I was really disappointed by this hotel. The website made it look so beautiful and so my expectations were high. Upon arriving and going to reception to check-in, the guests in front of us were checked-in, then the desk staff just wondered off for a few minutes, leaving myself and a queue of other people waiting to check-in just standing there. Once the staff returned, we checked-in and were directed to our room, which was what seemed like miles from the reception. When I walked into our room my only feeling was disappointment. They obviously only show all the nicer rooms on the website! The room was pokey, bland and out dated and certainly not what you'd expect from a £99/night, 4* hotel or from looking at their website. The bathroom was much the same and the shower only gave us scorching or freezing water, from a shower head that was so small and probably not sold since the 70's.
The next morning between 7am-8am, the cleaner was banging around and singing loudly outside our door. Not impressed!
I booked this hotel as accommodation for my work colleagues and I for our christmas party. Everybody said how lovely it looked on the website but once there, a lot of people said how grotty their rooms were. A couple of people even said they had stayed in better travel lodges! On the plus side, a couple of my colleagues were lucky enough to have been given decent rooms, which I believe were in Block A. Anything in the other blocks seemed to be a disappointment to everyone unlucky enough to be in them. I guess it's luck of the draw!
I didn't go for breakfast but the comments from my colleagues who did are that this was also disappointing. Bacon dried up, sausages going wrinkly, baked beans with skin on the top, all from having sat there for far too long.
The biggest insult was that as a group we booked just over 30 rooms and the hotel flattly refused to give us any upgrades or complimentary rooms!! Had I not had to change our christmas party at the last minute, I would have definitely told the hotel staff where to go and gone elsewhere, purely from their attitude at this point in the booking. Unfortunately it was the only hotel in the area with those number of rooms available at such short notice!
I was so embarrassed that I had booked this hotel for my colleagues and would not recommend it to anybody, particularly for important events!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire