“Most enjoyable stay, the Staff are wonderful”

Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Sutton
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just had 3 nights stay at the above hotel. On a all inclusive Great Little Break, booked through Hotelshop .com. The booking procedure was impeckable and went without a hitch. We were allocated a beautyful room on the 1st floor. As my wife and I both have limited mobility we asked for a room on the groundfloor. Kusuma from housekeeping took us to an even nicer room on the ground floor very near the pool which we took full advantage of. The Restrauant was very well laid out and the food was superb, very well presented,the staff are excellent and always on hand should you need anything There is quite an extensive menu for both the bar and the Restrauant. Breakfast was a help your self buffet style there was plenty of everything on show, too numerous to mention, so you can fill up for the day. In all it was great value for money ,we had a realy enjoyable stay, we definatly go there again

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan356356
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

What a lovely reveiw thank you so much for taking the time, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed overnight as part of a girls weekend. Lovely lady on reception, who was extremely polite and efficient.Room had all the necessary fittings, did not have time to try the pool area.
Restaurant lacked a bit of atmosphere and very few dining, but food fine and well presented, staff helpful and friendly.
Breakfast adequate staff very efficient but room for improvement on choice and variety of fruit. Good value overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Many thanks for your reveiw, hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here overnight with a group of friends on a visit to Chester Races. We had an excellent deal and the staff, rooms, food were of a really good standard. We had no trouble getting taxis into town. Will definitely stay again if a similar deal is available.
Would get 5 stars if I felt paying the full price offered the same value.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind words it is much appreciated, we hope to see you again

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here by accident when Easy jet cancelled my flight home on 19/7/2014 and sent me here. There seemed to be problems getting us booked in .May not have been hotels fault . I found it difficult to find my room with little help given . The room itself was almost perfect .Everything there that a person would need in a room . TV, Tea, Coffee Iron Desk and Chairs .The Shower and bath facility was also top class with shampoo and soap supplied .Cleanliness was of a high standard and the room was warm and very comfortable . All round excellent high class facilities and I enjoyed my night there . The bar was also nice . Food was excellent to but service extremely slow . I would recommend the hotel and if in the area I would use again without hesitation .

Room Tip: Depending on a persons needs .I was given a double or family room which would be excellent for any f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you very muh for your kind words

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked this hotel for my husband’s birthday weekend. When I rang the hotel to make the booking I spoke to Matthew Flannery who assured me and confirmed by E-mail that we would be assigned an executive room because my husband would be celebrating that weekend.
Upon arrival we were given room 224. I asked the woman on the desk if this was an executive room, she told me it was. Room 224 was NOT an executive room, it was just the same as most of the other rooms. This was disappointing. Having said that the room was clean and had the usual hotel look about it. There was a flat screen TV on the wall, a desk and chair, one other not very comfortable chair and a double bed with awfully flat pillows. The on-suite had a bath with a shower over it, a wash basin and a toilet. Toiletries were supplied and they were quite good quality.
Our stay included meals and limited drinks between 7pm and 11pm. Our first evening meal was not a good experience. We were seated at a table that had been set without napkins. A waitress was setting the table next to us so I asked her for some napkins, she put the napkins that she had in her hand down on the table that she was setting and went and got us some small paper serviettes, I eventually had to go and get the napkins off of the adjoining table myself. The menu had reasonable choices on it, I had the prawn cocktail for starters, it came in a small wine glass with the Mary Rose sauce in a shot glass, I did not think that serving food in a narrow rimmed wine glass was such a good idea, it made it difficult to eat. My main dish was Chicken with creamy mashed potato, green beans and a white sauce. The dish came minus the green beans, they had been replaced with some slimy looking courgette slices, as soon as I removed the chicken off the top of the potato I could see a quite large black lump that looked like a bad eye from the potato, also there were odd coloured lumps throughout the potato that I think were in-growing roots that had not been removed when the potatoes were peeled. I did make the staff aware of the problems with the dish, they apologised and offered a free sweet in compensation. My husband did get a candle in his sweet on his birthday.
There was a nice array of things to eat for breakfast, all the usual things that you would expect to see. Breakfast was self-service and the waitresses were available to get you tea or coffee. Again little care had been taken over the resetting of the tables, on both mornings we found that there was no or not enough butter, jam and sugar on the table, meaning that we again had to go scouting around other tables for supplies that should have been replenished before we sat down.

We did use the pool, towels were available from reception if you asked for them but there was no notice to tell you to ask at reception, you could have used the towels in the room but that would have left you without dry towels in your room. The water in the pool was very warm. There was a steam room and a sauna available if you wanted to use them, there was no extra charge for using them.
WIFI is available free of charge but it was painfully slow, OK if you just want to check your mail.
Overall we had a reasonably pleasant stay but we did feel that some staff training is required especcially in the restaurant.
The hotel is near to a park and ride railway station (about 3min by car) it costs 80p to park all day and the trains to Liverpool and Chester come every 15mins.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JulesF90
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback please accept my apologies

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently stayed here for a night for my sons birthday as he wanted to stay in a hotel, and as my aunt and uncle were staying here for a week while over from Africa it was ideal. we couldn't book online as we were a family of 4. Rang reception who was extremely help full. All staff were friendly room lovely and clean. The pool was clean warm we spent hours in there. The breakfast was fantastic lots of variety of foods and drink. The staff even got my son a cake nothing seemed to much trouble for any of the staff. We were in and out alot through the week visiting. Aunt and uncle didnt have a bad thing to say about hotel and they were there for a week and loved all the staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bayley0195
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

It was our pleasure - I am glad all enjoyed it

Thank you for your reveiw and kind words about the team, it means a lot to us

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed here as a base to explore Chester and the surrounding area. The hotel while a little tired looking from the outside was quite welcoming and freindly. The staff at reception when we checked in were very helpfull and the staff in the bar during the evening were the same.
We stayed in room 117, close to the gym and pool on the ground floor.
The pool is quite small but good for the kids, the water is warm and there is a sauna and steam room.
The room itself was clean and our sheets were changed daily the three nights we stayed here. I cant comment on the food as we ate out each evening.
All in all i would stay here again.
All in all i would stay here again

Room Tip: Room 117, a triple, was on the ground floor, very close to the gym and pool, great for a family of t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony Y
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your reveiw, we hope to see you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Sutton
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
#2 of 6 in Ellesmere Port
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel? Share your experiences!