“Very welcoming!”

Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Sutton
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Had a one night stay here whilst on business in Chester. A nice clean, modern hotel a short distanced from Chester. The staff here were very friendly and accommodating. There was ample parking for the large company vehicle I was using. Due to the late hours I was keeping I didn't get chance to try the restaurant, but the night staff were happy to supply a beer despite the bar being closed. The room I had was clean and well appointed and very comfortable. I would use this hotel again without reservation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David G
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I would like to personally like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I very much appreciate your comments in relation to the staff and service.

Once again many thanks and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We went to an organised club party at this venue. The package included a meal and free bar. The food was quote "tesco ready meal" quality. The meat, veg and gravy were obviously pre-packed and, reheated. The gravy was flavoured water. I doubt a chef would have put their name to it. The free bar was a limted choice bar only. At £50 pp it was a rip off.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I would like to thank you for the feedback regarding your recent event here at the hotel. I am somewhat disappointed to learn that you felt the food to be pre-packed, I can assure you that all the food is prepared fresh on site and none of it pre-packed. I do however take your comments on board as these ensure that we are constantly reviewing and improving where we can.

Once again thank you

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last week for a couple nights on a special offer deal our room was comfortable, clean and pleasantly decorated the bar was OK maybe a little expensive to what we are used to. We had dinner in the restaurant it was OK but the menu was a little limited
Breakfast was a buffet style could have been better the fried eggs were snotty , back a little over cooked but edible.
We would probably stay again but only if they fix the shower in room 201

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I appreciate the time taken to feedback on your time here at the hotel and I'm sorry we fell short of your expectations on this occasion. As a result we have addressed the issues raised to ensure that simialr problems do not re-occur in the future.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very good hotel well situated for travelling to Cheshire oaks, Chester and North Wales. The food at the hotel was very good with plenty of selection. The rooms were well furnished with good bathroom facilities. The only slight fault with the room was that it was very warm as the central heating had a fault, however, the plumber was due to rectify this soon after we left

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be adequately fitted out
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay here at the Mercure Chester North. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Very pleasant staff ,clean pleasant room, food ok at both breakfast and dinner first night fine but second could hear every time some one came back that night bathroom noise from rooms along side and above would stop again but would insist on a room at the back of the hotel with less people needing to walk past and a second floor with no loo above

Room Tip: back of the hotel second floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to give feedback on your stay here at the hotel. I note that although you had a pleasant time with us, your stay was made uncomfortable by the noise coming from the corridors and for this I can only apologise. We do try our best to control the noise levels in the hotel of an evening however it is sometimes difficult.

I do hope this does not deter you from visiting the hotel in the future and should you wish to return please do request a room in a quieter part of the hotel and our reception team will be more than happy to ensure this happens.

Once again thank you

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel last year on the 2 night all inclusive offer and we enjoyed it so much we decided to book again. We stayed 2 weeks ago but were very disappointed with the evening meals compared to last year. I had braised beef, which was chef's speciality, it was tough and I ended up not eating it. My partner had lamb steaks, again chef's speciality, and was very disappointed. The 2nd night I had vegetable hotpot. There were sliced potatoes on top and inside it was mainly potato! The staff were lovely and couldn't be more helpful and overall the rest of the stay was very good but the meals have put us off booking again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jennyb000

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in our restaurant whilst here at the hotel. Having read your review I can imagine your disappointment and I would like to personally apologise for the poor quality of food.

Rest assured I have spoken with our Chef and as result he has taken the necessary steps to make sure that similar issues do not occur in the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We booked this hotel for two nights as it was close to the wedding venue we were going to. The first night the room was very cold. But the second night they put a heater in the room but the next morning no hot water for shower :( when checking out the receptionist just said sorry and left it as that.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ronaele B

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I note that overall in general you enjoyed your stay with us, you were not happy with a couple of maintenance issues and for this I would like to apologise.

Our customers are important to us and I would hope that you may give us another chance in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Sutton
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
#2 of 6 in Ellesmere Port
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel? Share your experiences!