Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Perfect
Review of Cromlix
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Sept 2016
We were there for our friends to be married. Everything about Cromlix was perfect - the rooms (and because our friends had the whole House, we saw a lot of them) were gorgeous. Everything was thought of, and perfect. From the moment our luggage was whisked away, to the latte that the night manager made as we left at 6am for our flight.
The public rooms of the House were gorgeous, and made it seem like a glorious house party, rather than a hotel - and the Chapel.
This House is divine, the property, the rooms, everything. I wish that we never had to leave.
I can't wait to come back. Thank you.
    £724
  • eDreams
7.3 miles from Cromlix
View more hotels in Kinbuck
1,838 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts drawing room country house upgraded to a suite scones birthday lunch special occasion car park every member of staff bruce suite venison an overnight stay public rooms lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We were at Cromlix recently for lunch. Tucked out of the way just North of Dunblane it is an impressive country house hotel. We had a drink in the lounge bar before going through to the conservatory restaurant. The staff were very welcoming and helpful without being too in your face. The decor is very contemporary which was a pleasant surprise given the nature of the building. A good comprehensive drinks menu. The restaurant is run under the Roux banner and the food was outstanding. I had the excellent pea and ham soup which had ham hock in the bottom of the bowl. My main of lamb was extremely tender and tasty followed by a strawberry soufflé. The rest of our party were equally impressed.

My only regret was that we weren't actually staying at the hotel. Perhaps next time we will rectify that. We will certainly be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen T
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear KozmaFife,
Thank you for your flattering review regarding your recent lunch with us at Cromlix. Iot is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much that you plan on returning to stay. I am equally thrilled to hear that Chez Roux exceeded your expectations, I have shared your lovely comments on the food to our dedicated Chefs. I greatly appreciate this wonderful review and I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Took my sister for her birthday and was not disappointed. From the minute we walked through the door we were greeted and served by happy smiling staff. From the manager to the housemaids they all seem to enjoy their work and pleasing the guests. The hotel is absolutely spotless. Nice rooms, bathrooms large and have very nice toiletries. Ate in the restaurant at night and the food was absolutely stunning.i don't know when I last enjoyed a meal so much. All 4 of us could not find fault with anything. Went for a walk around the grounds the next day and enjoyed seeing the produce in the kitchen garden. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Recently stayed at Gleneagles and Doonbeg but this was far better!

Room tip: No lifts but a lot of stairs if your on the top floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jan A, thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a charming review on your recent stay at Cromlix. I am delighted to hear that your sister had a birthday she will not forget. It also pleased me to read that you were made to feel so welcome and indeed relaxed during our stay with us. It’s great to hear that you took the opportunity to enjoy a walk around our ground and kitchen gardens- the perfect location to take a break and unwind! I have passed all your lovely compliments regarding the food and service you received to all who tended to you. I hope we can warmly welcome you back to Cromlix again in the near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 3 September 2016

