate in making my booking but after looking at the photos I went for it.
As soon as we arrived the driveway was stunning leading upto the hotel and the grounds. We were greeted by Jodie on reception who had a brilliant sence of humour and was really calming and reassuring when we found out that their system hadn't updated with out last minute booking. Excellent guest service from Jodie and we made sure we went back to thank her before we departed.
With plenty of grounds to walk round and a swimming pool, play area, kids club, nature trail (which does need revamping as it's a bit old and sad looking)
Only issue is that we didn't have enough time in the day to do everything we wanted. And I would say the food and drinks prices were very expensive and could do with revising.
Would definitely be visiting again with my family.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate.

I was delighted to read your review of Beaumont Estate and was pleased you decided to visit us despite some negative comments on Tripadvisor, it does prove that everyone has a different opinion and people should always try things themselves.

Thank you for your lovely comments about Jodie, we train all our staff to be efficient, friendly and helpful.

I was pleased you had the opportunity to walk around our lovely grounds and enjoyed the swimming pool. Our nature trail will be having a face lift in the spring.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Donegal
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed there for three nights on a Legoland package. Was quite put off by negative reviews, but our stay turned out to be OK. Our room was comfortable, if a little tight with a double and 2 pullout beds. The room was a distance from the reception alright, but it wasn't too big a deal.

Breakfast was spot on, if a little crowded - on the second morning there was a 20 minute queue.

Dinner was OK, either a la carte or a buffet. The buffet was expensive at £23, but kids eat free, which softened the blow a little.

I found the staff all efficient and friendly.

The pool was OK, but a little deep for the kids.

All in all, reasonably good, handy for Legoland.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following a recent stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed your time spent at Legoland and that you all had fun.

I was pleased to see that you felt you had a nice stay with us and that you found all of our staff friendly and efficient.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast despite the long queues you experienced, these are unfortunately unavoidable at very busy times.

I hope you get the opportunity to return to us again in the future.

Kind Regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a special weekend, and we were extremely disappointed in the service and the staff. We booked a family room for 3 it wasn't very clean and the trouser press wasn't working, the food was very poor and expensive, this is rated as a 4 star hotel, and their prices for a 2 nights stay was high, but unfortunately the service didn't reflect this. I felt it was a huge waste of our money. The breakfast was absolutely mayhem, the food was cold and so were the plates. I even requested a room close to the amenities as I had a mobility issue but they never even considered that. The tv was of very poor quality and they stated it was a Plasma, not in this lifetime was it one. A glass of wine was £6.95, and it wasn't that good a wine, burgers were £15 which is an absolute rip-off. We were looking forward to a lovely hotel which clearly this is not, for the prices they are charging. We will not stay here again and we drove all the way from Scotland, and at the end of a very long drive it was very disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems this is not for you as the rooms are a good walk from anywhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our Hotel following your stay with us.

Please accept my apologies that on this occasion you were disappointed with our Service and our staff. There is no excuse for poor housekeeping and I have passed your comments onto our Housekeeping Executive.

I apologise you didn’t feel your room was close to all our amenities, but as a large Estate our rooms are situated throughout the property and some can be a short walk away from reception, but all are totally accessible.

I am disappointed you wont be staying with us again as you thought our hotel and Restaurant were expensive.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Windsor
The Oakley Court
#2 of 18 in Windsor
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Savill Court Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!