“Weekend break”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Booked as seen on the web site. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's presentation as described on the site.
The old house is lovely but is directly under some flight paths from Heathrow. The food in the evening was a buffet or menu so decided to eat from the carvery buffet. The meat wasn't the best cut and veg a bit cold. This was only 7pm in the evening. The rest of the hotel is nothing but an extended new modern block rooms. Although I didn't see the suites I hope they are better than the standard room. It's ok if you have a family and want to use it as a stepping stone for LEGOLAND.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (983)
  • Hebrew first
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My second visit here as a conference organiser, so I can only blame myself. Really enjoyed the first trip here but made the error this time of organising our 4 day event over bank holiday weekend, where the hotel was JAMMED with weddings, drunks and kids. Which is fine, but on walking into the restaurant I felt I had walked into a Butlins self serve restaurant. Food was pretty lousy this time on the 24hr delegate rate, bit of a bog standard buffet but you could pay to choose from menu. One little bug bear, every single morning I had to literally CHASE the breakfast staff for coffee, which is not great in the morning when I have a grump on.

The hotel does do conferences and meetings very well, we were a bit alienated over the weekend as they had bigger fish to deal with and the place was chaotic but fine once the "tourists" had pretty much cleared off

It is a tale of two hotels, last time I had a room in the White House, which is great but this time we all got what felt like the last rooms in the hotel, takes about an hr to walk to them, I kept getting lost, my feet hurt and I felt totally miserable. The room was a twin as well, which was unexpected. On the Saturday night one of the corridors reeked of marijuana, there was no mistaking it. I did get to move rooms to the "Old School" and no complaints there, these are the executive rooms.
The grounds are lovely but I would think again about organising the four days training here, it gets to be quite a bind over nearly a WEEK in a hotel having to traipse miles and miles. The delegate rate is very favourable for the location and the staff are helpful, especially the blonde lady on reception who had to deal with me about 8 times a day, poor girl, however I think we might just bring our delegates slightly further out, pay more in airport transfers but less overall and not get blisters. Unless we were all guaranteed the white house or old school, as I got a bit tired having to deal with the complaints myself, NOT what you want when you organise a conference.
If I was going to Legoland with the kids I might contemplate a stay there.

Room Tip: Bring a Segway or skateboard
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was dreading going here, we had booked and then read some of these reviews, even took my own pillows and thought we would give the included breakfast a miss. We were VERY pleasantly surprised! Much better than Travelodge....just really, really nice. My husband is disabled so were were given ground floor room in the section that has family rooms - but we could park just outside. The bed was huge! Plenty of plump pillows, more towels than we needed. Quite sparse complimentary drinks tray, but more were given when we asked. The breakfast was typical buffet style, but varied and large selection. We kept saying what a moany lot of people must have come here before. Staff were excellent. Perfect place in lovely surroundings

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leah5227
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice hotel, fairly handy for Legoland Windsor. The layout is most unusual, be prepared for a loooooooong walk to your room! Thank goodness for the vending machine which served as a landmark for us as the corridors are like a maze. Great place for families, the kids' buffet is ideal. The restaurant resembles a cruise ship, huge capacity and kids roaming everywhere, sticking grubby little fingers into everything!! Service is friendly. The bar lacks atmosphere, however. Rooms are on the small side but are nevertheless clean and comfortable. We were there for Legoland and so didn't get a chance to check out the playgrounds or swimming pool. £12 taxi fare to Legoland in a pre-booked taxi, £20 in a 'black cab'.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank RugbyNut13
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After reading other comments we were worried. We stayed in the white house area as we were attending a wedding, we upgraded from a standard room for a reasonable charge.
The wedding chapel is amazing as a venue and we found staff helpful and friendly. There are mazes of corridor which take some working out but our room, room 20 had a small balcony overlooking the amazing grounds.
we enjoyed the wedding breakfast where I thought the food was of a reasonable standard and believe me, Im fussy!
Breakfast in the morning however was disorganised and I guess from that all effort is put into the weddings that there are plenty of.
Drinks? whoah save up, really expensive £11 for 2 bottled beers! frightened to ask the price of the wine.
If you are planning a wedding here the venue is top notch.

Room Tip: If offered the upgrade, really consider it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night and my wife + 2 children loved this hotel.The grounds are well maintained and the adjoining rooms were very nice .Breakfast was ok but wish we'd tried dining out instead of eating in the bar restaurant . Was ok but a bit limited choice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

we are staying in the hotel right now and very very disappointed. we booked a family room which was small and nothing like the photos. when we called the front desk and upgraded to a innerconnecting family room at a premium the room was super small and not too our standard. Thankfully we are only here for one night and will never stay here again. I will leave it at that...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!