1,051 results
All reviews lovely hotel swimming pool afternoon tea new forest short break red letter cakes lovely setting peppa pig world evening meal relaxing break beautiful grounds wedding venue the general manager wedding guests wedding breakfast restaurant staff
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Booked afternoon tea for two at a cost of £36.
How can 4 slices of bread cut into 8 finger size, 3 very small cakes each, 2 scones each with jam and cream to share, plus a mousse in a shot glass each plus tea (no different tea choice offered, we were given breakfast tea, which after we had to search for someone to get us a refill, wh cost £36? No menu choices given, no choices of sandwich filling given, no choice of brown or white bread given, I don't eat fish 2 of the finger sandwiches had a fish filling, when we asked for a top of of sandwiches was told it would cost £3 extra!! TOTAL RIP OFF!! Have you not made enough monies from our visit? We do afternoon tea quite often with friends and family at different hotels locally this was our first visit here, we always take home a doggy bag as unable to eat everything offered, no chance at Bartley Lodge hotel. Location lovely, food quality was very nice but value for for money was very POOR. Very disappointed in our visit and wish I'd booked another hotel for my friends birthday afternoon tea!!! If you want value for money then book afternoon tea elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book another hotel for afternoon tea!!
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Very conveniently located for both New Forest and coast. Lovely grounds and hotel.
Reception staff are excellent and can,t do enough to help. Restaurant is lovely especially if its warm enough to eat in the Conservatory. Service is sometimes a little slow in the restaurant, staff are excellent there just isn't enough of them. Some reviewers have complained that weddings interfered with their stay but it wasn't a problem for us. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Beverley1903
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The hotel is very clean, the food is exquisite, prepared with class. The staff were all so friendly and mannered. The rooms were spotless and refreshingly modern.
The pool was tidy in size. The garden is picturesque. We were well treated and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who would love to have a weekend break.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at all the hotels in this chain. As usual they did me proud and I had another perfect stay. I came with my dog for a quiet break I got just that. Service and food were fantastic, room comfortable and well presented, food was lush.
I will be back for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Spent a night in this beautiful New Forest Hotel owned by New Forest Hotels for the last 35 years. Surrounding are idyllic and stylish. The staff are so welcoming and friendly and seem to be genuinely happy in their work. Dinner and breakfast were second to none and the whole stay very reasonably priced. Definitely one visit I will be returning to with much pleasure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple