“Lovely 3 course meal.”

Add it.
The Royal Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 39 Restaurants in Pembroke Dock
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had to go to Pembroke Dock to take my Great Grandson home, I was driving round looking for somewhere nice for Sunday lunch, but it appeared to be just pubs that didn't advertise food, then I remembered back in 1993 I stayed at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel, so drove round and was lucky they did Sunday Roast, I am really surprised reading the other review, all it can say is give it another try, we had a delicious 3 course lunch, I had a duo of Melon, it was very nice while my grandson had Salmon and Prawns, we both had Roast Pork from the Carvery, finished of with a fruit Cheesecake, it was all really good and I would recommend this restaurant , it can't to under £38 with drinks so I thought that to be a reasonable price, plus the view was nice.

There are newer reviews for The Royal Restaurant

Reviewed 25 May 2013

There is a review on 19/12/2012 read that as well.

To be honest with you I am a little gutted, I'm local but thought the stories I had heard that they struggle on the food were not true. Well I can guarantee you I was not happy.

In all fairness there were 12 of us, however they were not 50% full so it should not have been an issue. Had garlic mushrooms to start at approx £7 not great. Then I ordered a fillet steak, as stated on a previous review the fillet steak is the best cut of beef and it is not cheap, therefore you need to cook it right. On ordering it I asked for it to be cooked blue/rare more on the blue side. I will say it was pink but no where near blue. Judging on the colour of it I would suggest it was cooked just over then kept warm for a while under a lamp or whatever. Anyway I never ate it, the waitress asked if I wanted it returned, I declined as I didn't want them to waste another lovely piece of meat. I spoke to the chef who didn't really care. On paying for the meal I declined to pay, this was not an option as there was no one present out of all the staff to make a decision like that. I decided to leave and told them I would return the following day to sort it out with management. One of the party however paid for it to not cause a fuss. The problem is now they will not learn from the mistakes. What a waste of £22 ish.

As well as the issue with the steak one of the meals was about 10 minutes late.

The waitresses and bar staff are really nice. Very competent at there job perhaps management should give the bar staff more responsibilities ie allow them to make decisions.

I will attach photos of the steak and also a guide to show what a steak should look like. Perhaps the chef could take heed in the future, no one likes criticism, as a professional "experienced chef" you should be able to take it on board and act on the information.

As for the hotel the views are indeed lovely, the bar area is modern and comfy. The drinks are a little pricey to be honest I think a pint was £3.70 ish. When I revisit which I'm sure I will i just hope it will have improved. I will also review again if it has changed. I should have gone for a gammon or something a lot easier to cook.

My mistake there fault :-)

1  Thank Stef_and_Nikki