“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I rarely write reviews, but felt I had to redress the balance of the rather moany reviewiers rating it as adequate or less. I found the hotel to be significantly better than I expected and had a very pleasant stay.

The staff were very friendly and courteous, and the breakfast was superb - a great buffet selection, nicely laid out and well cooked, with plenty for everyone.

The room was well-appointed and fitted us nicely (2 adults and 2 kids). The bed was very comfortable and we had a good sleep. Very little noise from other rooms etc.

Granted, this is a busy hotel, especially with the Legoland deal which I am sure accounted for around 80% of the visitors. And yes it's a very big place, full of kids and the general hubbub that goes with them. But all things considered I think they do a great job and I would certainly be happy to go back there again on my next trip to the land of Lego.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Adam V
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Beaumont estate following your stay with us.

It was a delight to read your lovely comments about our staff and how courteous you found them
I was also pleased your room was well appointed and comfortable
I was pleased you decided to write a review based on your experience with us and how much you enjoyed it
I look forward to you returning in the future.

Tracey Campbell= Guest Relations Officer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at Beaumont estate for a wedding of a friend. The venue is beautiful. The reception in the chapel room was really impressive. Unfortunately that was the extent of the positive for the weekend. They did not have the room we booked when we arrived. We signed up for an upgrade on line in advance but it was not guaranteed which we were fine that it was not available. The clerk wanted to give us a bigger room which I declined several times but he insisted. We were given a disabled room. For a six foot man the low sink and fittings not what we wanted. We asked to change rooms and the front desk said they would and were to call us back. No return call and no new room. The lift also didn't work in the way to our room. It wouldn't stop on the first floor. So we had to go to the second and the walk down the stairs. With all out luggage was annoying. We went to the bar for dinner. Waitress took our order and repeated it back ( I remember it because I remembered thinking "She's good" (having been a server myself and it's not easy) My burger came out and no pizza for husband. They forgot to make it. By the time his came out (freshly made so it tasted good) I was done with my dinner. The wifi was spotty thru the hotel. Breakfast at buffet on the Saturday was fair but took 3 requests to get a carafe of coffee and similar for a jug of water. The girls were run off their feet and working randomly at all different tables so service spotty. They gave us £50 off our first night there (we were there two nights) which was appreciated. But do not be fooled by the website - it looks fabulous, but essentially a motel on beautiful grounds and good location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmcinuk
Thank you for posting your review of the hotel and I am disappointed that you encourtered short comings with our service.

I was delighted that any problems you experienced were dealt with and resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for sharing your feed back with us.

Tracey Campbell- Guest Relations Officer

Travellers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Wakefield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful estate but small bedrooms and inadequate restaurant facilities. We stayed 3 nights and ate out all three nights. If you enjoy buffet style meals in a very loud dis-organised atmosphere then you will be ok. We walked in and walked out. The breakfast was like this too. We had to wait 45 mins for an omelet because the chefs were too busy cooking for the buffet. Absolutely terrible service. No staff spoke English so that wasn't a great help. Awful.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nicola P
Thank your for your recent feedback of our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

I apologise our hotel didn’t meet with you expectations when you recently visited us.

I was surprised our restaurant wasn’t suited to your needs, we have not only a fully stocked buffet , carvery and a la carte menu but also a tempus bar & grill that has a large ‘bar menu’ to choose from
Thank you again for your feedback we always find this a useful took to improve our product and service .

Tracey Campbell- Guest Relations Officer
Morpeth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very much enjoyed this hotel and its atmosphere - we had a room in the Old School part of the hotel, which was a lovely looking area of the hotel, though we had a bit of trouble finding it as we were actually pointed to the wrong floor and the wrong part of the hotel. The room was very comfortable and warm and it was spotless, the only real downside being the frosted glass on the bathroom door, felt a little awkward as it did not provide much privacy! Allowed you to relax in the room otherwise as the furnishings were very comfortable, you could make your own tea/coffee, and there was a decent TV. The food was lovely, though the dining room was not quite what we expected - it was quite alike to a food hall, though the food itself was lovely, it was quite loud and busy, unexpected as you had to reserve a table. The service in the dining hall and bar were almost flawless, felt welcomed and comfortable. The check-in desk service wasn't quite up to this standard due to our experience of having to spend about 20 minutes finding out we'd been sent to the wrong section of the hotel! The breakfast we found more than satisfactory - lots of choice, hot or cold, and again you were looked after well by the staff.
The hotel is situated in Old Windsor, relatively close to attractions such as Legoland, Windsor, and Windsor Castle, so you don't have to go out of your way to find something to do during the day.
Overall a very pleasant stay, with slight room for improvement.

