“Great value”

Albion House Guest House
Ranked #3 of 14 Pembroke Dock B&B and Inns
“Great value”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed only for 1 night in one of their top floor flats that we booked at the last minute.
The flat was in really good state and really clean.
The owners were really nice and friendly and we had a lovely and large english breakfast.
I would definitely go back.
The place is also perfect if you just want to travel around as it is close to so many sights.

Room Tip: It's great value for what you pay but if you fancy somewhere more classie this isn't the pla...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank littlecrome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Room was much bigger than expected but furniture was very tired, uncomfortable and a bit depressing. Owners were very friendly. Breakfast was plentiful but lacked quality i.e fried eggs were inedible, mushrooms overcooked and my pot of tea tasted disgusting. My husband tried it and it made him wretch. There wasn't a proper reception desk and when we tried to find someone to check-out we were told to come back in 10 mins. The toilet paper was plentiful but very thin and the flush was inefficient. Good free car park.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My Partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in order to explore Pembrokeshire a little bit! We were made very welcome upon arrival and ensured that if we needed anything extra they would do their best to help. We used the Albion house as a base for exploring the area; it served its perpose very well. We both had 3 great nights sleep and found the room clean and tidy. The ensuite was nice enough and again very clean. We had breakfast one of the mornings and found it very tasty, it was all cooked fresh and the portion sizes were generous, as a vegetarian I was thrilled that they offered vege alternatives. Needless to say that I was very pleased with the Albion House. With great value for money and a family of delightful honest hosts, we would certainly return if in the area :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jordan D
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a great place for our family to stay to catch the train to Stonehenge and to London. It would be an ideal place to hub for beach travel in the area but we didn't have time. Dave and Liz were so very friendly and accommodating ... even with our very late arrival!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank COwheels
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a standard double room for 5 nights for a good price! On arrival, we were met by the very friendly Dave who showed us to our room which to our surprise had been upgraded to an apartment with kitchen and living area! All was clean and quiet and comfortable apart from the mattress! As soon as we raised our concerns with the mattress, they changed the whole bed + matress which was no hassle at all and they were very apologetic. After that all was well again! Breakfast was really good full cooked English breakfast or cereals etc! No worries if we didn't get up early either! Over all Dave the owner and his wife (sorry forgot name) and Katie there daughter are all lovely warm welcoming people who can't do enough for you! Great guest house, good prices, good people!

Rob and Jenna room 3

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bigbadboa573
Leicestershire
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was easy to find by sat nav and wifi was good BUT this is not enough to justify paying £55/night for. The bed was in a diabolical state and the owners should be highly embarrassed at charging for a comfortable room that is not to an adequate standard. The mattress needs disposing of due to the sheer amount of raised springs - 2 days later I still feel bruised. Be warned... Secondly the breakfast was very disappointing, it took roughly 20 mins to be 'acknowledged' and a further 15 mins for our order of just 2 scrambled egg on toast to arrive... Without drinks, littered with eggshell and soggy toast. Needless to say we won't be returning and the hotel manager was supplied all feedback upon check out.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank besotedwithtravel
Mount Laurel
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I chose Albion House Accommodation at short notice due to a 7 day work commitment in the Pembroke region. I initially chose the accommodation on the good past reviews given and I found the couple that own and run Albion House to be lovely and genuine people. I ended up staying in 2 different apartments within Albion House and I did find everything in the apartments to be very clean...which should be a hospitality minimum standard anyway. Unfortunately, I did find that just about everything in the apartments was either broken or in a very poor state of repair. A few examples are; broken toaster, noisy fridge, filthy washing machine, TV not working, various furniture and carpets damaged and smelling foisty, floor rails lifting with screws missing, door handles to cupboards hanging off and missing, window latches falling off, toilet roll holder falling off wall, toilet seats loose and falling off, shower screen seal falling off and bathroom tap fittings loose...there were other issues but I don't wish to sound like a whiner. At £55/night cost, if I was in the region for a holiday or short break with my family I must admit I would have booked-out of Albion House on the day I arrived and found somewhere else to stay. But, as I was only in the region for work reasons and found it to be 10 minutes from my work location I tolerated the situation as I left early for work in the morning and returned late at night. Aside from that, I did think it would be okay for someone who was backpacking and needed to rest a head for a night.
As you can guess I didn’t find the place too relaxing and I left a day early!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#3 of 4 in Pembroke
The Dolphin Hotel
The Dolphin Hotel
#7 of 14 in Pembroke Dock

Been to Albion House Guest House? Share your experiences!