“Better than expected”
Review of The Beach House

The Beach House
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I think some reviewers are being unfair. This is not a top notch hotel but it is much better than average. Our (standard double) room was very good and clean. The bar was satisfactory at best but I liked the restaurant and the evening meal was much better than the "pub standard" quoted by other reviewers. I would certainly go there again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

we have just stayed there it was clean and friendly. it definatley needs a refurbisment as its very tired and worn, the are only two chairs that are comfortable and they were in the lobby all other chairs were hard. the parking has a lot to be desired though, as there is no propper parking for guests, if you leave the hotel you will be lucky if you can find a space when you return. food not bad but that depends on which chef is on duty.

Room Tip: rooms facing the sea are the best.
1  Thank poshtrish
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Have stayed before so expectations high. Booked 3 nights and had a beautiful room with sea view. Bed was very comfortable, but the windows were very dirty and spoilt the view. Bathroom clean but toilet bowl needed bleach. The evening meal which was fine, but dining room felt very much like a pub with sticky tables, uncomfortable chairs and a pub menu. The patio was covered in cigarette butts and there wasn't a pot or bowl of flowers anywhere. Felt staff worked hard to please but the owners need to decide whether they are a good quality hotel, as their prices reflect such, or a pub. All in all, it's a beautiful building with history so needs a little more respect. Sorry but won't be staying there again which is such a shame as the area is fantastic.

1  Thank Lesley A
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Can see why some might not love this place (depending on what you pay maybe?) - improvements in some areas - updating it little more and some cleaning in some places and it'd be superb, but missus and I were pleasantly surprised. One night stay with little one was really good. Location is great in terms of views and proximity to beach, breakfast and large double room easily worth the money and staff friendly. Easily go again one day

Room Tip: Pity that standard double room doesn't have seaview, whereas small doubles seem to - we didnt se...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Booked this beautiful building on line by choosing the room and the view I wanted, as a treat for my husband, when we came o Milford on Sea for a family gathering. I booked on line in October 2012 for July date this year an over night stay, I received boffo action by email f the specific room I booked. Arrived on the day to be asked, had I confirmed my room, no I had an email confirming my booking, oh well I'm sorry we've had to move you another family needed o be in he main building!

A very unsatisfactory reason or being moved and the fact that they eventually reduced the cost of my stay did not make up or it.

Room Tip: Don't other!
1  Thank Maggie5269
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here on our way to Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and were more than satisfied. We had a family room in the loft which was very clean & well presented with everything you could need including a tv in each room. The breakfast was god and the staff are all very helpful and the hotel s only 200 m from the sea, we would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Family room has two separate rooms so great for families with older children
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I wasn't going to review The Beach House because I didn't have anything to add that hadn't already been written. However, I felt bad when I saw the review of the female employee at the check in desk. We found her helpful and considerate as were all the other employees. We found the hotel calm and peaceful and convenient for a night's stay before exploring New Forest.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Stanwell House Hotel
Stanwell House Hotel
#2 of 7 in Lymington
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!