Lowest prices for your stay
£90
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Ian H
Essex, United Kingdom
Away for work
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Nov 2023
Stayed here for work, nice reception from Peter. Shown to room (which had its own bathroom not ensuite). Bed was comfortable, decaf tea and coffee provided on request. TV channels in room were running from a computer and were not reliable, started watching one channel and then it just went and could not get it back. Free parking on site at venue.
Date of stay: November 2023
Room Tip: No lift in premises
Trip type: Travelled on business
  • Algotels
3.7 miles from The Kingsley at Eversley
Restaurant
View more hotels in Eversley
All reviews run of the mill independent hotel a lovely stay peter courtyard
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2023 via mobile

A great little hotel but lacking atmosphere and bar/restaurant scene. However good rooms and friendly staff in a quiet countryside location. Housekeeping could be improved but we were ensured that this would be taken care of. Dusty cobwebs on the light fittings don’t matter too much but a clean shower and fridge etc is important, although they weren’t unusable

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2023 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last night, lovely friendly greeting from the owner Peter, who then showed me to my room and what a lovely room, was on the ground floor with patio doors onto the lovely garden.
Staff were very friendly and breakfast was really good.
Would highly recommend a stay here

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2023 via mobile

My sister and I absolutely loved our stay at The Kingsley. We didn’t arrive until 11pm and Peter was so accommodating and welcoming. It feels more like a beautiful home than a hotel. The decor is very boutique, the room had a warm feel and we found it
really comfortable. My dog rue was able to stay with us which was so lovely as there aren’t many around that do. Oh and the breakfast was a Spanish style which was delicious! We would absolutely return, thank you for having us at such short notice!

Room tip: Plenty of parking!
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Siobhan T
Reviewed 6 March 2023

I have to say this has been one of my best stays away ever! It's a calming bijou hotel and former home of Charles Kingsley. I've been staying here weekly for the last 4 months as it's the perfect refuge while I work locally.
The staff go above and beyond and do everything they can to make my stay pleasurable and my room is always spotless. They even have a few classic games in the dining room which are fun to play whilst winding down with a glass of wine.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Peter Ormrod, Owner at The Kingsley at Eversley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2023

Thank you so much. These heartfelt reviews are motivating for our staff...

Reviewed 2 March 2023

Book A room when I arrived The guy on reception was extremely rude and loud and also swearing at me I was absolutely disgusted by the way I was treated I wouldn’t advise anyone to stay at this hotel dogs were running in and out of the kitchen was absolutely disgusted with the way we were treated we paid good money for our room on Trivago I showed him all of the information that we had booked and paid for the room he told me that it wasn’t booked I asked him very nicely to put the reference number in which he wouldn’t do he was more concerned of losing 15% of the booking to them I couldn’t believe the way he was swearing wouldn’t recommend

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Peter Ormrod, Owner at The Kingsley at Eversley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2023

The reviewer did not stay at the hotel. He was not charged. The OTA (Trivago) reserved him a room which does not exist and we had no Channel Manager notification. We attempted to contact him to explain this but the mobile number given was invalid.