Hotels.com
Denise C

LOST MY NAVY M&S COAT!!!!

Review of Cromlix
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024
I visited Cromlix house for my birthday on Saturday 13th April 2024. My mother and I enjoyed a wonderful meal. However my favourite, best coat (recently purchased) was handed over to be hung up in the cloakroom and mysteriously vanished. The staff have tried to contact all those visiting that day to trace it's whereabouts with no success. I am extremely unhappy about this. COULD EVERYONE WHO VISITED CROMLIX HOUSE ON SATURDAY 13TH APRIL 2024 PLEASE CHECK THE COATS THEY LEFT WITH AS SOMEONE HAS TAKEN MINE. It was quite an expensive coat and cannot be replaced as it is now out of stock!!!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £126
  • Algotels
7.9 miles from Cromlix
Restaurant
Contact accommodation for availability.
6.4 miles from Cromlix
View more hotels in Kinbuck
1,842 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts drawing room country house upgraded to a suite scones birthday lunch special occasion car park every member of staff bruce suite venison an overnight stay public rooms lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2024 via mobile

WOW. As always a visit to Cromlix does not disappoint. Just had lunch and as always the staff, the service and the food was outstanding. Loving the new decor which has really lifted the ambience of the place.
Thanks again Cromlix Team for looking after us and to Jason for letting us see the Chapel.

1  Thank 602garrya
Barry Makin, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Thank you for the glowing review.

It was a pleasure having you dine with us and I am glad that the staff delivered a memorable experience. I'll pass on your feedback and thanks to the team who will be delighted to hear it.

Reviewed 7 April 2024 via mobile

This is a really difficult review to write. Cromlix is lovely, the food is absolutely incredible (except the eggs Benedict, possibly the worst I’ve ever eaten), the decor is stunning, the staff are great and the gardens beautiful.

But…it’s boring. I actually feel bad saying it, but it is boring. It needs a pool, or a gym, or a spa, or a second bar, or a second restaurant, just some variety. Without these it’s a one night kinda place.

It’s hard to compare to similarly priced hotels such as Gleneagles as they’re completely different, but it’s also difficult not to and on this occasion Gleneagles wins hands down on price.

Almost every order we made, either at the bar or in the restaurant something seemed to go missing or be wrong. The renovations are great but the best way I can describe it is that they haven’t yet found the ‘flow’ of the hotel.

As I mentioned at the start, it’s a hard one. It’s truly lovely but we wouldn’t rush back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m glad I had the opportunity to talk with you whilst you were here with us.
We do hope that we’ll be able to welcome you back to the house at some point soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2024

We had a wonderful staff at Cromlix. The staff are brilliant and so friendly and helpful. The interiors are beautifully done and attention is paid to every single detail. Amazing shower too- we stayed in honeysuckle! Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. We have had such astounding feedback since the recent renovations throughout the house. The decor has certainly been leaving a lasting impression on each of our guests. I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team, they performed amazingly.

Reviewed 2 April 2024 via mobile

The most magical and unique experience in a stunning setting. The interior design is sensational and will have you admiring the attention to detail as well as the beautiful artwork. The food is out of this world. The staff complete the whole experience with the ‘nothing is too much trouble’ approach. You are spoilt the minute you walk through the door and leave feeling totally relaxed and ready to book again. Highly recommend for both couples and families. We can’t wait to take our children there in the summer.

1  Thank emmaduke1975

What a fabulous review, thank you. It is always a pleasure to create wonderful and happy memories for all our guests. The interior design and artwork around the hotel cannot be missed and the food certainly transports you somewhere magical. The staff at Cromlix always aspire to make sure the guest experience always exceeds expectation. I’ll make sure our executive chef, Darin, and the rest of our team hear the fantastic feedback. I look forward to welcoming your lovely family back to the house soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2024

My husband booked Afternoon Tea at Cromlix as a surprise for my 60th. What a beautiful venue, fabulous food and excellent service from attentive, friendly staff. We enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon in the Glass House. I would recommend this venue for any celebration.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Barry Makin, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to share your birthday celebrations with us at Cromlix, it was a pleasure. I'm ecstatic to hear that the afternoon tea was received so well and that the team elevated your experience. I'm sure it was a great start to a very special day overall.

Best wishes from us all.