“The Marine, Birthday Celebration”
Review of The Marine Cafe Brasserie & Bar - CLOSED

The Marine Cafe Brasserie & Bar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This Business is no longer operational. A new Business, the 'Raft Rocks' Restaurant now occupies the ground floor of the building. Please remove this listing asap. Thank you.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We took 24 family and friends for Sunday Lunch for a special birthday celebration, travelling to Milford from near Oxford. The meal was excellent, beautifully presented and the service we recevied was first class. The restuarant has great sea views and we will certainly be returning shortly. John & Anita P.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Although Restuarant was very quiet, I can't understand why? The standard of food was great, and the service very efficient. We both had the Venison for the main course which was fantastic and we will be back! ( breakfast is good too)!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The decor is classic and tasteful and the staff are friendly and helpful. Best coffee in the area & the restaurant with its spectacular views of the Needles, Isle of Wight & Keyhaven is well worth a visit. They also provide brunch meals & breakfasts which we can sincerely recommend - especially their home made soup. It is now a definite regular on our visiting list
Jackie & Denise, New Milton

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Took my parents here on Boxing Day for lunch (not the easiest people to please!) and we drove from Salisbury as we had heard good reports of this restaurant.....thankfully we were not disappointed in any way.
We ate in the formal restaurant on the first floor, all staff were delightful and we were lucky enough to get a window table with views straight out across the Solent to the Needles.
I had a smoked salmon starter, my parents the Pear & Goats cheese - all superbly presented and very tasty, we then had 2 steaks and a plaice.....same again, all very, very good.
The desserts were excellent and ended the meal nicely.
We all enjoyed the meal, were shown around - a fortune must have been spent as the interior - including the letting rooms is all of the highest quality.
Would definitely return!!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stumbled upon this bar/restaurant having decided to have an impromptu walk across the beach watching the waves crash against the storm breakers on a very cold and blustery January morning.

To be honest when I walking towards the place I assumed it was some form of Marina or watch house and not a restaurant/cafe due to the imposing cold look of the building which once inside claimed it is designed around Art Decor which I will take their word for.

The staff/service was very efficient and friendly couldn't ask for more actually. There is a "Cafe" on the ground floor, a more formal restaurant on the 1st floor and a roof top terrace on the top - we opted for the Cafe.

Unsurprisingly there was a range of basic fish dishes as well as the standard gammon and steak and a few others all of which sounded pleasant enough. I ordered two "Beer Battered Cod and Chips" at £9.60 each and a "Fish Pie" for the missus for around the same price. Eyeing up the portions it is fairly obvious they won't break any records - about a dozen or more chips and what I would probably call half a cod fillet. The Fish Pie itself was served within a small oval bowl.

The food itself - well that's the problem; the fish pie was of a *very* runny consistency which is something I was not expecting and my particular cod was also very slightly underdone in one part which didn't endear me to eating any more when I bit into some liquid batter and very borderline raw fish.

Now judging by the other reviews I assume this was an off day and perhaps the main chef(s) were on holiday so would probably go again just to give them another chance.

Also ordered a Late which was great and a chocolate milkshake which according to my son was relatively bland - however I didn't try it myself so will leave that one open.

2  Thank Mark B