“Beyond excrllent and gluten free!!”
Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Swanmore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

First visit after the opening of the new management and I have to say, even more brilliant than before! An extensive gluten free menu.......as in most of what’s on the menu. Great staff who can’t do enough to help and ENORMOUS portions that are beautifully cooked. Real value for money and delicious, I could not tecommend more ❤️❤️❤️

Simon W, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Really happy you enjoyed your visit, thanks for the review... hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Had a birthday meal with ten people, food was excellent as usual, good selection of ales and friendly staff. will be back again.

1  Thank comdis99

Great review thanks a lot! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

First time we have visited this pub on arrival was seated to our table by a friendly waitress. The pub was nicely decorated and staff were friendly and welcoming . My husband mentioned he needed a gluten free meal and the waitress went through food that was available including items from the specials board . I ordered a hamburger with cheese 50 p extra bit annoying as I feel this should be included in price anyway my husband ordered ham egg & chips. Food came out fairly quickly the burger was good size and the chips were nice and chunky very appealing, now just a couple of issues with my meal firstly having ordered burgers in other pubs in past, burger always comes accompanied with a pot of coleslaw or side salad I felt paying £12 this should have been included not just chips and burger, secondly despite the chips looking appealing unfortunately the oil they had been cooked in was not a nice taste the oil definitely had not been changed for some time real shame as it spoilt the chips flavour, my husbands chips also tasted the same,apart from that food was good. Moving onto pudding great choice for gluten free little bit pricey, I had chocolate sponge & custard was very nice my husband ordered lemon roulade only dissappointment was the cream was not my
fresh for the price paid should be fresh cream. In all pub was welcoming and nice place to relax will visit again.

Simon W, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thanks for you review, I’m glad most of your visit was pleasing and we will look into your suggestions.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My husband and I have now been to the Rising Sun several times since it reopened under new management.
I require a Gluten Free food and this really wasn't an issue here. I had lots of choice (which is unusual as I often have very little choice or my plate appears with half the food my husband has) and the fish and chips were hot and delicious. On another occasion I even had a cheesecake for pudding. It has been many years since I have had a cheese cake, except when I make my own, and that again was good.
Well done to everyone at theThe Rising Sun...I wish you well and will see you soon.

1  Thank Julie59ja

Thanks Julie, glad you are enjoying your visits! Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to book a table for my Gran’s birthday meal as we knew they were under new management and had heard lots of good things, we were not disappointed!
We were seated in the ‘old stables’ and as there were a lot of us, 11 altogether, it was the perfect location. We all enjoyed starters, mains and were even tempted by desserts! The food was absolutely delicious, I shared the garlic prawns with my sister and was annoyed that I hadn’t ordered it just for myself, the sauce was divine and we asked for a spoon to finish it off!! My husband really enjoyed his steak with pepper sauce.
We had three children with us and they were excited by the choices and the portion sizes were prefect for them, the ice-cream, included in the meal price, was a winner all round!
Service was great, and nothing was too much for them, they were happy to store Granny’s birthday cake in the fridge for us.
Will definitely be back! Thank you Rising Sun team!

1  Thank zilhogan
Simon W, Owner at The Rising Sun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

So happy you had a good time and hopefully we put a smile on granny’s face too. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Thanks for the review .