On September 2nd 2016 both my wife and I went for an eagerly anticipated visit to Cromlix House for dinner and it was not as good as i would have expected for this grade of establishment.
The Hotel itself has had a makeover and was rather different from the last time that I was there back in the 90's. Whilst the decor was very pleasing (apart from the wall lights in the lounge, I have a hate for imitation candle style lighting, very tacky IMO) we had a drink before dinner in the lounge and this was presented by a very pleasant waitress who then presented us with the menus and wine list.
The menu of the day offered us enough choice of dishes but the a la carte menu also had some very tempting choices as well.
We had a few questions on the wine list and these were answered knowledgeably by the Sommelier who recommended a lovely wine to accompany our meal.
We ordered our meal and after not too long a wait we were shown to our table in the dining room/conservatory and this is where things started to go wrong. On entering the room you are presented with a sidelong view up through the working kitchen. This itself is not too off putting but you are also greeted with a rather greasy and unpleasant aroma of cooking that I have only experienced in lower end restaurants & cafes, to be honest there was a smell suggesting that the deep fat fryer could be doing with a clean out.
Now I know that the new trend towards having full view open kitchens is very now but this has been taken just a step too far at Cromlix. The kitchen and serving area has the look of a works canteen about it and the ventilation system is clearly not coping too well.
My starter of pea soup garnished with ham & black pudding was delicious & my wife said that her salad with cheddar custard was equally as good but when my main course of breast of Guinea fowl was brought to me I thought that the jus was rather greasy and the garnish under the breast of the fowl were over cooked and mushy. I know that creamed potatoes are mushy by nature but the rest of the incorporated ingredients seemed to be too well cooked as well.There was a broccoli sprig on my plate that had been cooked to death and seemed to flavour the whole dish with a burnt greasy taste. On the up side, the fowl breast was lovely with a crisp skin just as I like it so not all was lost.
When the waitress brought the wine to the table we were not given the option to try it as we would have expected but as it turned out the wine was, as I said before, a good recommendation.
I informed the waitress about my reservations on my my main course and she assured me that she would let the chef know. When she lifted our plates away she spoke to the restaurant manager but I received no feedback on my comments, not good!
Would I go back for dinner? probably not as in my opinion there are better places to eat within the area. The hotel itself is okay and the service passable and I am led to believe that the afternoon tea here is really nice so we will give that a try just as long as we do not have to take it in the "canteen" - the lounge would be a better option for this I think.
Not to be totally negative it is a nice enough hotel in quite pleasing surroundings with pleasant staff but it could be resting on its laurels somewhat.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTrencherman
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Trencherman, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Cromlix with the Trip Advisor Community. I have taken all of your comments on board and shared them with our Chef. We are extremely committed to getting our service right and we really do appreciate every form of feedback as we can learn from it. I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future for afternoon tea, our drawing room Is very traditional and elegant in décor and maybe more to your personal taste.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2016

A beautiful property, much helped of course by basking in warm sunshine when we visited. I last stayed in 1981 so was curious to see it now. Luxurious decor throughout, tastefully done and not over the top. Friendly staff, many local, well trained and attentive, but not intrusive. We had tasty cocktails, followed by delicious lunch, then coffee and petit fours outside on the terrace.
Look forward to returning and hopefully to staying overnight.
Would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Carolyn K, thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on your recent lunch out a Cromlix. I am thrilled to see that upon your return to Cromlix you were impressed with the recent renovations. To hear that you all enjoyed such delicious food and enjoyed the service is great- I have shared all of your lovely comments with the Chefs and waiting team. I really hope we will welcome you back again soon in the near future.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

This review is based on my booking experience . I emailed asking what they could do for my husbands 40th and dinner and room rate and any special treats.
The response was simply the price of the room and we would recommend our restaurant. No menus attached or anything to consider until I sent another email asking for same. Despite my better judgement i then booked. I then discovered the website offering 2 nights for 1. Nothing was mentioned of this on booking. I asked if I could redeem the free night. I was told it would mean moving me from a suite to a junior suite. I had no issue with this. A call back to me confirmed that they wouldn't do this for me as it had to be the same room and therefore I couldn't redeem my free night . I will be cancelling. My first impressions have been so disappointing and if this is my first point of contact I would be too worried about what lies ahead. Very very sloppy service.

3  Thank susiemac5

Dear Susiemac5,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review in regards to your recent booking experience at Cromlix, all feedback is taken seriously and dealt with appropriately. I have passed on your comments to our reservation team- as a five-star hotel these mistakes should not happen and my biggest apologies that this was the case with your recent booking. I value your custom and sincerely hope that you do not proceed to cancel your upcoming booking- I must assure you that this is not normal feedback for us and rest assured that we do our up-most to create a welcoming environment for each individual guest.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity to resolve this grievance if you could please contact me directly on gm@cromlix.com or 017868820310 that would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,