I wasn't sure what to expect. The outside doesn't look the prettiest from the photo but the reviews were good so I booked. The hotel was really good, it's been totally renovated to a high standard, everything was quality. It has a pleasant garden with little nooks. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. The food was very good. The first night we decided to go to pub that was a mistake, it was awful. The next night Shaun organised our meal which really good. Midweek it's a reduced menu but Shaun tweeked it for us. Trefriw village is a bit tired but was a very interesting place for me. The mill, the mill shop, the mill hydro scheme, the waterfalls and the narrow walkways scattered about the mill complex. It is huge. We walked around the nearby reservoir/lake and stopped at the cafe on the shore. Brilliant easy walk and lovely home made food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently fully referbished by new owners, we are a small country house bed and breakfast, offering guests overnight accommodation with comfort and quality in mind. All rooms are en-suite and have its own private entrance, giving you the guest freedom to come and go as you please. The informal, warm and intimate dining experience at Yr Hafod is exclusive for our residents and one not to be missed Everything is Home made and Always served with a smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yr Hafod Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hafod Country Llanrwst
- Hafod Country Hotel Llanrwst
- Yr Hafod Country House Trefriw, North Wales