Get rewarded with One Key
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Wonderful stay again

Review of Cromlix
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Dec 2017via mobile
Stayed here last weekend as a birthday treat for my mum, we had 3 suites and all were stunning. My 2 dogs were well catered for, there's even a dog menu to chose from and they had beds and bowls provided for them. The grounds are amazing for dog walks too! We enjoyed a cocktail or 2 in the bar before dinner, the bar tender was very knowledgeable and helpful. Then on to dinner, it was just amazing! Between the 5 of us we tried many of the dishes on the menu. The game terrine starter and the duck main were especially good. Thanks for another amazing stay, can't wait for next year!!
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this review
Responded 23 Jan 2018
Dear HDawg29. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a fantastic review alongside a beautiful image of your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It was fantastic that you chose Cromlix to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. I am very glad to read that everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves, including the dogs who loved walks around our beautiful surroundings. I will be sure to pass all your kind comments on to the team and we do hope that we can welcome you back to the house again in the future.
The Family Room at the Stirling Court Hotel
Ben Ledi from Callander Meadows. Westcot is on the far right
9.8 miles from Cromlix
View more hotels in Kinbuck
1,842 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts drawing room country house upgraded to a suite scones birthday lunch special occasion car park every member of staff bruce suite venison an overnight stay public rooms lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Took my wife here to cheer her up after a bad year .. absolutely outstanding ... staff very friendly and the whole atmosphere was very relaxed,had pre booked afternoon tea for two and it hit the spot, served in front of a roaring fire couldn’t complain about amount served in fact we couldn’t finish it all. Rooms are fantastic and you could spend the whole day in them .. went for meal at night sheer class great choice and also do a set menu for a very reasonable price. Everything about this visit was excellent and cheered my wife up no end .. although more expensive than other hotels it’s definitely worth the money and would go back at a drop of a hat, couldn’t fault it well done.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Ian G, thank you very much for writing such a charming review of your recent stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am very pleased to read that staying at Cromlix was exactly the boost that your Wife needed after the year and I do hope that you both have many wonderful memories with us that will last a lifetime. I am also very glad to read that you managed to cosy us and have a delicious Afternoon Tea in front of the fire- which is perfect for this time of year. I am very pleased to read you both would love to come back again for a return visit – we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the house.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We had a large family lunch in the private dining room and selected our menu in advance. The selection was good with a variety of menu prices to suit requirements. We had a coupe of tricky guests with weird requirements and the staff were very accommodating.

On the day itself, the staff were excellent, the food was excellent and the ambiance right on note.

There is a small but and the reason I can’t give 5 stars. The wine selection was very poor and exceptionally expensive for what was on offer, which was surprising given the excellence with food and staffing.

When I discussed this with the sommelier, the response was that they didn’t choose the wines, which is a surprising admission. On choosing our wines, we were told that neither the red or white was in stock and they would price match a similar wine. I found this disappointing and hope that the hotel will have a larger selection of wines in the future with a better price range, the mark up was silly and it felt like we were being cheated, it certainly stuck in my throat.

This all being said, the food and staff were excellent and we look forward to going back in anticipation of a change in policy on the wine list.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank C6684KGandrewm

Dear Andrew M, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux with the Trip Advisor community. It is wonderful to read that the full party thoroughly enjoyed their meal and the food and service was outstanding. I do apologise that you were disappointed in our choice of wines, as our sommelier mentioned our restaurant is overseen by the Chez Roux group and such we do not have full autonomy over the wine list as some are chosen at group level. I am sorry that we did not have all your choices in stock, we do try to encourage a pre-order for larger parties to ensure we can accommodate. I will however be sure to pass your comments on and thank you ever so much for the feedback. Overall, I am, very glad you had a fantastic afternoon and I do hope we can welcome you all back to the house in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

Just been for an absolutely gorgeous lunch today. The service was second to none as was the food. We ate off the set menu which had 3 good choices for each course, only problem was deciding which of the delicious options to go for. Can't wait to go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Briabutton, thank you very much for writing such a warm review on your recent lunch with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. Its fantastic to read that everything from menu choice to service exceeded your expectations. Great to hear you are already planning another trip, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the house.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I took my mum for her Birthday to Cromlix for lunch. The food, service and surroundings were all outstanding. The whole experience was enjoyable. It was a perfect way to celebrate with my mum and have some quality time with my mum.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Cromlix to anyone. We are about to buy vouchers for my Mother in Law for Christmas so she can enjoy the delicious food, fantastic service and beautiful surroundings. We will be going back again soon for the next family Birthday.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Kdlovescake

Dear Kdlovescake, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful five-star review on your recent lunch with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux for such a fantastic occasion. I am very pleased to read that you both thoroughly enjoyed the experience with some excellent food and even better company. I am very glad that you are already planning to purchase gift vouchers for your relatives, so they can too experience Cromlix and Chez Roux! I do hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I do hope we can welcome you back to the house in the new year.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

We had a recent two night stay at this absolutely excellent hotel. From the delightful welcome and tour of the facilities to the luxurious room complete with dog bed and water bowl and the comfortable lounges and bar, the whole experience was exceptional. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and anxious to do everything to enhance our stay. The grounds are beautiful and a lovely terrace with comfortable seats looking over the croquet lawn would have been wonderful in good weather. The food was first class - we were able to mix and match from the daily dinner menu (which I had paid for when we booked) and the a la carte, with only a very small supplement added. The wine list was extensive and included some good quality, reasonably priced bottles. The pre dinner margaritas were delicious! The open kitchen proved fascinating with what seemed to be a large number of staff working perfectly under the control of an impressive chef. I can’t speak highly enough of this hotel - obviously the price reflects the quality but the off season offer made it more affordable. It was worth every penny!

Room tip: No lift so rooms on first floor slightly more accessible but stairs are quite steep. All the rooms of similar high standard.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue D
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Sue D, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful, in-depth, five-star review on your recent two-night stay with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. From the moment you arrived, it is fantastic to read you were warmly greeted and given a tour of the house, so you were able to find your bearings. Additionally, I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals and our extensive wine list while watching our talented Chefs work their magic in the open plan kitchen. Once again, I cannot thank you enough for all your kind words – I will be sure to pass onto our hardworking team. We do hope that we can welcome you back to the house again, hopefully with some sunshine, so you can take advantage of our stunning grounds.
Kind regards,