Vinegar Hill Pottery B & B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Milford on Sea
See available hotels
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
  • Restaurant
The Mayflower(Lymington)
Passford House(Lymington)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa(New Milton)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsan excellent teachergypsy wagonbirthday presentperfect hostsweekend breakdaveclayvillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Although I didn't stay as I live within driving distance, I LOVED the Vinegar Hill 3 day Pottery Course. Dave was an excellent teacher - kind and humorous - and I finished the course with a great sense of achievement and enthusiasm plus several stunning Raku pots and more stoneware to follow, once glazed and fired. All of which I made myself.

The elevenses and lunches included in the price were outstanding and we were able to enjoy them outside in tshirts on the suntrap terrace, even though it was only March.

My fellow students were great fun and they did stay at the B&B. I saw their rooms - lovely - and they all reported that the B&B experience was wonderful.

I thoroughly recommend this memorable and happy experience.

Room Tip: The hayloft seemed particularly charming.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I have just come back after staying for a couple of days. Had a fabulous time Lucy and Dave were so welcoming and the room was amazing (we stayed in The Hayloft) the stairway up to our room was lovely. The food was lovely and so filling and the delivery of the cool box was a great idea. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have just come back from a lovely two night stay in Rosie the Gypsy Caravan. Its certainly a getaway with a difference. My husband booked it as a surprise romantic trip for my birthday and it was certainly that. Rosie is so comfortable to stay in, the bed is warm and cosy, there is a heater, not that we needed it, a kettle and even a cafetiere ! Dave and Lucy were the perfect hosts, attentive when needed but left you to enjoy the peace and quiet. We enjoyed a superb home cooked breakfast every morning, there is the option to sit outside in the sun or inside which is what we chose to do and had everything we needed to enjoy a full english and a cup of tea first thing in the morning. I didnt check but i think the plates we ate off were made on site in the pottery !!!
Milford on Sea is a quiet little town but the B & B is only a mile or so from the sea. Your also only a short scenic drive from Beaulieu and the new forest.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona jane W
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in Rosie, the gypsy caravan, for three nights and we had a brilliant time. The owners were attentive and friendly-they were even kind enough to loan us their bikes for the day! Woke up every morning to a delicious English breakfast with the offer of extra toast and juice if we wanted it!
Rosie was comfortable, cosy, clean and well stocked. The wet room was impeccably clean and not at all like any block showers at a camp site!
We had a lovely few days away, made even more special with a proposal-Vinegar Hill Pottery will always be a special place and we look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The stay in Rosie the gypsy caravan was fantastic from start to finish. Dave and Lucy were the perfect hosts and Rosie was cosy and comfortable. Breakfasts were brought to the door and were excellent.The pottery Dave produces is lovely so much so that we placed an order with him on our departure . Go,you will be really happy you did.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple