“Beautiful”

Bartley Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cadnam
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel very surprised. Considering how close this is to the main route in to Lyndhurst and how busy this stretch can be, Bartley Lodge could not be more peaceful or beautiful.

The hotel was picturesque and clean, as are the rooms. The staff are very accommodating and friendly.

There only one area that could do with improvement, and that was the vegetarian options on the hotel menu. However, this turns to another positive for the hotel in terms of location. This is a mere stones throw to the White Hart which offered plenty of vegetarian menus.

A beautiful, peaceful, relaxing weekend. We are looking forward to another stay soon.

1  Thank leetee80
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Leetee80

Thank you for taking the time to review Bartley Lodge after your recent stay.

I was pleased to read your comments on the hotel and location of the property. Thank you for the feedback on the vegetarian menu I will certainly look into having more options available for the future.

Regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Room had cobwebs on the ceilings and some hairs in the bathroom eek! Room was small and pokey with very little hanging space for clothes. There was a light well which is cool but it's difficult to sleep when it's lit up like the lights are on at 5am in the morning!! The hotel claims to be on a big estate but around the hotel is grubby and there is very little actual area for you to explore unless you like climbing fences. Breakfast on the 1st morning was good but on our 2nd morning we were served scrambled eggs with grey lumps and cooked salmon mixed it, it was inedible! Feels like a nice hotel that has really let itself go and I didn't feel like I got value for money. Very disappointed.

1  Thank ChristophMich
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to monitor our service, and I will be investigating your comments further with the general manager. There are covers provided in the bedrooms with skylights to ensure a good nights sleep. I am sorry that you were not informed about them. I will ensure that guests are notified of this at check in. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one evening and the hotel is beautiful. The grounds, the facilities, the bedroom, the food, all stunning. What lets this place down in little things. Broken toilet seat in room. Rude manager with tablet, who didn't even make eye contact at breakfast and then walked out of kitchen with a sausage in his hand. Bar ran out of certain drinks throughout the evening. Might be worth putting a coat of paint on kitchen door in breakfast room as the black scuff marks don't really go with the grand decor of the rest of the room. With all that said, we would stay here again as we had a nice time.

1  Thank InfinityRising

Dear Infinity Rising

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your thoughts after your recent at Bartley Lodge, I was very disappointed to read some of your feedback and have dealt with all the issues raised as a matter urgency.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Bartley Lodge is a beautiful building in a wonderful location. The young general members of staff, receptionist who doubles up as waitress; and waiting staff are generally enthusiastic and helpful and they do their best; the housekeeping staff are very pleasant and keep rooms pretty up together. They are though let down by the inconsistent quality of the food prepared by the chef/s. Saturday breakfast was really well cooked and nicely presented, with very good ingredients and attention to detail and it tasted lovely. Sunday breakfast was inferior, sloppily presented and just did not taste good at all. I cannot comment on Friday and saturday's evening meals because as fairly frequent visitors who have on the last few occasions been so very disappointed with the quality and taste of the dinners decided to eat out this time. I would really love to see this hotel get back to where it was 8-9 years ago when the service was tip top, and the food was really nice every time we visited and the staffing levels allowed for excellent service. I find it very odd to have sauces presented at table in drinking glasses and milk provided in an assortment of sizes and styles, what happened to the matching place settings of old i wonder?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Bartley Lodge Hotel and for your comments regarding the presentation and quality of the food. I will be discussing these issues with the general manager and head chef to ensure they are resolved. I do hope you will return for a visit in the future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I rang up last minute to book a room for the following day. The girl I spoke to told me details of every room type. When I explained I wanted to make it special she took on my every comment, she recommended a crown room and even said she could arrange flowers. When we arrived at the charming hidden away hotel, we were greeted by a lovely young girl. When we got to our room there was a delightful four poster bed in a tasteful decorated room just what was described. On the dresser was a stunning bouquet flowers, with the colours I had asked for. I had also booked dinner which was lovely, the presentation of each dish was remarkable with a mixture of mouth watering flavours. Over all a pleasant experience, the hotel was wonderful. The staff were all very good, in particular the reception girls they were a delight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lillianne J
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Lillianne J

Thank you for taking the time to review Bartley Lodge after your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your special occasion and that the reception helped paint a picture for you of what your visit would be like. Thank you also for your feedback on your dinning experience at the hotel I will make sure that the kitchen team see you review.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just back from a lovely weekend at Bartley lodge, my husband and I were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and decided to treat ourselves and what a treat it was! We were very well looked after by the staff from the manager (lovely Tom) to the domestic staff, all had smiles the whole weekend even tho they were extremely busy hosting a wedding! We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast deal and the food was fantastic, will DEFINATELY be returning in the not too distant future, even had a swim while we were there in the lovely warm pool. We stayed in room 47 where the bed was by far more comfortable than any I have slept in for a long time, can't wait to return, thanks to all at Bartley lodge

1  Thank maria16green
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Maria16green

Thank you for taking the time to review Bartley Lodge hotel after your recent stay to celebrate your 33rd wedding anniversary. I was pleased to read what a fantastic time you had and will certainly pass on your comments to Tom and the team.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Staff were really helpful in what was an unusual situation for them. Excellent food and service. Nothing was too much trouble. Rooms very clean and comfortable. My only negative comment would be to warn about the sloping entry to the pool being a hazard and in the sauna sitting dangerously near to the heater. Pool itself was small but good.

Overall an excellent experience for what was important to us all delivered by a very hard working and helpful staff. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Bonz69

Thank you for taking the time to review Bartley Lodge after your recent group stay. I will pass on your comments to the team about your stay and also get our maintenance team to look into the swimming pool concerns mentioned.

We hope to see you all again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadnam
Beaulieu Hotel
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley

Been to Bartley Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!