“Excellent”

Bartley Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cadnam
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff were so nices and so helpful, we injoy our stay and will be comeing bk agin . Thank you for the staff looking after us and makeing our stay so lovely, excellent . Thank you for makeing my daughter feel safe and she loves the pool and the lovely garden.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Bartley Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This has the potential to be a great hotel. The building and setting is lovely, and very convenient for M27. However, it lacked the edge I expect for somewhere like this. Nothing major but small things like: receptionists on auto pilot and lacking personal touch; bar menu uninspiring and expensive (as a result walked though grounds to very good local pub - much better menu and cheaper); dirty food trays left in hallway for 11+ hours; breakfast not available before 7.30; loud, very intrusive music in all public areas (not fitting with type of hotel); etc. All easily fixed - though may need change at top. Even though I got a good deal on room (in itself says a lot at height of summer), I won't be rushing to return.

Room Tip: NB. Hotel ratings will only show '1' - much higher around 4.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank St39
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback which will be forwarded to the general manager for action and further staff training.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have recently returned from a stay at the Bartley Lodge Hotel and I am amazed to read the poor reviews!

We booked this hotel specifically for the Peppa Pig World 2 day stay deal and was very pleased with how close it was to Paultons Park.

When we arrived at the hotel we were quite worried if it would be child friendly enough as looked too nice! but the hotel were friendly with the children, there is a swimming pool downstairs which is quite tiny and unfortunately we ran out of time to use but our room was very nearby. We were overlooking the car park (cant remember the number) but we didnt hear any noise at all during our stay and for our 2 boys they had bunk beds in our room which they loved.

Breakfast was nicely laid out and had choice of cereal and menu but have had better breakfasts elsewhere but then have had worse one elsewhere too!!

We had a lovely time during out stay albeit it was only the one night, but if you visiting Paultons Park then its a 5 minute drive approximately from there.

Room Tip: we had a good family room overlooking car park didnt hear any noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bakers46
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely setting, pool great unfortunately we ended up in dingiest room ever room 7. I am sure some of the rooms look like pics advertised but not reflective of room allocated so this was massive disappointment. Could be outstanding done up with location Did not try dinner as went out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We offer 4 different category rooms in our hotels, which allows our guests to upgrade if they wish. Room 7 is a Keeper Room, so next time you book if you request an Agister Room this may be more suitable to your needs. I am pleased you enjoyed the pool and the setting of the hotel and hope you will return for another visit in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been coming here for a number of years and have always rated it. We still do but there are some things that disappointed this time. The lack of staff meant empty plates particularly at breakfast stayed on the table.

Although the cleaner service was good you expect milk in room to be replenished.

The drink prices were bordering on ridiculous. A glass of brandy £11.80 !!! This is a joke how do you get away with that is beyond me

While checking out there was a problem with our bill which the lovely man on reception (Tom i think ) was dealing with, there was another guest behind us waiting to do the same, all of a sudden a staff member who I assume was the manager came up and said to the reception guy print off this guest's bill so he can pay!! No excuse me or nothing. Totally rude and no sorry/excuse me or anything. I take it guests in suits take preference over guests in casual wear!! This was appalling and as we left we got a goodbye safe journey from Tom the manager couldn't even say goodbye.

Bartley Lodge I used to say to people you must visit this hotel its superb, now I will say food is great rest of it OK.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2014VA

Thank you for your review. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to monitor and improve our service, and I will ensure your comments are forwarded to the general manager for him to investigate further. The brandy you selected was a Hennessy XO which is the top of the range brandy we serve. I am sorry to read of the poor service you received at check out and can assure you this is not our usual level of service, as you are aware from previous visits. I do hope you will return for another visit in the future so that we can renew your faith in New Forest Hotels.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed last month at the Bartley Lodge Hotel, with high expectations but was very disappointed. The restaurant food was uninspiring and poor - certainly not worth the expensive prices. The ‘alternative’ Bar Meals menu turned out to be the same food just served in the bar or outside. Do not stay in room 49 when the weather is very hot and the days are long. With the windows open to cool down I could hear the nearby motorway ALL night and from around 3am it was like someone had turned a spotlight on, with the sun shining through the skylight. I also heard cars on the gravel drive coming and going late at night and then again very early in the morning. On the last day of my stay my key failed to open the door and I had to return to reception 3 times for them to reset the card. Not once was an apology made. The only good thing about my stay was that I was paying a special price – I felt sorry for anyone paying the full price.

Room Tip: Avoid room 49 unless you were a mask and earplugs all night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BWVisitor

I am sorry to read of your disappointing stay at the Bartley Lodge Hotel. This is not our usual level of service and the general manager is aware of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I were planning a couple of days away and were hoping to use our Tesco Vouchers. Alas, this didn't seem to work but on trawling through we discovered the New Forest Hotel chain. My husband was thrilled to discover they were doing a special 50% off offer for June. We decided to give it a go. We booked to stay for two nights. On arrival on our first evening we were signed in and we went to our room. Very pleasant room. Nice size and comfortable bed. Overlooking the car park but as we had a deal on the price could not complain. The only problem was it was sooooo hot. We opened both the windows wide and that was how they stayed for the duration of a our stay! We had been out for afternoon tea so only required a snack for supper. It was very hard to find someone to serve us at the bar. We realised that the Receptionist was doubling up as bar person. We waited sometime for our drinks. We did enjoy sitting on the lovely patio though. A beautiful summers evening! Lovely modern furniture but there did seem to be a shortage of cushions. We moved some around so that we could sit where we wanted. Eventually our drinks turned up. We then decided that we would have something to eat. We ordered a cheese platter to share as we were not very hungry. This order was put with the Receptionist as again no one at the bar! We decided to move inside as it was getting a little chilly outside. On entering the room between reception and the dining room it was evident that people had eaten but nothing had been cleared away! We found a free table and sat down. It took some time for the cheese arrive. When it did we were shocked at how little there was of it. We ate and then retired to our room. Unfortunately, this hotel is quite close to the M/A27. You could hear the drone of traffic all night but could not close the windows as too hot. The following morning we were woken at 6 by cars driving out of the car park - shingle!! Breakfast was interesting. A lovely room but again where were the staff? It took a while to be shown to our table. There was a queue of about 8 people by the time a member of staff turned up. That was only after my husband had been to see the receptionist and another guest had knocked on the kitchen door! The food was good when we got it. It was very noisy as lots of children crying. We ate out that night so not sure how things were in the restaurant that evening. The last morning of our stay was a different situation. The staff were attentive and we took breakfast in the garden. I wonder if the complaint from a guest we heard the night before had anything to do with that????? A nice hotel but could really do with Air Con and maybe a few more staff. We were happy with the price we paid on the deal but had we been paying full price I think we would have been complaining!!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay at the Bartley Lodge Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to monitor and improve our services. The general manager is aware of your comments and will be investigating and implementing further staff training where required.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadnam
Forest Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burley
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley

Been to Bartley Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!