“best honey buns in the world - and I've tried a few”
Review of Cadwgan Bakery

Cadwgan Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Old Colwyn
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Kent, UK
“best honey buns in the world - and I've tried a few”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was brought up in Colwyn Bay and following the closure of my favourite bakery in Rhos on Sea, (which used to make delicious honey buns), I was thrilled to find equally scrumptious honey buns at Cadwgan Bakery. I now live in Kent and get my Mum to post 4 to me whenever she can -they're THAT good. It's like being 12 all over again ( in a good way).

Visited March 2014

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Absolutely gorgeous cakes and sandwiches!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I visit here all the time when I'm in the area! Just second to none for the food and the friendly staff! Highly recommended this beautiful bakery! I always get a roll which is always full to the brim which is lovely after a hard days work and a lemon bun which are the best around! Would recommend to anyone!

2 Thank chloeebh
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Cadwgan Bakery”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent bakery. Not a restaurant.
Rolls,sandwiches,quiches,pies and other lunch time snacks available,hot or cold
Fabulous cakes freshly made and excellent bread. Very popular.
Honey buns a family favourite as well as the vanilla Danish pastries

Visited January 2014
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Bakery”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Well known locally for it's cream lemon buns, Cadwgan Bakery have a great range of Bread, Cakes and Pastries, all of them delicious!! I've probably sampled them all over the years. Well worth a visit.

Easy to find in the village just down from Aldi and our Wedding Shop, Vanilla Pod.

Try them, you'll be back soon!!

The poor hygiene rating mentioned?? Well I was there when the inspector arrived unannounced (as they should), as the owner was on her own in the shop as a result of staff illness, she couldn't accompany the inspector around and serve at the same time!!!! Typically, this was designated as being unwilling to permit an inspection, therefore a poor score was given. Can't these jobs-worths understand they can't just expect someone to close a business down while they are there. The place is always being cleaned!!

Visited March 2014
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Great cakes, and friendly service”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have used this bakery for years and have never had a bad cake!! We regularly order the birthday cakes as they remind us of the super sweet, sticky types from our childhood! Even our children love them now- better than the bland supermarket ones, and easier than making one yourself. We love the honey buns, which are a speciality and also the chelsea buns. The bread is fresh and tasty and would recommend getting there early. Yes, it does seem that the prices have increased maybe, but haven't they everywhere at the moment??? Definitely the best baker in the area.

• Visited January 2014