Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Yvonne M
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Should Change Name To Cromlix Retreat!!

Review of Cromlix
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 May 2017
Just returned from a 2 day trip to Cromlix where the weather was glorious. I was greeted warmly by Graeme(GM) and shown to the Eden Suite which was going to be my home for the duration of my stay. It comprises of 3 huge rooms connected by a long corridor,with excellent views over the front lawn and surrounding area. The Heritge free standing bath was perfect for my 5ft 3inches frame as normally with deep baths my feet don't reach the end and I look like a stranded whale as I struggle to sit upright. I will concur with all the other guests who commented on the staff regarding their warmth and friendliness, the Cromlix team is a young team and they work so well together everyone I encountered was smiley, chatty and professional without an air of stuffiness, from the front of house team, kitchen, porters and servers, Graeme, you must be very proud. As it is a small hotel, I found that if I needed something i.e.: hospitality tray, ice bucket etc, etc delivered to the room ( no room service charge)it appeared almost immediately amazing service, no tipping is allowed, and it is at your discretion if you want to pay the 10% service charge on all food and drinks on your final bill., and I ask why wouldn't you. On my final morning it suddenly hit me, I had finally relaxed and didn't want to go home
And now I get why people love Cromlix, it forces you to unwind, don't fight it, trust me even after an 8 hour journey home I was still feeling the Cromlix effect. Would I change a few things in the room, absolutely, but would I go back, an emphatic Yes, it is now on my itinerary for next year. I would like to say thank you to Flo and Victoria and I am so sorry I didn't get everybody's name ( no name badges) but thanks to everyone I came in contact with during my stay.
Date of stay: May 2017
Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet, you pay for the size of the room.
Trip type: Travelled solo
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this review
Responded 13 May 2017

Dear YvonneM, thank you very much for writing such a complimentary five-star review on your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. You are right, I am incredibly proud and thankful of the hard working, friendly team we have here and I am so pleased to read that they could enhance your experience and allow you to completely relax and unwind throughout your stay. I certainly will pass on all your kind words to everyone, Including Flo and Victoria. Once again, thank you very much for coming to Cromlix and we all hope that we can welcome you back to the house again in the near future.
£272
6.4 miles from Cromlix
£154
  • Vio.com
6.7 miles from Cromlix
Contact accommodation for availability.
6.4 miles from Cromlix
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
7.3 miles from Cromlix
6.5 miles from Cromlix
7.9 miles from Cromlix
View more hotels in Kinbuck
1,842 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts drawing room country house upgraded to a suite scones birthday lunch special occasion car park every member of staff bruce suite venison an overnight stay public rooms lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband enjoyed 3 nights at this beautiful Scottish hotel. We were traveling with our puppy, so looked for a pet friendly place. This one was perfect for our needs. We heard a lot about their restaurant with a concept of an open kitchen. We took our chance to try it on the first day and returned again on the third as were positively impressed by the quality and presentation of food. In room breakfasts were superb too. Our Ferguson suit was cosy and nicely decorated. Overall great experience that we would want to repeat.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Dear Elenafp_74, Thank you very much for spending the time to write a review and share lovely pictures of your 3-night stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is wonderful to read that everyone, including our four-legged friend had an enjoyable and memorable time at the house. I’m also very pleased that you loved our restaurant design and the quality and presentation of our unique dishes. I will be sure to pass on all your kind words to the team and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the house.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Great food all round with good options including a veggie menu ... not bad for somewhere with a strong French influence! Veloute starter was excellent followed by gnocchi like I've never seen it. Spectacular presentation and super flavours. Desserts were equally good; lovely soufflé and chocolate mousse which were again beautifully presented. Friendly and efficient service throughout. Not cheap particularly if you stray off the set menu but well worth a visit.

The hotel is set in lovely grounds but access is a bit rough because the paths aren't great if you're in your posh clothes. Some litter about too which isn't quite as expected.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Paul H, thank you ever so for spending the time to write a review on your recent visit to us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is fantastic to read such wonderful compliments towards the food- I will be sure to pass on such lovely words to the Chefs. They all work extremely hard to create delicious, French inspired dishes. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any litter you saw on your recent visit and thank you for the feedback. I can assure you this is not our usual standard and we have several hard-working gardeners who constantly maintain our beautiful grounds. Overall, I’m pleased to read that you had a fabulous time and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the house again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this family event some weeks ago, you have to, its so good and therefore very busy.
We were shown into the lounge area and given the "tea menu" by very attentive staff who explained the routine. Already this place started to look and sound just great.
Lovely old hotel that has been renovated back to its former glory and all done with great taste.
We have dined here for both lunch and dinner and it was fabulous.
Back to our afternoon tea.
When it came, it was marvellous, so fresh and what a selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes.
Every item was superb, and our various choice tea selections were repeatedly refreshed as the afternoon passed. The service throughout the day was excellent in every way.
Enough said, just go and be prepared to be delighted with a traditional afternoon tea served by wonderful staff in adorable surroundings...!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scotmac1
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Scottmac1, Thank you very much for spending time to write a review on your recent Afternoon Tea with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is fantastic to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience from the delicious sweet treats to our attentive, friendly team. Once again, thank you very much for visiting Cromlix and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the house.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

beautiful hotel great surroundings ,had lunch today and it was amazing ,very attentive staff I had the cod and it was one of the best plates of food I have in a very long time will be back soon thank you for a lovely day

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark

Dear Dot B, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community regarding your recent lunch with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is great to read such compliments and I will be sure to pass on all kind words to the Chef and the rest of the team. It would be our pleasure if we could welcome you back to the house in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I booked Cromlix for a surprise birthday present and I can't recommend it highly enough. The hotel and grounds are absolutely stunning. It is a beautiful place to escape to, quiet and secluded. The staff are what make Cromlix so special. They couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming - we were even given a room upgrade which was a great surprise and made our stay even more memorable. From the moment we arrived we were looked after - Louise who greeted us at reception was fantastic. Dinner was delicious, breakfast was superb and we certainly made use of the bar too! It's perfect. Thank you so much for making such happy memories on my mum's birthday. We can't wait to come back and visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank danielle s

Dear Danielle S, thank you very much for writing such a kind, charming review on your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux for such a special occasion. It is wonderful to read that you had a relaxing and wonderful escape. I will be sure to pass on all of your compliments to the team- in particular Louise. I’m pleased that you are planning to come back to the house, we are all look forward to welcoming you.