“Not bad, but not very good either”

Zaika Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not bad, but not very good either”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

On arrival, despite the manager noticing us, we had to wait for a few minutes to be seated. Bit slow to take drinks order. Food not bad, but also not very good either. Had onion bhaji to start - seemed very floury? Peshwari chicken and chicken madras for mains, both ok but the madras was ridiculously hot, hotter than Naga chicken curries I have had elsewhere which made it difficult to eat. Be careful when ordering this curry if you like hot curries but don't want your head blown off! All in all, just average really. Rivaaz in Lymington better.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Leon J

Milford on Sea, United Kingdom
“great for dining in but rubbish for takeaway”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Lovely food and friendly staff, but the last few times we have ordered to takeaway our meals have been a big disapointment. Meals who's meat missed the container, lots of lovely sauce but not really what you want in a meal. missed out items, on one occasion I have to walk back twice to fulfill our order and it was only a meal for 3!
In my opinion, go there for a meal you wont be disapointed but dont order a takeaway, cos you will.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank Mandy B
“Total convert to Indian food now!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I have only ever tried take-away Indian food, and this restaurant has made me a total convert! So helpful in suggesting dishes I might like, I chose the Lamb Salli (I think it was called) . It was delicious, as were the starter tasters. I liked the staff being in Indian clothes and thought the atmosphere was cosy. Will certainly return soon.

Wokingham
“Good food, slow service”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The food was very good and enjoyed by all 8 in the party, however it took over 2 hrs from arrival to getting our main course, which would have been ok if there had been some communication for the staff, but instead we were left waiting and wondering, often with empty glasses in front of us.

• Visited November 2011
Lymington, United Kingdom
“LOVELY MEAL, GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

There were 17 in our party, the service was good and my Chicken Pathia was brilliant, went on the banquet night which was £9.95 for a starter and main with rice etc. Went on another evening with 2 friends and ordered Lamb Pathia, the meat was tough, the other people thoroughly enjoyed their meals.

• Visited August 2011