“Business meeting venue”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Reading, United Kingdom
“Business meeting venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We recently used the venue for a team off site meeting and it is a very good venue and the service was also very good. However, it is very large and often a long walk to get anywhere with long never ending corridors. The place is clean and it is good value but very large

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Beaumont Estate following a recent business meeting. I am delighted your meeting was successful and that our staff and the venue provided the service expected. As you mentioned, Beaumont is a large venue which allows us a offer flexible conference and meeting space for all numbers of events.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment on Beaumont and I do hope that we have an opportunity to host another event for you soon.

Caroline Morrone - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Hebrew first
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Attended a large conference and there was at least two other large meetings at the hotel at the same time. The venue is ideal for conferences and set up to deal with large numbers, however I wouldn't stay here for a quiet family or romantic break during the week. Weekends are probably a great time to stay here as it's close to Windsor and has large grounds for a quiet relaxing walk.

Rooms were as expected, clean and functional however as the hotel is so large, it's a bit of a rabbit warren greeting back to the main building for the restaurant etc.

The gym and pool are good but it got pretty busy, but that could be down to so many people attending the meetings.

I ate in the bar, beers were £5 each and a burger £15 which I thought was pretty steep so wouldn't want to eat at the hotel if I came with a family. It's a short taxi ride to Windsor so you may want to consider eating elsewhere.

Overall, great for conference but not the place mid week if you want a quiet break.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony B
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I was delighted you found our conference facilities great and I hope your conference was a great success.

Our hotel is very large and it can be a little confusing finding your way around, that’s why we give all our guests a detailed map upon arrival.

We cater for all types of breaks, conference, family and romantic, we are a big enough property to be able to cater for everyone.

I hope you get the opportunity to return to us in the future,

Leominster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Looks very impressive on arrival .When I got into my room I found it very small and only a double bed when I thought for the price it would be a kingsize.Pool very ordinary and dowdy would not stay again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are along walk from reception if you have walking difficulties ask for one close too rece...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank Katie B
Thank you for you recent review of our hotel following a stay with us.

I was disappointed to read your recent stay with is didn’t meet your expectations.

I apologise for the misunderstanding about the bed sizes that our hotel rooms have. I also apologise that you found the room small, however without knowing what type of room you booked I am unable to comment further.

I was disappointed our swimming pool was not to your taste, it has a large pool and excellent guest facilities.

Travellers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my last stop after a visit to Windsor (about 5 miles) and before heading to Heathrow (less than 20 minutes by car).

Beautiful grounds (wish I had more time to explore); would be great for a family visit or a romantic couples break. Very comfortable, clean and modern room for a very competitive price. Room service and reception staff very professional and responsive to my needs. Breakfast was a buffet, not great but certainly adequate.

Compared to many of the accommodations in Windsor, this is my preferred hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: Large hotel with lots of corridors: ask for a room in the back of the property for a quiet stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following a stay with us.

I was pleased you found our location was ideal for you.

Thank you for your comments on how comfortable, clean and modern our rooms are, I was pleased you also found our prices competitive.

Your comments about our reception staff and room service have been passed onto the team and I thank you for this feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Beaumont Estate in the future and I hope you get the opportunity to explore our beautiful grounds

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel staffed by poorly trained teenagers. Concept of customer service non-existent. One person serving behind the bar for 170 people. Service in the restaurant painfully slow. Quality of food was a joke - looked as if it was re-heated ready meals from Tesco. Ordered coffee, but after 30 minutes waiting gave up and left the restaurant. Rooms small and unheated. TV signal is poor and doesn't work properly. Impossible to log on to very expensive internet. Summary: A large hotel with no personality, staff that are not the slightest bit interested in the concept of helping paying guests, and food that quite honestly you could prepare better at home. Not to be recommended and will never stay here again.

Room Tip: The best room to chose is in any other hotel than this one!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Travelbug8344
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel following a recent stay.

I was disappointed your recent stay with us didn’t meet your expectations.

I apologise you thought our hotel was staffed by teenagers, this is however not the case, we employ staff of all ages and everyone is trained to a very high standard.

After reading your comments on our Restaurant I passed your feedback onto our Food and Beverage Manager and I can only apologise the food wasn’t to your taste.

We have always received positive comments about our staff, being helpful and friendly, I am disappointed you didn’t find this was the case.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We always stay at the Beaumont Hotel when visiting Legoland. The hotel is set in picturesque surroundings & maintains a high standard of service.

After a long day in the park, we arrived at the hotel tired & hungry, the hotel took our luggage to our room, so we could enjoy a drink & meal in the bar.

Our family room was very comfortable & clean, with contemporary décor.

The only tarnish on our otherwise lovely stay, was the breakfast, whereby too few staff ran around like headless chickens to clean & lay tables whilst guests flowed in & out of the breakfast room. The hot items weren't replenished sufficiently so we had to wait for most items of food, whilst the few items that we had went cold. Serving areas were left in a mess by other guess but not tided by hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheWanderer46
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Beaumont Estate again while visiting Legoland.

I was delighted you again received a high standard of service, we pride ourselves on our high levels of customer care. Its always lovely to have guests returning to us because of the care and service that we provide.

I apologise our restaurant was a little disappointing and I have passed this feedback onto our Food and Beverage Manager, it is with this type of feedback that we can use to improve our Service.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked a one night package through the lego land website. hotel was really big and very impressive. Our room was a large family room, more than enough space for 2 adults and 2 children.
We didn't eat but the menu looked great and the food we saw in the bar looked really nice.
The staff were very professional and very polite.
We did have buffet breakfast which was really nice.
Credit to the staff and management.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jdl2004
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont Estate.

I was pleased you had a lovely stay with us when you visited Legoland.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and that they were professional and polite.

I was delighted you found your room plenty big enough for you all and that you enjoyed your breakfast.

Once again thank you for your lovely review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Windsor
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!