1,028 results
All reviewslovely hotelswimming poolafternoon teanew forestshort breakred lettercakeslovely settingpeppa pig worldevening mealrelaxing staybeautiful groundswedding venuethe general managerwedding guestswedding breakfastrestaurant staff
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

My sister had her wedding at Bartley Lodge and it was a beautiful venue. The staff were very accomodating and polite, the grounds were perfect for a sunny wedding setting and we had a fantastic stay. It's also in a great location in the New Forest with Lyndhurst a short drive away and Burley about a 20mins drive away.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Tom P, Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear Angela_Macca

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is delightful to read that everyone had such a wonderful day. The hotel in the beautiful grounds and easy access location, lends itself to creating a mystical magical wedding venue. I am pleased you were able to experience this.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and are very accommodating and polite, They all work together to help create treasured happy memories for all our guests who enter. As your sister looks back over her happy memories of her special day, she can rest assured as can the rest of the wedding party, that it was our absolute pleasure as a team to make the day everything she dreamed and more.

I hope to welcome you back in the future where the team will be on hand to greet you.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

Great venue, brill location great value, shortage of staff on occasions.
would highly recommend a visit no room service charge which i think is fantastic.
No complaints, even staff shortage is copeable.

Room Tip: New extension fab
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Tom P, Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

Dear Gareth M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us. I am pleased we were able to create a lasting impression and meet your expectation on many levels, Areas of concern you mention have been addressed and reviewed moving forward.

Overall a good review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights with another family in May 2015 to use the hotel as a base for a trip to Peppa Pig World.

The hotel describes its self as family friendly and has made a real effort to provide for families, with bulk beds and cots. The family rooms where however very small.

The hotel is also a popular wedding venue and they had a wedding on every day we stayed, we therefore felt we had to keep the children quiet and away from large parts of the hotel. We felt bad for having our kids there even though its billed as a family hotel.

The hotel its self is a bit tried and could do with some money being spent on the rooms and the pool area.

Service on both nights was terrible as the staff were busy with the weddings. One dinner started at 6:30pm and finished at gone 11pm. We had 2 and 3 year old children with us and they were very tired and hungry by then!

I feel the hotel needs to decide fit it is a high end wedding venue or a Poultons Park stop over hotel, it could to either very well but not both.

The staff, although over stretched were always polite and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Dear FrazerV

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to us. The hotel is an ideal base for those visiting Peppa Pig and other local attractions and it was a pleasure to welcome you. However I am disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations in a few areas.

Weddings should never detract from residential guests comfort and enjoyment of this old hunting lodge. I apologise that you felt this was the case and that the children could not be themselves and had to be quiet, We encourage children to visit as families come to enjoy the hotel and surroundings with positive feedback often the case. With this and other points you raise I take on wholeheartedly your comments as I take all feedback seriously as I take the business forward and look to innovate as a whole.

Additionally I have already looked at the service points of concern you raise. These have been addressed moving forward and I assure you that the points you raise are an isolated case that do not represent Bartley Lodge in its truest form.

Overall a review with a lot of food for thought that have and will continually be addressed to ensure service of maximum efficiency and quality is present consistently.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Not a long review writer but had to mention the staff at this hotel were absolutely delightful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them. The other outstanding point was the swimming pool was amazing in terms of design and overall changing facilities.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Tom P, Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2015

Dear Amit A

Thank you for taking the time to review so wonderfully your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Bartley Lodge. I thank you for the praise you lavish on the staff. They are a wonderful team who work well together and I am lucky to have them. They always strive to exceed guest expectation in all they do. As I stated in previous responses nothing will ever be too much trouble for them.

The swimming pool offers a wonderful space to relax and unwind in. I am pleased you were able to take advantage of this on your visit to us and added to your overall experience.

Overall a great review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 25 May 2015

The staff at Bartley Lodge made our wedding day a great success. Our guests commented on the helpful staff, the high quality and presentation of the food and the lovely picturesque setting. The hotel is easy to get to and gives good access to the Nw Forest.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Keith B

I was delighted to welcome you to the Bartley Lodge and thank you for taking the time to review so wonderfully your special day. The positive feedback will be fed back to my team by myself as it works as a beautiful point of motivation.

I am pleased that you were looked after so wonderfully by the staff here at the Bartley Lodge, Cadnam. They are a team that I am immensely proud of and nothing will ever be too much trouble for them. A strong guest focus will always be present and a strong eye for detail.

Overall a great review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.