“Most disgusting breakfast ever” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Vere Beaumont Estate

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
London, United Kingdom
“Most disgusting breakfast ever”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

I thought this was going to be a sweet country hotel and instead it was the largest collection of bedrooms ever. It took about 15 mins to walk there from the soul less reception. However, it was the breakfast which upset me. English breakfast, with poor quality cold food and stale patisseries. I wouldn't recommend this, except that on an offer the room was £50 , which is good for the close location to Windsor.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Fifi186338

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (925)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed here for one night. Arrived at 3.10 to check in 4 people working the desk and it took a few minutes to be acknowledged. Others checking in after a long journey were told the room would not be available for 45 minutes. Not good when people are hoping to get ready for an evening function.

Room was miles away. You need a map to get there. Ours was old, tired and dirty. Smallest lumpiest double bed I've slept in. Shower unusable as water pressure was too low. Left over rubbish from previous guests. No iron in the room. Small ?14 inch tv with very few channels. No room service. At breakfast there was a good selection but the quality was not great. Checkout was fine. One word of warning if you plan to use the residents bar late. If you do not have a credit card registered with reception you cannot get a drink. They don't tell you that when you check in.

As you can guess, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010

Travellers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2010

Arrive in the evening after a long journey, staff took a long time to acknowledge me and then even longer to check in (5 minutes plus) even though I was the only one there. Found that there is no room service which is very disappointing then it is a fair walk to get to the accommodation and it is not well sign posted. The rooms feel like a dormitory/military barracks and it certainly does not feel like a hotel. The rooms are very small and basic and make you feel like you do not want to spend any time.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

On its website, the hotel states "Please note that bedroom pictures on this site may not portray accurate representations of specific bedroom types"
We arrived at 22.00 after a long drive and were shown to a room of the standard we might have expected in cheap bed and breakfast accommodation. Fortunately for us, the radiator was not working and could not be fixed so, at 22.45 and at our request, we were eventually shown to another room which was nearer the standard we had expected from the information we had seen on the website. We could not understand why, when this room had obviously been available, we had been allocated such a poor room initially.
The plumbing made a terrible noise but the room was reasonably comfortable and we enjoyed the remainder of our stay (4 nights) although we found we were unable to get any refreshments (eg morning coffee)
Breakfast was good and service met our requirements
I make my recommendation with a caveat - make sure you stipulate that you require a refurbished room, prior to booking

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Hornchurch Essex.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2010

My wife and I together with about 74 friends attended this 'hotel' for a special function weekend, staying Friday & Saturday. The converted chapel in which the function was held is absolutely fantastic, beautiful. The grounds are large and very well maintained, they must look wonderful in the summer. Our party had about 37 rooms all of which were fine apart from one which was filthy, an absolute disgrace. One of our party (the organiser) requested ajoining rooms for he brought his children, but the 'hotel' was unable to provide this. This 'hotel' is very very large and I must have worn out two pairs of shoes going back & forth to my room. Unfortunately there was no room service and no large folder in each room listing the hotel facilities or local attractions. Dinner was served in two buffet style sittings, although the standard was very good there was never enough of the main course, veg' or potatos. Thus guests were obliged to stand with part of the meal 'getting cold' waiting for the missing articles to be delivered to the buffet. Also, the wine at the table was very expensive for this calibre hotel. The breakfast was very good, but then again guests had to wait for items such as eggs etc whilst their food was getting cold. All in all the stall were very helpful but often unable to understand our requests. On asking, I was informed that the Beaumont House Hotel had no star rating but hopes to achieve four star. Although many of the public rooms are beautiful this is establishment is more a conference centre than a hotel. After saying all this, I would stay again, but on a 'B & B basis for the location is great and there are plenty of places to eat & drink in Windsor which is easily reached by bus to save looking for parking.

• Stayed November 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bradford uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Arrived at 8.30am for a company conference. The Hotel itself was nice and pretty from the outside as you drive up to the grand entrance, to then struggle for over 15 minutes to find a parking spot. They can take up to 550 guests apparently but have parking for about 120 cars...... not good. Ended up parking my car about 1/4mile away at the back of the estate on the end of a curb (and that was a struggle too).

