“Be very careful with your card details” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cherry Lodge Guest House

Cherry Lodge Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rotherwick
Cherry Lodge Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Rotherwick B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Be very careful with your card details”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

I had stayed at this guest house a number of times. On checking my bank statement I have found that some 10 days after I left they put through additional charges on my debit card. On following up I was told it was because I had lost my room key!!

They were rude and agressive when I explained that I simply had not taken the key and refused to refund the amount, further claims that they had tried to call me everyday were completely untrue.

Be careful with the details you leave there, pay in cash!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank njb80

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

I'm a contractor working locally in Hook and booked Cherry lodge as the cheaper of the alternatives on offer. Its not the Ritz, but when I'm paying the bill, its fine. The bed is comfy, its quiet, the people are friendly and I can work using free Wi-Fi in the evenings. I've been there a few weeks Mon-Fri, and you know what, its still fine.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chubster028
East Sussex, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

I booked myself in for 6 nights as I was attending a course nearby. I arrived late on the first night and was greeted less than enthusiastically although I had advised them of my late arrival.

Where do I begin - the room and bed were damp. The shower was alive with mould, the towel and bath mat were filthy, one of the bed side lamps was falling to pieces, I couldn't get to the dressing table as the bed was against it, the duvet was both musty and smokey, there was a massive spider's web between the hair dryer and the shelf - when was this place last cleaned!!

After requesting clean towels in the morning which the owner appeared to have difficulty in finding, I was delayed getting down for breakfast and was then rudely asked to leave and was not given breakfast. I did ask for reimbursement of all 6 nights which I had paid in advance and was given back 5!

Needless to say, I would not recommend this dump of a place to anyone and wonder why these people are in the business of running a B&B.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
5 Thank Whitedoveflyinghorse

Travellers are raving about these Rotherwick hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2007

I stayed here due to lack of options for my price range! The business
parks around the area mean there is a constant flow of consultants and contractors so the local hotels and B&B's charge a lot knowing the business's pay. Unfortunately, I was paying my own way. The hostess is very friendly - Katherine. Breakfast has lots of options including a cooked breakfast. The beds are comfy enough and the rooms
are clean. There is wireless internet if you have your own laptop. Now, on the other hand...

The room was really small, so you can barely walk around the bed. You
couldn't even open the cupboard door for your clothes. The bathroom is more or less part of the room and is carpeted! The bath suite was really old and was really a bath with the shower bits thrown in, wasn't very comfy having a shower. The room was advertised as satellite tv - NOT! The family is in control of the one channel that is satellite so it depends on what they're watching in the tv room. No signals for mobile phone, and you can't receive calls on the phone
in the room. They did warn me that making calls from the room would be really expensive so they don't recommend it. Whats the use of the room phone then!? You are not allowed to eat in your room - fair enough. But the dining room is used by the family as well, so its really uncomfortable to bring your take away in there and eat and it is locked after about 9pm. The tv room is also the family room, so you can't really lounge about. They charge £1 per dvd per night if you want to take it to your room!

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kruster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherwick
Raven Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rotherwick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,231 reviews
Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
No photo provided

Been to Cherry Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!