I booked this hotel to entertain some guests following a hospitality event at Royal Ascot. From the pictures it looks beautiful and we were really pleased with the price. The common areas in the main entrance are lovely and really looks like an upmarket hotel. The staff were very helpful and friendly. When we were told our room number we were presented with a map to help us find it...it was a good 10 minute walk away! We were carrying heavy bags and still wearing heels from our day at Ascot. It was very unpleasant. The room was OK decent size but a bit shabby around the edges. Bathroom shower was broken so when it turned on it shot all around the room because the holder was loose. The worst part was dinner. I checked online that it would be a decent restaurant and it showed an "a la carte" restaurant so I booked there instead of their grill bar. Unfortunately there was also a huge buffet restaurant in the same room so it was busy and noisy and not an elegant place to have dinner at all. It took 1/2 hour for our drinks to come and then a further hour for our food to come - We didn't order starters! Luckily our guests saw the funny side of it. When the food did come it was mediocre which you don't expect for a £25 steak. I think this hotel is good for families with children on a budget because there was some entertainment there but not great for business travelers or couples wanting that little bit extra. We did sample the breakfast in the morning which in my opinion was awful and I am not fussy at all. They need to do a lot of work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire