“Good, but could do better!”
Review of The Hunters Inn

The Hunters Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Swanmore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited for lunch mid-week in July (17/7/14). I can confirm there is plenty of choice and the food is served hot - however I do not agree with others: tasty, good service, good value. I chose crab salad which was tasteless - which bizarrely only included the white meat. My brother had the vegetarian goats cheese & spinach - which was tasty but quite small in serving compared to my salad. The waitress who served us was clearly enjoying her conversation with a friend /colleague (difficult to tell as no uniform /name badge to distinguish who was staff)and rushed back to continue her chat. I did read the menu about bringing faults tot he attention of staff - but who wants to do that when all they want is a quick lunch en-route to destination?

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our second visit to The Hunters and we were not disappointed. Good menu, plenty of choice. The food was hot, plentiful and good value. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have eaten here many times and the food has always been excellent. It does get busy at certain times but there's always a good atmosphere. We had the lamb platter for two which was fabulous and cooked to perfection. Staff are friendly and give good service- looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Only been here once before but thought we would try it again. Quite a few cars in the car park so thought it would be busy inside but lots of space so plenty of seats to choose from. Friendly greeting on arrival. Lots of choice on the menu. A small queue on ordering at the bar but several staff appeared and dealt with us quickly. All day breakfast was very hot and obviously very freshly cooked and the lasagne was also the same. Tasty food in large quantities. Served with a smile and a chat. Checked that all was OK. Overheard others being served - all done with a friendly smile and quick conversation. Would definitely go again but judging by the size of the car park, not on a weekend perhaps.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I visited the hunters with friends and I found the manager/owner not sure which he was a little rude he made us feel like we were more of an inconvenience rather than 10 paying customers ! And I don't think he has much patience for pushchairs either..food was ok but I dont believe they should charge quite as much as they do because ive paid the same in other establishments for much better quality..I wont be rushing back.

1  Thank jed7715