2 Thank Aerythrin
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following a recent stay with us.

I was delighted you had a very enjoyable stay with us and our hotel exceeded your expectations.

I apologise you had a few small problems on check in, but I was pleased to read that these were quickly resolved for you.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Tracey Campbell
Guest Relations Officer
Sevenoaks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here for a company meeting and was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. The hotel is a sprawling mixture of blocks around a old building core. The decor in the public areas and function rooms is modern and what one would expect for such a venue. Getting around, however, involved quite a route march.
My room was modern and well furnished. There was, however, three or four damp spots in the plaster above the windows, suggestive of a leak.
The chairs and bed were comfortable and the linen clean.
The bathroom, whilst modern, was very pokey. They could easily have taken a little more off the room area to increase the bathroom. The shower in the morning had to be run at full force for in excess of 3-4 minutes before there was evidence of any hot water.
The proximity to the Heathrow flight path was for me was a problem. Flights started at 0600 and finished at 2330. They disturbed my sleep.
On the second night other guests were very rowdy beneath my window and still going strong at 0230! The staff seemed unwiling to deal with the problem until a number of complaints had been made. So if you are part of a company event and used to staying up late then you might not mind. If however you are staying as a 'normal' guest have alook at how many companies are booked in.
Having arrived to a wonderful surrounding parkland and a large country house feel to the place the overall experience was rather disappointing.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room in the main building that over looks the patio area. Alternatively ask for a roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IanSevenoaks
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for posting you review of our Hotel following a recent stay with us, I was saddened to he you were disappointed and we didn’t meet with your expectations.

I apologise that the Airport noise disturbed you along with some guests as you have mentioned in your review.

I have shared your experiences with our Management teams and I once again would like to thank you for your feedback

Tracey Campbell
Guest Relations Officer
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife booked a deluxe room as a surprise for my birthday, deluxe it was not. It was tiny, had old single glazed sash windows ( not good considering the proximity to Heathrow's flight path). There were no "comfy chairs", the bathroom had a vaguely frosted glass door that left nothing to the imagination, the only way that we could make tea was to put the tea tray on the floor as the lead on the kettle was very short and the only available power points were at skirting board height. Don't be fooled by the photos of the White House you won't get a room there it seems to be only for wedding and corporate use. Of the four bars in the hotel only one was available for residents use, the staff were fine but the drinks on offer were very limited, a four star hotel that doesn't do cocktails! The only positive things that I can say about this place is that the staff were very good and if you have kids and can get the Legoland deal you might be alright.
Four star it ain't, I would not recommend this hotel at all especially at the prices they charge for the "deluxe" rooms.

Room Tip: We had room 76 Old School definitely not my idea of deluxe.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Beaumont Estate and I was disappointed that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay.

Our Deluxe rooms are located in the Old School, which dates back to the 17th century, sadly planning constraints did not allow us to significantly alter the room sizes or glazing as the building is steeped in history and had to be maintained in as much of an original state as possible, and I apologise if this room was not to your liking.

We have only one public bar at the hotel called the Tempus bar, so I am unsure of which other bars you are refering too? On occasion we do have the option to open an additional bar in the Hanover lounge, however this is predominately used in conjunction with a corporate event, and is not a public bar.

I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be good and that this was a positive from your stay.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Peter Ingels
Suffolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A lovely hotel and after a lovely day at legoland was lovely to come here and relax. Room was quite small but adequate for what we wanted and breakfast was lovely too with plenty of choice. The only thing I would say is the dinner was very limited for choice and was very expensive. Overall a lovely relaxing stay!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Beaumont Estate following a recent stay.

I was delighted to see that you had a relaxing stay and enjoyed your time at the hotel, following a trip to Legoland.

I have shared your comments with the hotel team as we enjoy receiving positive feedback from guests who have stayed with us, and I have asked the Chef to review the menus in place so that a greater choice is available for future guests.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we do hope you visit us again soon.

Peter Ingels
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!