“Good wholesome pub grub.”
Review of The Smugglers Inn

The Smugglers Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have had two meals in this pub and on both occasions was very happy with the standard of food. It's not posh and fancy , the meals are quite large portions and are very filling . Just the job if you have been hiking in the surrounding area and are ready for a wholesome meal.
The staff are cheerful and friendly .
We would certainly eat here again when we are visiting Milford on Sea.

1  Thank Shazzer247

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation for my wedding anniversary because I'd read good reviews on trip advisor and didn't know the area as my wife and I live in Brighton and were visiting. Alarm bells were ringing as soon as we saw what looked like an abandoned car without tyres in the car park. We entered the pub and were not greeted by anyone but instead were stared at intensely by the locals and mumbled at by a drunk at the bar. Staff walked past but still no one acknowledged us. It was the most uncomfortable experience I've had for a long time, even the manager seemed to look at us as outcasts. This was made all the more awkward by the fact we were with our young son. I can't possibly comment on the food at the Smugglers Inn because as soon as we sat down we decided we were so uncomfortable with the situation we just got up and left. People were still staring and muttering things from the bar. Just to let you know a little about my wife and I, we are both quite alternative and I am heavily tattooed but I dress nicely and I am always well groomed, I can't help but feel that this played a part in our experience. Obviously my review is based purely on my personal experience and we didn't have food so can't comment on that aspect. I just thought I would make you all aware that discrimination and narrow mindedness is still prevalent in our society and I think it's disgusting. So much for our anniversary dinner.

1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went here on a Friday evening. Luckily we had booked as it was very busy. We were seated very promptly. There is a very large menu and the food we had was lovely. Good atmosphere and staff were very pleasant. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Linda1277
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Good food and beer, very clean and staff helpful nice garden and the weather was good big carpark and close to the beach, would recommended if you are in the area

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the Smugglers Inn on Good Friday having booked a table advance. The pub was busy inside and out and so the kitchens were busy and we were helpfully when we arrived that food orders would take around 45 minutes which meant we could enjoy a couple of drinks before our meal. The menu has a good choice of dishes and there were several specials too. The portions were a good size and everyone enjoyed what they had. The service was efficient and friendly and the bill was very reasonable for what we had so we will definitely go back another time.