“Really nice :”

La Perle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Perle is a small family-run restaurant, where the menu is completely governed by the British seasons and what can be source locally. 'Seasonal - Local - Ethical' is our motto, with over 90% of our produce sourced from sustainable suppliers based in Hampshire and Dorset.
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Really nice :”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I took my wife and friends to La Perle after seeing it in Milford-on-Sea and reading the reports here on TA.
The venue is really lovely, real nice atmosphere. The service is really great, no fussing around you and a nice amount of time between courses to enjoy the whole experience. I was slightly disappointed in the food. Main course mainly, as I do not mind paying if the food is "really" nice and I found the food "nice", along with my wife n friends. We could say we did not like our meals, but it was the nice you can find in many restaurants and for this I have lowered my score.
Would I recommend it ? Not 100% sure as previously stayed you can get the same food cheaper. Sorry

Visited June 2014

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant in a lovely village”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I first went on a thursday night without a booking. La Perle was quiet but its not full season yet. I loved it so much I booked for the next night. Just as well as it was full on the Friday night.
The staff are very friendly and happy to talk about the food which is mostly locally sourced. The cooking is excellent with some lovely twists. It is very hard what to pick as the al a carte and the specials all sound good.

• Visited June 2014
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had lunch there on Friday. The major problem I had, was choosing from the lovely offerings on the pris fixe menu!!! (planning on a return visit for the bouillabaise soon). Portions were generous. We were offered extra helpings of the delicious bread.

Many of the other guests appeared to be regular and locals, judging from the greetings from the staff, always a good sign at a restaurant.

I find it very hard to make any negative comment. If I was pressed, I would comment that the panna cotta was a fraction too set, and that would be really splitting hairs.

Go and enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mci55
Derby
“Wow fabulous place and excellent food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Wednesday evening when they had a lobster night. The service was attentive and we were offered freshly baked artisan bread as nibbles. We decided we would have the half of lobster and a glass of wine, the food was delicately cooked and so tasty. We also had an dessert each which was just absolutely out of this world. The chef came out to speak to the diners which was a nice touch and it made our night out a real treat.

1 Thank StarGirl_32
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food and great service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food looked and tasted so delicious. The menu had the right range of choice for all our tastes. It seems the menu is changed according to what is in season and so the produce was spot on. we just loved al the dishes from starters to desserts. The service is also a great balance of attentive and friendly. The Chef even ventured out to meet the diners and listen to feedback - great to see a Chef interested in the diners! I think this little restaurant is a hidden gem.

• Visited May 2014