“Fantastic hotel in great location”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here with some friends for my birthday for the weekend.  Had a lovely room which was modern and very clean.  Staff were all friendly and were extremely helpful, especially when I realised that I had left my phone charger at home.  The Front of House Manager kindly found me another one to use during my stay.  Check in and out was quick and efficient and a great choice for breakfast.  Considering it is such a large hotel, breakfast was quick and efficient with a great choice of hot and cold food.  The location is fantastic as well, just 5 minutes to the centre of Windsor which was great for a girlie weekend.  There were quite a few families staying there as Legoland and Thorpe Park are so close and it was the half term.  They even had a Bear to entertain the children as they arrived, which I thought was a great touch.  If you want a convenient, clean, friendly hotel in a great location, this is definately it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following a recent stay.

I am delighted that on your recent visit to us to found everything met your expectations.

I was delighted your room was to your taste and that you found all our staff friendly and extremely helpful. I was pleased your check in and check out were quick and efficient.

Our location is indeed fantastic and it is a delight when guests appreciate it and the facilities that we have to offer.

Our Beaumont Bear just loves to entertain the children and he can often be seen in the Main receptions showing off some of his exquisite dance moves.

I hope you get the opportunity to visit with us again in the near future, perhaps for the girlie weekend you mentioned.

Kim Norris- Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,985)

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay on a wowcher deal. Staff did not seem aware of my package, room was nice clean comfortable and modern in the White House, but small compared to other hotel stays. Was rather disappointed by restaurant food, presented more like school dinners on a very small plate certainly not fine presentation. I had feather blade of beef and my partner
pork loin which was a chop! Overall we enjoyed our stay but if I had paid full price I would have been extremely disappointed

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel following your recent stay.

I am pleased you were satisfied with your room but was disappointed that our restaurant didn’t meet with your expectations.

Our staff are all fully aware of Wowcher and what this package consists of and I apologise you felt that they didn’t. We are constantly re training our staff to ensure they are up to date with all types of packages that we offer.

I was disappointed you felt our food presentation was lacking and I have passed this feedback onto our chef to ensure that this is not the case.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome yo back to Principal Hale in te near future and once again thank you for taking time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Pretty average hotel, staff are great and room was ok for 2 Adults and 1 Child - but to be honest it had no soul whatsoever. Mainly a hotel for families on a Legoland break, or a Conference type event. Food was ok, but buffet/carvery was frenetic and very noisy. Swimming pool really cold, no spa facilities, and childrens room was a total mess - with old milk in a jug with few beakers. We got good price, so cant complain but the photos on the website are not a true relection.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Letiss1

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments about our great staff here at Beaumont Estate.

I was disappointed you found our hotel lacked soul, we do try to ensure a lovely ambience throughout our hotel and we feel that given the historical buildings and surroundings that we manage this and still allow our hotel to remain contemporary without loosing its historical status.

I apologise you found our leisure facilities disappointing, we have a large pool, gym, tennis and squash courts. Our children’s playroom has a wii, dvd player and toys, I have expressed my concern to our Housekeeping department about milk and glasses not being cleared away and I can only apologise for this.

I hope you will choose to return to Principal Hayley again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed for one night on dinner, b & b terms, en-route to Gatwick from the Midlands. Staying in the Old School house, all amenities were very accessible. The room, although not large, was excellently appointed and both dinner & breakfast were of both good choice & quality. Proximity to the M25 was most convenient.
One potential concern was that the hotel lies on the Heathrow flight-path: however, no aircraft noise was disernable between 2215 and 0700 hours.
In conclusion, an excellent choice for our stay.

Room Tip: The Old School building is close to most amenities in the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Beaumont Estate following a recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with is and that your room met with your expectations.

I was delighted that your concern of aircraft noise was not a worry and it didn’t disturb your nights sleep in anyway, they do not have night flights out of Heathrow unless necessary.