Reception is very pretty and very clean and the venue room was very big, and well presented (although 95% of this was done by the company and 3rd party contractors). The chairs in the venue if you have to sit on them for any length of time are quite hard, therefore your bum starts to go to sleep and means everyone starts to fidget around after an hour or so. At 12.30, lunch tasted pretty good, although I was lucky managed to get in pretty early and therefore my food was hot and fresh. The restaurant is slightly smaller than I would have expected for hotel of this size, and therefore 365 hungry people queueing up for food gets a little loud and uncomfortable for all concerned.....

At about 5.35pm the conference ended and as you would expect there was somewhat of a rush for the room keys (they wouldn't allow people to book in during the afternoon because the rooms weren't ready for some reason). There was 365 people and 4, yes 4 people booking them in ..... I was VERY lucky and managed to get my key within 10 minutes of hitting the front of the line. Got my bags and asked where my room was, they handed out a very confusing 3D map with lots of the same room numbers on but in different wings of the huge hotel. After I asked where MY room 56 was I was told on the map, and I set off. I arrived at my room 3 floors up to find the door locks had no power to them. I tried for a few minutes and other people had the same issue. Went back to reception to report the problem. "We can get maintenance to take a look" 15 minutes later the doors suddenly powered up. Key didn't work, back to reception 3 floors down amidst all the bustling people trying to hurry to their rooms to get ready for the evening awards meal due to start 45 minutes later....

Reception swiped my card and told me I wasn't staying in "old school 56", but in normal 56, so after wasting 40 minutes on the wrong room I was pointed in the direction of the correct room. Lugged by bags up the long corridor to the top of the east block where I then found everything to be shut off. I stopped a staff member and asked him where the east rooms were, he hardly spoke a word of English and kept trying to point me to "old school" upstairs and eventually I just got so tired of trying to explain it wasn't that room I just walked away. Eventually I walked right to the top of the hotels premises through about 5 long walkways to an external new modern building. 55 minutes to find my room yay! Room was well presented and very pretty, décor was very traditional and I liked it. Free internet access (limited to 256kb so VERY slow unless you want to upgrade and pay a bit more). OK for checking email though.

Rushed to get ready for the black tie evening ceremony, and managed to just get ready in time..... rushed back down to the main building to find the reception area half empty. Apparently it took more than an hour to get everyone through the booking in process, therefore a lot of people were still half ready (hahaha or still struggling to find their correct rooms!).

Evening meal was 7/10, serving staff very disorganised and again not 1 person spoke English when asked for basic things..... Bar was stupidly expensive and a Pint of Nastro was £4.12, although it was a very nice pint. I asked at reception on my way to bed what time breakfast was served and was a staff member checked and made sure it was 7-10am as they expected a few people to be worse for wear! It turned out the bed wasn't a double and was two singles pushed together, not really bothered about it, except 1 of the beds was about 1/2 inch higher than the other so felt a little strange. I did however have a pretty good nights sleep.

I turned up at the restaurant at 9.35 to find everything empty..... a few people were finishing off their breakfasts and there was a few bits of food on the hot plates. I asked a staff member where breakfast was and guess what? they didn't speak a word of English and just stood there looking at me awkwardly unable to answer. I spotted another member of staff so went to ask them, again no English and no answers. I went to the entrance to the Restaurant and asked the staff member who was hovering around, they completely ignored my question and just walked off into a staff only door..... I popped my head through and a English member of staff appeared and finally told me that they had stopped serving at 9am. At this point there was a few more people behind me also expecting to get breakfast before 10am.

Went back to reception to be rudely told that they never serve breakfast after 9am and clearly I got it wrong. Well apparently so did the other 4 people behind me that were told the same thing....

In conclusion they need far more car parking spaces and the Hotel is nice to look at, but the staff are simply appalling. I cant use any other words for it and as such I just cant in any good conscience recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
10 Thank simoncchapman
Boston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

stayed 2 nights amazing looking main house, great situation and surrounding area but the rooms are just OK. The food was also just OK, staff are very good and helpful.
The sad thing is the rooms and food would not need many changes to make the hotel fantastic

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!