“Huge hotel - basically for Legoland families or Conferences” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Vere Beaumont Estate

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
UK
“Huge hotel - basically for Legoland families or Conferences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Pretty average hotel, staff are great and room was ok for 2 Adults and 1 Child - but to be honest it had no soul whatsoever. Mainly a hotel for families on a Legoland break, or a Conference type event. Food was ok, but buffet/carvery was frenetic and very noisy. Swimming pool really cold, no spa facilities, and childrens room was a total mess - with old milk in a jug with few beakers. We got good price, so cant complain but the photos on the website are not a true relection.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Letiss1
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments about our great staff here at Beaumont Estate.

I was disappointed you found our hotel lacked soul, we do try to ensure a lovely ambience throughout our hotel and we feel that given the historical buildings and surroundings that we manage this and still allow our hotel to remain contemporary without loosing its historical status.

I apologise you found our leisure facilities disappointing, we have a large pool, gym, tennis and squash courts. Our children’s playroom has a wii, dvd player and toys, I have expressed my concern to our Housekeeping department about milk and glasses not being cleared away and I can only apologise for this.

I hope you will choose to return to Principal Hayley again in the future.

Kind Regards

Kim Norris- Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (926)
  • Hebrew first
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed for one night on dinner, b & b terms, en-route to Gatwick from the Midlands. Staying in the Old School house, all amenities were very accessible. The room, although not large, was excellently appointed and both dinner & breakfast were of both good choice & quality. Proximity to the M25 was most convenient.
One potential concern was that the hotel lies on the Heathrow flight-path: however, no aircraft noise was disernable between 2215 and 0700 hours.
In conclusion, an excellent choice for our stay.

Room Tip: The Old School building is close to most amenities in the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Beaumont Estate following a recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with is and that your room met with your expectations.

I was delighted that your concern of aircraft noise was not a worry and it didn’t disturb your nights sleep in anyway, they do not have night flights out of Heathrow unless necessary.

Thank you once again for taking time to review Beaumont and I do hope that you will consider staying at Principal Hayley again in the future.

Kim Norris- Guest Relations Manager
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Pretty awful conference facility/hotel - no room service, broken blinds, worst ever wifi connection, no taxi service, overpriced bar and restaurant. I even had a spider floating in my glass of wine. Several times during our meeting we had to proactively ask for the fridge to be refilled, for some heating, the projector and flip charts were faulty, etc.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Polly_Travel
Thank you for your recent comments on our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to read your comments on our hotel and was equally disappointed that it didn’t meet with your expectations.

Our hotel offers room service and there is a menu in each room, so I am little puzzled why you were under the impression that it wasn’t available, so I apologise for the misunderstanding. We also have an excellent taxi service available and cars are here within 10 minutes of ordering.

I apologise you found our restaurant and bar prices expensive, we do try and remain competitive with all local bars and hotels.

With reference to the problems in your conference facilities, we have Guest relations on call at all times when conferences are ongoing and they would have been available to help at all times, I hope your conference went well other than those few teething problems.

Thank you once again for taking time to write a review.

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is located on a huge piece of land with many many (sometimes historical) buildings interconnected together. Which is probably fine if you are here on vacation or a conference, but did not work well for me for a short stay for work.
Here are some lowlights:
- it takes 5 to 10 minutes to walk from more distant room to the reception/restaurant area. you walk and walk and walk and try to squeeze your suitcase at the room service carts on narrow corridors
- although it is a very large and dispersed property, regular rooms are ultra small
- there was no internet wifi range in my room - too far away
- in other areas where I could connect, free speed is 256kb/s. Come on.
- there is a paid extra bandwidth internet but when you click it you can't normally pay with your card or put it on your room. You have to purchase a voucher at the reception. But you're back in your room - reminding - 10 minutes from the reception. Error.
- hotel directory in your room does not say anything. especially nothing about their leisure club.
Here are some highlights:
- breakfast - very good full English breakfast
- bar - serves beer. good
Maybe good hotel for vacation or drinking-conference, but not for short business stay.

