Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo nightssandwichswimming poolsteam room and saunanight breakevening mealbreakfast was buffet stylegreat value for moneyshort breakpark and ridereception staffnorth walestea and coffeelovely weekendfood was lovelydouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A twin room for two nights costs £80 and that was with breakfast included. For such a low price you might expect that the hotel was of poorer quality but I am pleased to say that was not the case. Nice rooms, lovely breakfast and courteous, helpful staff. It is situated very nicely between Chester and Liverpool so great location too. Free access to the gym was included as was Wifi access, however reception is so poor that the wifi was not utilised, this aside the hotel is great.
Definately visiting here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
gm-woodhey, Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I would like to take the opportunity to personally say thank you for your kind review of our hotel, it is always nice to hear that the team here have worked hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their time here at the Mercure chester North.

Once again many thanks

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Booked this hotel for a relaxing night away to find it was pure noise all night due to a party going on - wasn't warned about this on check in and by half past 12 I was ready to scream! Knowing I had a long journey back early in the morning was making me more angrier! I would of liked to have been told about it! I don't understand how they have signs about stating to be quite and consider other guests when they have a band on till 1am?? Also, outside our door spelt of strong cigarette spoke, stains on the pillars and throw over - needed a make over in certain places. We looked at the swimming pool but it didn't look advertising so we gave it miss! Very disappointing!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, I am terribly sorry to learn of your disappointment and would like to express my sincere apologies with the noise levels you experienced. I assure you that we have taken measures to avoid any future unexpected upsets with noise and our reception team will be more informative with our guests on arrival

Once again my apologies

Reviewed 31 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 23 October 2013

my wife and I booked the hotel for one night prior to flying from Liverpool.We booked it through bookings.com, big mistake.They were advertising a 94 pound room with 60 per cent discount for 39 pounds and a few pence.When I checked the hotel website for that night the 94 pound room was for dinner,bed and breakfast,so I booked the room with bookings .com thinking I would get the advertised room only to find it was a room only.The price of the hotel room only was exactly what was on the hotel website there is no discount.The booking was not returnable made me so angry! I argued the point with the firm but went round in circles,gave up.I had made contact with the hotel about this misleading advert and they came to my rescue and organised a room upgrade and a breakfast due to what they called a misunderstanding thanks for this kindness.The hotel was nice,staff pleasant and made it a lovely stay.The hotel is in a good location and the facilities were excellent.Only advice deal with hotel website not bookings.com.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words in relation to recent visit to the hotel. Although you had trouble booking with your travel agent it is good to see that the hotel team managed to sort your issues out and also that once here at the hotel your stay was made a pleasant one.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards