“Superb Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pembroke Dock
Somerset
“Superb Breakfast”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel last weekend, and were extremely impressed. The room was very spacious and overlooked the bridge and estuary and the huge bed was really comfortable. All the staff we encountered were really friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were absolutely superb, and probably amongst the best we've had anywhere. The only minus was after we got home. My husband left his mobile phone charger in the room, so after phoning the hotel, they offered to post it to us, but only if in addition to the postage, we paid a handling charge of £3.50. I'm perfectly happy to pay postage, and also understand that somebody would have to make a trip to the post office, but bearing in mind this is a good quality hotel, I would have thought that customer service and satisfaction should be more at the forefront. However, in summary this is a first class hotel with lovely warm friendly staff and superb food. Give it a try, but don't leave anything behind.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mia0407
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Thank you very much for your valued comments. I will pass these on to the staff involved. We do have a lovely group of people working here and they always make our guests feel very welcome. I am sorry that you felt disappointed with the afterservice for forgotten items. Unfortunately we do have to charge a handling fee. This obviously covers not only the journey to the post office which can take up to an hour, but also the packaging. We always try to ensure that a person's belongings reaches them safely and securely so we always use bubble wrap and special bags or boxes purchased from the post office. As we usually have to post several items each week we cannot offer this as a free service as much as we would like to. Overall I think you were pleased with your stay and I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wales
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel, Pembroke Dock, for 2 nights prior to our daughter's wedding on 1st September 2012. Being 'locals' we are very aware after attending various functions/meals of the high reputation the hotel has, but now we have had the pleasure of staying there too we felt we had to congratulate Thomas, the Hotel Manager, and all staff at the hotel for their professionalism, help and assistance in ensuring the wedding went smoothly and everyone had a wonderful day. The wedding cake was superb and decorated beautifully by Jackie at the hotel. We have received many compliments from wedding guests regarding their experience of the facilities at the hotel and feel we would like to pass these on to others. The room we stayed in was spacious, clean and quiet. The hotel is in the perfect location and ideal for guests who want to explore the local area and beauty of South Pembrokeshire. The food during the breakfast, wedding breakfast and evening reception was first class and we would once again like to pass on our thanks to all staff at the hotel. A big thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms are around a central courtyard and away from the main function room so you have a wonderfu...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pembs_traveller
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Wow! I am so pleased that your daughter, family and friends enjoyed their special day. I am very proud of the service we provide and it makes all the hard work worthwhile when we get comments like yours. I'm also glad you liked the cake. It was a pleasure to make and decorate. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We recently had a meal at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel and we were very impressed with the standard of food. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they made our day very special. We had family that came from London and they were extremely impressed and said that they will most definitely come again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am pleased that you were well looked after and look forward to your return.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I returned to my mother's birth place after 25 years. We stayed in the Cleddau Bridge Hotel which is in a beautiful position looking directly across to Neyland where my Grandmother had lived. The hotel is just beneath the Cleddau Bridge which gives you easy access to all the lovely surrounding places.The bar, restaurant and bedroom faced over the water and there was also a garden with tables and chairs to sit out and enjoy the view. The hotel staff were all very helpful, pleasant and polite. Our hotel room was a good size with all the usual amenities and clean.We did use the restaurant which was quite large and light with the delightful view. There is not a large choice of meals and unfortunately my husband's steak was rather tough. Also my seafood pasta had only flakes of white fish and 1 kingprawn,rather disappointing! Still the next night hubby was rewarded by a lovely gammon steak but I again chose the wrong meal as I had a bland small chicken leg on plain rice there was no colour in the meal at all. Don't let this put yopu off though just choose wisely and enjoy that view. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices which included my husbands favourite, kippers! Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would certainly go back.

Room Tip: It is a little extra but a seaview room is worth it.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer us feedback on your stay. I am pleased that you appreciated the views our hotel has to offer and that you noticed the efforts of the staff here. It is a real shame that you were disappointed with your food. I can, however, assure you that the person responsible was only here temporarily and is no longer with us. I hope that you do make a return visit and I can assure you that you will have no issues with the menu. Thanks once again for sharing your comments.
Pembrokeshire
Reviewed 9 July 2012

From the very first moment you step into the Cleddau Bridge Hotel you'll notice a feeling of togetherness. From the first class service that the staff offer you, to the exquisite food and professional service of the management. Every little detail is checked and all the boxes are ticked to give you the best possible holiday or wedding experience. Nothing is too much trouble, the management, Thomas & Jackie are always giving their best and will always look after their guests as if they're family.

We've been photographing wedding for over twenty five years (www.simeonlloyd.co.uk) and have attended countless weddings at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel, there's great photo opportunities over the river and it's always a pleasure to be there either at work or as a guest. It's a brilliant venue that comes highly recommended, a terrific venue for weddings.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you Simeon for your kind words. It's good to know that our efforts and those of the staff are appreciated.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in May on a Groupon weekend deal and were very happy with everything . We upgraded to sea view which was nice and the room was big. Breakfast was excellent but we ate out both nights due to other commitments. We would definetly stay there again. Great location to explore both sides of the bridge.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return. You can try our menu next time; you won't be disappointed.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We specifically asked for a non-smoking double. What we got was two beds put together and a room that smelt so strongly of cigarettes it was overwhelming, my husband and I were so disappointed. The breakfast was equally as bad, shrivelled cheap sausages and soggy bacon, certainly not the standard we are used to, or what we were expecting having paid £95.00 for the night.

I have since left negative feedback on another site and been bombarded with emails from the assistant manager insisting our room had been showed to a bride previous to our arrival and there was no way it smelt of cigarettes. I can assure you it did and I'm not in the habit of making up lies, I have never left a negative review anywhere. I expect I'll have a similar response after leaving this review.

I should have known staying in a 3 star not to expect too much but at £95.00 a night I've stayed in hotels far superior to this. Customer service afterwards is terrible, a simple email with an apology would have sufficed, instead I got lengthy emails full of excuses telling me I am wrong and no apology for the foul smelling room! Not acceptable.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Amy T
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
We would like to inform readers that the room most definitely did not smell of smoke and not only did the general manager and a future bride visit the room but the guest staying prior requested a non smoking room (so he evidently didn't smoke in the room) and the guest staying the night after also requested a non smoking room. Neither claim the room smelled of smoke.
Our apologies have been offered for the dissatisfaction with the breakfast and the noise from wedding guests. We endeavour to give an excellent level of service and always act upon constructive comments from our guests.

If anyone has a problem at the hotel, there is always someone available on the front desk to either move rooms should someone feel strongly enough to complain about an issue or resolve any other issues the guest may have.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Dock
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Slebech Park
Slebech Park
#3 of 6 in Haverfordwest

Been to Cleddau Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!