1,051 results
All reviews lovely hotel swimming pool afternoon tea new forest short break red letter cakes lovely setting peppa pig world evening meal relaxing break beautiful grounds wedding venue the general manager wedding guests wedding breakfast restaurant staff
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Had a short stay of 3 nights for my daughters birthday and had to be a dog friendly hotel.

I booked directly with the hotel and was offered a good deal.

Although some areas of décor were tired especially on the outside the general levels at the Hotel were good. We had glorious weather during our stay so we made the most of the gardens, especially for a pre-dinner drink every evening.

My wife and I had a double bedroom in the newer wing which was perfectly adequate. My daughter had a single room in the older building and to be honest it was a little cramped.

Because we had our dog we could not eat in the main restaurant but every morning and every evening a table was set for us in the lounge for both breakfast and dinner which suited us fine.

Both breakfast and dinner were very good.

The swimming pool was fine other than a little on the small side.

Although some of the staff perhaps lacked a little experience, they were always very helpful, very pleasant and very cheerful. They made our stay special.

All-in-all we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Superb historic building, friendly staff, clean room and good food. Fantastic to eat in the Orangery.

We had an accessible room as my Mum is disabled. It was well equipped and perfect for our stay.

Only gripe on the disabled front is that the only exit to the terrace was through the bar which luckily wasn't busy. Also I think the hotel would benefit from a path all the way around so I could wheel Mum around the whole building instead of having to go through it and over gravel to get to the grass.

Lots of places to visit locally and nice walks on the doorstep. FAB terrace but it would have been nice if all the brollies and cushions were on the chairs as it was baking hot and perfect weather to sit out. We asked for a parasol and the bar man sorted it so all good.

We will stay again as overall it was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

As a regular visitor over the last 8 years I feel justified in saying standards are starting to drop at Bartley Lodge. Some of the furniture, particularly on the patio, is looking bedraggled, along with the scruffy waiter whose shirt had not seen an iron for his knows how long.
Gone are the days it seems where the wedding guests can play croquet on the lawn..... instead we have a full blown football match. Come on Bartley lodge management where are you standards.

On the positive side the food was excellent.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight. Restaurant and food good and staff friendly. However no cushions on the outside garden furniture, no lounge chairs by the pool, no shower cap in the room, kettle in the room didn’t work, no TV remote control, and when they finally brought us one it didn’t work! I suppose all small issues, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Relaxing and comfortable country house hotel with the added bonus of a swimming pool. Our bedroom was big with a generously sized ensuite including a bath and lovely features such as sash windows and a fireplace. The hotel is in a beautiful setting with a pretty garden.