Room Tip: Do not take a regular room.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on tripadvisor following a stay with us.

I was pleased that you enjoyed a nice breakfast when you recently stayed with us and that you thought that our bar served good beer.

I was however disappointed that you felt our hotel had some shortcomings, mainly the size and the distance that our rooms are away from the main reception. As a large country estate that wants all of our guests to enjoy our grounds, it is inevitable that some of our rooms are going to be a short walk from reception.

Our internet services are under constant review to ensure all our guests are receiving the best access to the internet and I apologise this didn’t seem to be the case on your visit.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Kind Regards

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager
Milton keynes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Actually, that title is unfair to Travelodges!

OK, this is close to Heathrow and the M25, so is reasonable value, however it is a long way from the proposition made by the website.

This clearly used to be a large corporate training centre and now is a never ending rabbit warren of characterless corridors. The room is OK, the restaurant food is good but the service is indifferent by bad communicators.

The WIFI is free for 30 minutes and doesn't work anyway.

Principal Hayley have just crossed themselves off my list...

OK, so it has a pool - which is a LONG walk from my room... far enough to make it unappealing.

Next time I will take the Holiday Inn Express option - Better for less.

Room Tip: Insist on being near reception
1 Thank TravellinBaz
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and I am disappointed that you were not entirely satisifed with your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and our food offering, and found the location to be convienient, although i am saddened you found some shortcomings with the ambience of the hotel.

Beaumont is an estate that dates back to the 17th century, and although it has been extended in recent years, the public areas, Leisure club, White House and Chapel cover a significant part of the original building, and retain a vast amount of historic value to the estate. I am naturally saddened that you did not experience or review the older areas of the hotel as I believe that this would have given you an different insight into Beaumont.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review Beaumont and I do hope that you will consider staying with Principal Hayley again in the future.

Dover
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Have been staying there for the last few years to attend conferences, this time I really noticed frayed carpets in Reception, mould growing in my room and probably the coldest hotel I have ever stayed in. Reception staff took money off my card on arrival although I had specifically asked for them not to prior to arrival, I had even asked for their bank details to transfer the money but no one called me back. No apologies offered by Reception whatsoever. The only good experience was when booking, the reservation clerk was very friendly and professional she was badly let down by her colleagues from group bookings. On the plus side, the food had improved even though being served a lunch in a box is taking portion control a step too far in my view. It's something wanting to be trendy it's another being able to achieve it. Come on Principals pull your socks up and spend some money on your facilities regularly not just every 10 years!

Room Tip: Bring your GPS with you if it's the first time you are staying!
1 Thank teachersescape
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I note that you are a regular guest at the hotel and I am disappointed that on this occasion we have not met with your expectation.

I have discussed your comments with the Front Office Manager to ensure that our authorisation and payment procedures are correctly communicated to all guests on arrival, and apologise that this was not actioned as you required.

Beaumont has had considerable investment throughout 2013, and I do hope you noticed that the Hanover Lounge has been completely refurbished as of August 2013, with new carpets throughout the corridors and lounge area, new furniture, decoration and artwork. In addition the reception area has been updated, and we have undertaken a complete refurbishment of a number of bedrooms, although I cannot comment on your specific room.
As with all hotels we have a very robust phased plan for refurbishment and your comments have been shared to review the specific carpet you have mentioned.

I am delighted you noted that the quality of food has improved, and certainly the Bento boxes you decribe are a very popular addition, although the Bento Boxes are specifically requested and not a standard menu item I apologise that you were not pleased with this offering.

Overall, I do hope that you will consider staying at Beaumont Estate again in the future and thank you for your comments.

Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We recently used the venue for a team off site meeting and it is a very good venue and the service was also very good. However, it is very large and often a long walk to get anywhere with long never ending corridors. The place is clean and it is good value but very large

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Beaumont Estate following a recent business meeting. I am delighted your meeting was successful and that our staff and the venue provided the service expected. As you mentioned, Beaumont is a large venue which allows us a offer flexible conference and meeting space for all numbers of events.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment on Beaumont and I do hope that we have an opportunity to host another event for you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Windsor
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!