“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pembroke Dock
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

i got to experience the good and bad side of the hotel, The staff were friendly and the service was efficient however the quality of the food compared to the price is not acceptable. I would have been better off having a local takeaway as the food would have been cooked and affordable.I ordered a sirloin steak and asked for it to be medium and it was,sadly, as my husband put it "dripping with blood". When I saw the "photos" of food served there "posted by management" I realised these were photos from a restaurants website in Rasoi ,Swansea. If the manager decided to improve the menu and not indulge in false advertisement then I would come again.

Room Tip: Have a room overlooking the cleddau estuary.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Harriet O
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately there is no record of your stay here in December. We are completely against any form of false advertising which is why all the dishes we claim to have been served in our restaurant have in fact been served here. As anyone in the local area knows we have regularly held Indian Evenings with the executive chef from an authentic restaurant reproducing his own dishes. These are the dishes we advertise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Only stayed the one night but couldn't fault the reception and service we received. Our room was well appointed with a nice view over the courtyard with fountain and flower beds/hanging baskets. Staff were all very pleasant especially the young lady who served us drinks in the afternoon. We were there primarily to support a Charity event that the hotel was kindly hosting. Although we didn't have an evening meal we were catered for with roast pork in rolls and fries with a selection of sauces etc. One word - delicious!! Our evenings entertainment comprised 4 of the best Elvis Tributes on the circuit - absolutely brilliant, the room was bouncing. Drinks were what you would expect pay at such a venue, but all the bar staff were pleasant and efficient. In the morning we both had breakfast in the dining room overlooking the Milford Sound estuary. Ample selection of cereal, toast, croissants, full English etc. Would highly recommend as a place to stay, especially for a special occasion. Will certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: Outside rooms would be quiter on account of people crossing the courtyard late at night. Also try an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen J
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to offer your very positive opinion of our hotel. I also completely agree with you that the Elvis tribute evening was amazing. I hope we managed to raise a lot of money for Ty Hafan Hospice. It is a very worthwhile cause. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
somerset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

After reading some of the previous postings I have to say that my husband and I are more than happy with our stay (so far)! Caroline L from Cardiff..."overpriced"? I think NOT! We have paid £80 a night for a large double room overlooking the estuary with a great breakfast. I am always on the look out for value and so I did look around the area, before I booked, at other accommodation and prices. I could have stayed in the Travel Lodge for £79 per night .....very basic and no breakfast. I could have stayed in a B & B for £60-70 but they did not have the facilities this hotel provides; bar, restaurant, pleasant seating areas, nice views and most importantly excellent parking. So we consider this excellent value! Steve S..." similar to a Premier Inn but bedrooms were smaller"? I think NOT! We have stayed in Premier Inns all over the country and the bedroom we have here (No 41) is far superior to a Premier Inn room. The bed is huge.... 2 singles 'zipped' together. The bathroom is on a par, size wise, with a PI. Steve S also refers to the buffet style breakfast in a derogatory manner. We personally liked the buffet breakfast...even the cooked element Steve...I like to choose what and how much I have on my plate. I am always fair in my reviews so I will say that the bathroom, although clean and modern, could do with a better looking shower. We have not had a breakfast menu on our table and it was not until reading another review that I knew that you could have scrambled eggs, kippers or porridge made to order.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SomersetKatie
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
I would like to say a heartfelt thank you for your support. It is so nice when our guests appreciate what we offer.
The showers are functional but I accept your comment that they could be better. We have a rolling programme for redecoration and modernisation and this is something we will be looking at.
I am disappointed that there was no menu on your table at breakfast. I have purchased new ones so there really is no excuse. We have had new members of staff but they should know by now. The restaurant manager is holding a staff meeting will all waiting staff to resolve any breakfast issues.
Thank you again for your wonderful comments.
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night while away for work. Nice enough, pleasant staff and very clean but decor felt like it could use an update. double room very small. no real complaints but certainly not worth £80/night.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Caroline L
Thank you for offering your feedback for your stay with us.

I am pleased that you felt the staff looked after you well. It is something we are very proud of.

I don't feel that I can agree with your comments about the decor and the price however.

We are constantly decorating to maintain the high standard we have set ourselves and although there may be cosmetic issues occasionally as with any busy hotel we endeavour to improve these as soon as possible.

Our prices are in line with any 3* hotel, some may even say offering a lot more than most.

I do appreciate that everyone's views are different and will take your comments in the constructive way you intended. Thank you again.
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed there 14th and 15th July whilst visiting family in Milford Haven. The service, room, breakfast and staff was just perfect. We would highly recommend this hotel and would most certainly stay there again. It was clean, comfortable and excellent value for money. Thank you.

1 Thank Catherine P
I would like to say a big thank you for your very positive review. It is very uplifting and makes the job all the more worthwhile. Thank you
New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Just stayed for one night but really enjoyed it. All the rooms overlooking the river were booked so we had one of the rear rooms. It was a good size and very clean. The bar and restaurant overlook the river. The staff were exceedingly helpful and gave us some great advice.

A great, even if short, stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
1 Thank Brunei110
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps you can visit us for longer next time.
Somerset UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Booked last minute for a couple of nights here, to get a taste of the Pembroke Coast.We were warmly greeted and very impressed by the great views from the public rooms (and I would guess some bedrooms) over the River Cleddau.

We had a decent sized room, with comfortable beds, a large wardrobe and a desk. I would guess that it had been recently redecorated. All was clean and well presented. As far as the room goes my only niggle would be that, as it was a ground floor room looking out over unfenced lawn and then a public road, we were unwilling to leave our windows open at night or when we were out of the room, despite it being very warm. It would be very easy to put on the kind of catch that allows the window to be opened perhaps a couple of inches to allow air but not burglars to enter! (Many hotels have these!) .

Breakfast, included in the room price was plentiful and though buffet style, there were well cooked eggs and delicious bacon, as well as the usual array of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and toast.. We also had one evening meal in the hotel. The restaurant has an ambitious menu, (not cheap) and though we were very happy with the salt marsh lamb and pork we ordered...it was disappointing that the vegetables were very overcooked. However the waiting staff were on the ball, and most helpful.

This hotel is very well placed and trying hard. We would be happy stay here again if we were in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mhrjh14
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to offer your feedback.

I appreciate your comments about security. We are looking into having catches fitted.

I apologise that the vegetables were not cooked to your liking. I have informed the chefs of your comment.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete your review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Dock
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
Slebech Park
Slebech Park
#3 of 7 in Haverfordwest

Been to Cleddau Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!