“Magnifique!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Perle

La Perle
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: La Perle is a small family-run restaurant, where the menu is completely governed by the British seasons and what can be source locally. 'Seasonal - Local - Ethical' is our motto, with over 90% of our produce sourced from sustainable suppliers based in Hampshire and Dorset.
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We managed to book a table for the same night thankfully, after just arriving in Milford. Had earmarked this place as it had good reviews on tripadvisor and it did not disappoint. It was a tuesday which meant 'moules and frites night' (sounds better than mussels and chips) which my wife took advantage of and assured me were excellent (I won't touch the things). I went for a fillet steak which was cooked to perfection and served with oyster mushrooms, truffle mash and baby onions which all complemented each other beautifully. I told my wife it was probably in my top 3 steaks I've ever had but while I was in the bathroom, she got talking to the chef who was on walkabout and told him it was the 3rd best steak I'd ever had. Not got quite the same ring to it. Throughout, service was excellent. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ben H

England
“Absolutely superb ! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant truly is a little gem. We were walking by the night before & stopped to have a look at the menu & ended up chatting to the owner/chef Leo. My friend asked about lobster & Leo ordered it in specially for us. The ambience, food, staff & service were all excellent. Kate looked after us so well & clearly is passionate about food. I look forward to coming again !!!

Poole, United Kingdom
“A real gem in Milford-on-Sea....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The little village of Milford-on-Sea is rapidly transforming itself into a New Forest ‘foodie hotspot’ around its charming village green. The La Perle restaurant is a sparkling addition to this scene serving a fresh and innovative melange of ‘French style recipes’ using the best of local Hampshire produce. The menu is sensibly not too long and well priced offering an interesting selection of dishes including local meat, a game dish, fresh fish and shellfish and innovative vegetarian options. My partner is ‘lactose intolerant’ and this was carefully communicated by the waitress and easily accommodated by the chefs. The fixed price main course lunch menu offers very attractive value, including a glass of house wine or an alternative drink. My partner opted for the fillet of bream with fennel confit, tapenade and char-grilled vegetables and I chose the escalope of veal Viennese with tomato chutney and spring vegetables. Ok we needed a side of Pont de Neuf potatoes to make the complete meal, but hey ho it was worth it. Both dishes were well cooked, tasted great, served hot and presented beautifully on the plate. Add to this some delicious breads and the glass of wine (included) and you’re looking at the perfect lunch in my book. Give it a try and discover a real gem in the forest.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 215neill
Bournemouth
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wow, first time we have been to Le Perle and certainly will not be the last. Everything perfect. I do not usually have a dessert but simply felt I must at least try something as every other dish had been just outstanding, so went for the Earl grey chocolate ganache....this is a must. Our waitress Kate was a delight, friendly and very helpful.

• Visited August 2014
“Decidedly Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I went there for dinner with a family member who had a good experience when they went for lunch. However, whilst the staff were pleasant the meal was poor and unimaginative. I had fish (plaice) and afterwards I felt a bit queasy. Perhaps it is better for lunch, but I wouldn't go back and neither will the family member I was with...

• Visited July 2014