Thank you once again for taking time to review Beaumont and I do hope that you will consider staying at Principal Hayley again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Pretty awful conference facility/hotel - no room service, broken blinds, worst ever wifi connection, no taxi service, overpriced bar and restaurant. I even had a spider floating in my glass of wine. Several times during our meeting we had to proactively ask for the fridge to be refilled, for some heating, the projector and flip charts were faulty, etc.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Polly_Travel

Thank you for your recent comments on our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to read your comments on our hotel and was equally disappointed that it didn’t meet with your expectations.

Our hotel offers room service and there is a menu in each room, so I am little puzzled why you were under the impression that it wasn’t available, so I apologise for the misunderstanding. We also have an excellent taxi service available and cars are here within 10 minutes of ordering.

I apologise you found our restaurant and bar prices expensive, we do try and remain competitive with all local bars and hotels.

With reference to the problems in your conference facilities, we have Guest relations on call at all times when conferences are ongoing and they would have been available to help at all times, I hope your conference went well other than those few teething problems.

Thank you once again for taking time to write a review.

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is located on a huge piece of land with many many (sometimes historical) buildings interconnected together. Which is probably fine if you are here on vacation or a conference, but did not work well for me for a short stay for work.
Here are some lowlights:
- it takes 5 to 10 minutes to walk from more distant room to the reception/restaurant area. you walk and walk and walk and try to squeeze your suitcase at the room service carts on narrow corridors
- although it is a very large and dispersed property, regular rooms are ultra small
- there was no internet wifi range in my room - too far away
- in other areas where I could connect, free speed is 256kb/s. Come on.
- there is a paid extra bandwidth internet but when you click it you can't normally pay with your card or put it on your room. You have to purchase a voucher at the reception. But you're back in your room - reminding - 10 minutes from the reception. Error.
- hotel directory in your room does not say anything. especially nothing about their leisure club.
Here are some highlights:
- breakfast - very good full English breakfast
- bar - serves beer. good
Maybe good hotel for vacation or drinking-conference, but not for short business stay.

Room Tip: Do not take a regular room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on tripadvisor following a stay with us.

I was pleased that you enjoyed a nice breakfast when you recently stayed with us and that you thought that our bar served good beer.

I was however disappointed that you felt our hotel had some shortcomings, mainly the size and the distance that our rooms are away from the main reception. As a large country estate that wants all of our guests to enjoy our grounds, it is inevitable that some of our rooms are going to be a short walk from reception.

Our internet services are under constant review to ensure all our guests are receiving the best access to the internet and I apologise this didn’t seem to be the case on your visit.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Actually, that title is unfair to Travelodges!

OK, this is close to Heathrow and the M25, so is reasonable value, however it is a long way from the proposition made by the website.

This clearly used to be a large corporate training centre and now is a never ending rabbit warren of characterless corridors. The room is OK, the restaurant food is good but the service is indifferent by bad communicators.

The WIFI is free for 30 minutes and doesn't work anyway.

Principal Hayley have just crossed themselves off my list...

OK, so it has a pool - which is a LONG walk from my room... far enough to make it unappealing.

Next time I will take the Holiday Inn Express option - Better for less.

Room Tip: Insist on being near reception
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellinBaz
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and I am disappointed that you were not entirely satisifed with your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and our food offering, and found the location to be convienient, although i am saddened you found some shortcomings with the ambience of the hotel.

Beaumont is an estate that dates back to the 17th century, and although it has been extended in recent years, the public areas, Leisure club, White House and Chapel cover a significant part of the original building, and retain a vast amount of historic value to the estate. I am naturally saddened that you did not experience or review the older areas of the hotel as I believe that this would have given you an different insight into Beaumont.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review Beaumont and I do hope that you will consider staying with Principal Hayley again in the future.

Caroline Morrone - General Manager

#2 of 19 in Windsor
Macdonald Windsor Hotel
Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!