“This is how it should be done.”

Yr Hafod Country House
Ranked #1 of 10 Trefriw B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay with friends here. The food was excellent alongside great staff and hosts, who were friendly, funny and patient, lol.
Evening meal was absolutely tremendous, as was breakfast. I had some (approx 6....maybe) Glyn Farm cider which was also cracking.
The room was lovely and clean, fresh with a brilliant shower so good that I could have spent had an hour in there. Alas, the wife also wanted to use it before breakfast so I to make do with 20 mins.
We'll definitely be going again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Poll D
There are newer reviews for Yr Hafod Country House

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms, staff, food and drink were fantastic. Wonderful welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Great location and plenty of parking. Local pubs friendly and good food too

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend and we felt truly at home at Yr Hafod Country House. The food (cooked by Shaun) in the grill restaurant downstairs was outstanding, both morning and evening. We honestly couldn't fault a single thing about our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MunchkinMel
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have just returned from my visit to Yr Hafod and must write this place a review. I can honestly say I have never felt so welcome at a guesthouse before! Shaun and Leila are fantastic hosts and excellent company. My friend and I came to Wales for a quiet break to 'recharge the batteries' and this place was perfect. Wonderfull breakfast, fabulous cosy rooms with lovely attention to detail and a traditional, calming atmosphere. If you are visiting the area and looking for somewhere to stay I strongly advise you look no further. Yr Hafod is accomodation and service at its very best. Thank you again Shaun and Leila - we will be back! (The 2 Jess's)

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Charming B&B near Snowdonia National Park. Three guest rooms, wonderful breakfasts and dinners. Shaun & Leila are warm, welcoming and helpful in every possible way. My wife and I stayed here six nights while touring North Wales, and will be sorry to leave in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breen B
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Just came back from the great stay at this guest house. Iv'e booked Yr Hafod Country House to have a relaxing break away for my Husbands birthday.I must say it was most welcome stay we ever had.Located in lovely little village.
Owners are so nice and welcoming,hotel so cosy,rooms decorated to perfection and very clean.Views from the room are breathtaking. Had a 3 course dinner and must say it was so delicious,all freshly cooked and so tasty.
In the morning breakfast choice is great-I had a traditional Welsh breakfast and it was superb.
It was our 1st time to visit this guest house,but had a feeling like we visited old friends,so relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Pictures on the website don't do it's justice.I would highly recommend Yr Hafod Country House to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Ieva_k-h
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Fantastic B&B, wonderful people and amazing food!
We stayed here in August 2013 and can honestly say it was the best holiday we have had. Everything about Yr Hafod Country House was outstanding, we will definitely be visiting again. We cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trefriw
The Meadowsweet Hotel
Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel
Plas Curig Hostel
Plas Curig Hostel
#1 of 1 in Capel Curig

Been to Yr Hafod Country House? Share your experiences!