“One to re-visit.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rotherwick
Kent
“One to re-visit.”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Whow what a great treat to visit Tyney Hall, it was the most courtious and personal hotel I have had the pleasure to visit, the staff were amazing, I had requested a ground floor room because I had walking difficulties, which was provided, but the Hotel is so big it would have caused a problem trying to walk. no problem the staff arranged to pick us up in a golf buggy and transfered us all the time from our bedroom, which floor area was greater than the 1st floor of my house.The manager Mark was very hands on and aware of everything around , brilliant, as it should be. I hope by the time I return he will have made his 1st 147. once again it was a most enjoyable stay and I am looking forward to a return visit soon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hendersong2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed 20 December 2012

For many years we have enjoyed attending a Christmas Party at Tylney Hall. But each year we seem to rush down to Rotherwick, meet up with friends, then dress for the event. In the morning we enjoy an excellent breakfast, then rush off somewhere again. But this year, we decided to drive down on the Friday evening and spend some time on the Saturday enjoying Tylney Hall and much of what it has to offer, before the Christmas Party on the Saturday night. We also decided to tarry a while on the Sunday morning.
We are glad that we did. For us this place has always set the standard - every nice hotel in which we stay is either "Not up to the standard of", or "better than" Tylney Hall - very unusually the latter, it has to be said!
We have always stayed in the Annexe, never the main house, so cannot comment on this. The rooms are quaintly dated, and I would guess individually laid out and decorated, as no two ever seem to be the same! The bedrooms are more spaceous than the average more modern hotel, and the beds always comfortable. Bathrooms, with their complementary toiletries and fluffy towels are to a high standard and very clean - in fact the whole place is stunningly clean and well kept. Complimentary beverages are provided in the rooms, even some decent biscuits as well!
The Gymnasium is adequate, but never busy. The indoor swimming pool is a lovely size, and has a jacuzzi. I have never seen the outdoor pool in use - but then why would it be in December?! There are acres of beautifully manicured grounds to explore, including numerous ponds and a haha/air-raid shelter/tunnel to discover.
The food is magnificant, no other words to describe it! And the service is good, too. They must hava a massive wine cellar somewhere, stocked with a carefully-chosen selection of some of the best I have tasted.
One downside event that spoiled the experience just a little, we were unable to have coffee on the Sunday morning because an exceptionally large party had arrived, and had to wait outside in the cold until space became available. We would have been better rushing off in our more traditional fashion and grabbing something en route!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JAGBrown
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I don't normally write reviews on hotels, but felt that such a place should be recognised!

We stayed on a Monday night and cannot fault this hotel. We were upgraded to an executive suite and made to feel so welcome. Some could consider the rooms slightly dated but the furniture was antique and felt quality rather than cheap and modern. Complimentary Molton Brown products was an added bonus. We even had a welcome card and chocolates on arrival. The staff were attentive and yet not pretentious and the general ambience was wonderful. The grounds are vast and despite the freezing weather we enjoyed exploring before returning to the open fires to warm up. Fantastic billiard room and cosy indoor pool too.
The food at the restaurant in the evening was delicious with great service. Particularly enjoyed the piano music and canapés. Breakfast was also delicious and beautifully presented with the wonderful staff again.
Tylney Hall is blessed with a stunning building and grounds and I can genuinely say this is the best stay I've ever had in a hotel. I am looking forward to going back in the summer to test out the outdoor pool!

Highly recommended if you like quality service, peace and quiet and some pampering or a game of golf or walks in a stunning location.

2 Thank Taxi4one
Scotland
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed here as a last minute choice, after desperately trying to find accomodation around Basingstoke for a work meeting and I found a good deal online. First impressions - WOW

I arrived from the airport at night and the front of the hotel was very impressive - beautiful country mansion with Christmas tree outside. As soon as you walk inside you are immersed in the amazing interior of the building - very impressive almost feels like a National Trust property.

The room I had was great - extremely large, period featured however with all mod cons. It can be slightly cold as the rooms have period windows.

The lounge is great with a welcoming log fires. I just ate in here and the menu was fine and quite tasty. However breakfast was fantastic - all you could want.

The location was great, but I didn't have time to explore the grounds. There is also a golf course.

I would definitely stay here again if I have the opportunity to!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank clairedScotland
Farnham
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

What a fantastic evening in such a wonderful hotel,perfect for that special occasion.I treated my wife to a night away for our 4th Wedding Anniversary.From the monent we arrived and a porter rushed out to help with baggage to the moment the concierge opened the door and said good bye we enjoyed a faultless stay.
The executive room was enormous with a jacuzzi bath and separate toilet, the bathroom alone was bigger than many hotel bedrooms I know.
The bedroom enjoyed free wi Fi and an amazing coffee machine.
You can always tell a quality hotel by the bathroom shower gels snd this had my favourite Molton Brown.
The longed are simply amazing and you would think that you were in a stately home.
Served with pre dinner drinks were both hot and cold canapés , which was a nice surprise ,dinner was a five course affair including an amuse bouche,the kitchen team even went that little bit further by writing Happy Anniversary on my wife's dessert plate.
Following a good nights sleep we enjoyed a fantastic buffet breakfast,lots of fresh fruits,excellent juices and fantastic bacon,sausages and match more.
The grounds were fantastic but it started to rain so we could not enjoy.
Unfortunately it was a work day and we had to come back to reality and leave for work.
This is a well run hotel with excellent friendly staff and superb facilities.

1 Thank Adriano S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Just returned from a lively stay at tlyney hall, log fires roaring, beautiful grounds, attentive service and a teddy for our daughter.

We relaxed with Pre dinner drinks and canapes in the lounge, while our daughter played with the complimentry puzzles and colouring book, making our stay almost as good as PM (pre Molly)!

Then an amazing dinner in the very festive oak room where the wine list was to die for....

1 Thank nicki r
England
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed one night (Nov 2012) whilst on business. Service was exceptional from start to finish. Partner took opportunity of spa treatments during the afternoon (which she thoroughly enjoyed) and we both ate in the Oak Room restaurant in the evening. Were upgraded from Deluxe room to Junior Suite at no extra charge (and without asking) - room was simply stunning. Attention to detail from the staff was second to none. Meal in restaurant was superb - again service was impeccable. A beautiful hotel set in stunning surroundings really makes the whole experience feel special. Would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: We were upgraded without asking. Junior suites are stunning.