“Cleanest hotel I ever been in”

Cleddau Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pembroke Dock
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is spotless and I am very surprised to read the comments from the previous review about the sheets. I could not disagree enough. This hotel is well placed for the business traveller like myself to get a good nights sleep. The rooms are absolutely spotless. The receptionists were smiling and engaging, the breakfast staff were older ladies and were charming with a smile. Extremely professional as if in downtown abbey. The toast was the best toast I have managed to get in any hotel yet. Fresh bread and proper toasters, not the ones that give the toast a quick singe. Now for the advice for the hotel, to get people to stay in the hotel to eat and drink, offer a package deal for the room, dinner and breakfast. This will keep the guest in. I usually stay in Britannia hotels who offer this.

• Stayed: November 2012
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words and of course, your advice. At the moment we are offering a 10% discount for all residents which is proving popular but I will keep your idea in mind as a future consideration. I will inform the staff of your comments as they love positive feedback for their hard work. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Took the family for sunday carvary ( something we do on a very regular basis), and as usual was superb. Lovely meats and plenty of veg. The staff are excellent and is a very enjoyable venue to have sunday lunch. Prob the best in pembrokeshire! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. I agree our Carvery really is probably the best in Pembrokeshire. Look forward to you joining us again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed here as a member of my family was getting married in pembrokeshire. Checked in all seemed friendly and hostile. Went into the bedroom and bedding was dirty. Must not of been changed from previous guests. My wife complained to a member of staff and a lady came to see us and the bedroom she said it had been changed, she did get someone to change the sheets. Maybe an hour later we we t for our meal and i had asked for well done steak, came out on my plate dripping of blood, asked for it to be done again and the chef must of threw it back on for a couple of seconds and was still red inside. I did do a complaint sheet whether it has been looked at or not i dont know. Defiantly will NEVER stay there again. All i can say is please check your sheets and meat before hand if you consider staying there.

• Stayed: October 2012
8  Thank jeffvag
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

After you left your response I contacted you to ask for further details as I was unable to locate your stay with us on our computer system. I am still awaiting a reply but while I was awaiting your response I investigated your claims.
During October you could have only stayed on one of two weekends as we had our own wedding on one and a German group on the other. There were no other guests staying during those times and all left positive feedback on their room comment cards.
The other two weekends we had only contractors staying with us and a few couples. I have now contacted every couple who stayed with us during October and everyone commented on what a lovely stay they had with us.
Just to consolidate my findings, I went through every room comment card and was able to place one for every couple staying during October. Not one of the cards mentioned about dirty laundry or problems with food.
I also checked through our computer system for a couple where one person had ordered a steak as we keep records not only of food paid for but also for any wastage: again there were no steaks ordered which cannot be accounted for.
Hence, I am not really sure what I can say to you as there is absolutely no record of your stay with us and I can only deduce that you must have made a mistake and stayed elsewhere and written your response on our page in error.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel on about six occasions now, all on business. Positioned over the Cleddau Estuary, the views from the hotel are stunning.

If I were to visit Pembrokeshire for pleasure and exploring this great county, I would certainly stay at the Cleddau Bridge.

The hotel is situated well away from traffic noise.

The hotel is conveniently situated adjacent to the Cleddau Bridge which is the main access to north and south Pembrokeshire. The bridge has a toll costing 75p each way, but you can purchase a book of tickets that work out much cheaper.

Apart from the numerous walks to be had around Pembroke, other attractions include Pembroke Castle, Carew Castle, sailing, nature reserves and fishing. Another great place to visit is an area called the Lilly Ponds near the village of Bosherston.

The positives:

Very clean rooms.
Good food including evening meal and breakfast.
Friendly staff.
Very convenient for business people like me visiting the local oil refineries and gas plants.
Good value for money.
Conveniently located to attractions in Pembrokeshire.
Ample car parking spaces.

The negatives:

None.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is comments like yours which make this profession so rewarding. I look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you will get the opportunity to make it a holiday next time.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

We have recently visited the cleddau bridge hotel on three different occasions in the last two weeks. The first time we just visited for a coffee. Sat in the very comfortable bar with great views over the cleddau estuary and enjoyed an excellent cappucino and a great latte. The next time we ate in the restaurant from the a la carte menu. Again great views though it was night time - the lights of neyland and the estuary lit up by firework displays. The food was great , goat cheese tartlet and salad for me and gammon for my partner with excellent chips ( 9 out of 10 for the chips). The third time we visited was this evening. This time two of us ate from the indian menu and one from the a la carte. The pork belly from the a la carte was delicious. The two indian meals we ordered were absolutely exceptional, some of the best Indian food we have eaten. Absolutely great food and amazing value and great service. Do try it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for your very positive comments and I appreciate that you have taken the time to share them.
Our new team of chefs have worked tirelessly to create the new menu and we all think they are doing an amazing job.
It is brilliant that people like yourselves feel the same.
I look forward to your next visit and hope that we can continue to impress you.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

stayed for the weekend after a family wedding near neath.very good hotel,the room was really nice with a lovely view over the bridge and estuary.it was very comfortable.and very clean.the food was really good,the evening meal on saturday was a treat,and desserts are brill.!!!!also breakfast was very good..the staff were all very nice and helpful if we needed anything....a good place to explore the area...we would definately stay again if in the area

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments.

All the staff here are very conscientious and enjoy their efforts being recognised. It will be a great pleasure to pass on your praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cleddau Bridge Hotel last weekend, and were extremely impressed. The room was very spacious and overlooked the bridge and estuary and the huge bed was really comfortable. All the staff we encountered were really friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were absolutely superb, and probably amongst the best we've had anywhere. The only minus was after we got home. My husband left his mobile phone charger in the room, so after phoning the hotel, they offered to post it to us, but only if in addition to the postage, we paid a handling charge of £3.50. I'm perfectly happy to pay postage, and also understand that somebody would have to make a trip to the post office, but bearing in mind this is a good quality hotel, I would have thought that customer service and satisfaction should be more at the forefront. However, in summary this is a first class hotel with lovely warm friendly staff and superb food. Give it a try, but don't leave anything behind.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mia0407

Thank you very much for your valued comments. I will pass these on to the staff involved. We do have a lovely group of people working here and they always make our guests feel very welcome. I am sorry that you felt disappointed with the afterservice for forgotten items. Unfortunately we do have to charge a handling fee. This obviously covers not only the journey to the post office which can take up to an hour, but also the packaging. We always try to ensure that a person's belongings reaches them safely and securely so we always use bubble wrap and special bags or boxes purchased from the post office. As we usually have to post several items each week we cannot offer this as a free service as much as we would like to. Overall I think you were pleased with your stay and I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Dock
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Lamphey Hall Hotel
Lamphey Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lamphey

Been to Cleddau Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!