All reviews sunday carvery amelia earhart some tlc next morning good size wedding dinner lovely friendly hotel local hotel plentiful supply burry port the hotel offers worked fine staff on reception race track golf club fresh fruit superior room
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel which provided good meals and service.I did however have a few points regarding my room which was number two.The wardrobe was very small which was okay for me by myself for only a few days but with this being a double room would not be enough for two people.Also there was a weird metal stand for the towels in the bathroom which appeared to be showing signs of rust.There was also a strange toilet roll holder which was a bit rickerty.Other than that the room was fine.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Lynne M, Front Office Manager at Ashburnham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Andrew C,

Many thanks for leaving a review of your recent stay at the Ashburnham Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay & your comments about certain aspects of the bedroom & bathroom have been passed to the maintenance & housekeeping teams to rectify.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We recently held our wedding here on 21st June and had the most amazing day from start to finish. The whole day was accomodated to our exact specification and nothing was to much trouble for any of the friendly and very helpful staff. The food at the wedding breakfast was wonderful well presented full of flavour and piping hot. The whole day was everything that we hoped it would be and more, thank you to all the staff who helped to make such wonderful memories and a day we will treasure forever.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lynne M, Front Office Manager at Ashburnham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

A crowd of us went there for a retirement do.
Choice if starters - I chose the vegetable soup - veg was frozen and the soup wasn’t cooked enough meaning the veg were hard.
Mains I chose the beef - way over cooked I like mine rare but I understand not everyone likes it this way so I can tolerate rare (ish) but it has to have a little pink in the middle- but it didn’t!
Although tbh I did eat some of it.
Roasties were frozen so were the peas (acceptable) and carrots. Cabbage - not sure if this was frozen or not but this was good!
New potatoes had their skin on - lovely with a salad but not with gravy!
Gravy was tasteless.
Desert was lovely as I don’t eat added sugar I was very pleased to have the melon and for that I thank you.
But I won’t be rushing back !

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElaineG32
Lynne M, Front Office Manager at Ashburnham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise for your experience. It is a shame that nothing was said during the meal when the tables were checked. I would like to assure you that all our vegetables are fresh except for the peas. Our beef is always cooked medium for functions. We would never serve it rare or medium rare because of the blood on the plate and also the law states that the centre of the joint of Beef must be over 75 degrees because of the bacteria in raw meat. There was another option of meat available on that evening and you could have changed to the Turkey.
Again can I say that we are sorry that you were disappointed.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in a ‘superior’ room which was clean and spacious. The visit coinciding with friends staying at a nearby caravan club site so we used the hotel purely for accommodation.

It is very popular locally for wedding receptions and one took place on the Saturday of our stay but the curfew was at a reasonable time so we were not inconvenienced by noise etc.

It is literally round two corners from the golf club so ideal for any golf break.

Common parts were clean and tidy and bar and restaurant areas seemed pleasant enough.

What does notice is the hotch-potch of decor, fixtures and fittings. We suspect upgrades and repairs are done piece-meal as finances allow. Not a moan but indicative of a provincial hotel run on a budget.

That said, Staff friendly and helpful; parking plentiful; price reasonable-ish.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hope we see you again

Reviewed 14 July 2018

stayed the night. Room was great. Staff with very good. the night staff was I think in charge of breakfast, Asked for fresh coffee which was advertised on the breakfast menu but they only had Nescafe original ugh! Very nice man didn't know how to use the proper coffee machine hadn't been shown but he had been working there a whole year, Can't fault the cooked breakfast but would have enjoyed a nice decent coffee and some fresh fruit. The hotel does need some attention as it looks tired.

Room Tip: keep window closed because the seagulls make a racket at about 5am
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise for your experience. We always have fresh fruit at breakfast and I can assure you that we are investigating the matter further. The member of staff in question has not been trained on using the coffee machine. We have taken your comments into consideration and we will be training all staff on how to use the coffee machine.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope we see you again