“A decent hotel in a great location”

Cleddau Bridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pembroke Dock
“A decent hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Myself and my partner stayed on August Bank holiday weekend.

A good hotel offering good and friendly service. The hotel is looking a little run down and slightly stuck in the 1980's but there than that we enjoyed our stay.

Breakfast on bank holiday Monday was a tad manic. Maybe more tables are needed on such busy days?! Also, we were unable to get any wifi signal and were offered no password by reception upon checking. Our shower head was broken (room 14) and a large iron stain on the carpet were the only let downs to our stay.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel or a flying visit.

• Stayed August 2013
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and recommending a stay here at our hotel.
I am a little disappointed that you think the hotel is run down and stuck in the 80's. We make a lot of effort in maintaining the decoration and the hotel actually had a complete refurbishment only 6 years ago. Thank you for letting us know about the shower head. This was replaced immediately. There have been a few accidents recently and the iron marks on the carpet will be removed as soon as we can get the job completed.
I am really sorry that you couldn't receive a WiFi signal or that you were not given the password on arrival.
Breakfast on the bank holiday should have been an enjoyable experience for you and I can only apologise that this was not the case. We try to give a generous amount of time for breakfast and cannot always predict when guests will join us. Unfortunately all guests decided to join us for breakfast at the same time during your stay.
Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The staff here at Cleddau Bridge Hotel cannot do enough to make your stay memorable, in a good way.
The rooms are well equipped and free WIFI to boot.
Plenty to see and do in the area.
The food is good, especially the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your very positive comments. I will pass on your praise to the whole team as it's a joint effort. Hopefully we will welcome you back in the future.
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

booked what I thought as a very gud priced 3 star hotel was very pleased 2 find that it was way more than that,the restaurant served the best belly pork I have had in a while the breakfast was superb en suite was a wee bit small kept chasing the toilet roll lol ,would I stay again hell yeah :)

1 Thank dragoness05
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I completely agree with you that the belly pork is excellent. It is a very popular dish and we get many compliments about it.

Unfortunately I am unable to do anything about the size of the ensuite bathroom. Although they are a standard hotel size with all of the necessary facilities we cannot claim that they are spacious.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return in the future.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Pleasantly surprised when we first saw our room. It was quite large and the double bed was also big (2 singles pushed together). Problems soon became apparent - too hot and no aircon - luckily we weren't in a heat wave. The room we were in had no wi-fi or mobile signal. We were also about as far as we could get from the front entrance and down a long flight of stairs so carrying luggage to the room was a bit of a trek.

Had a meal in the hotel restaurant the first evening and it was disappointing. The food was acceptable but nothing special and we felt it was overpriced. Bar prices however were reasonable and service was good. Breakfast was quite good.

Great view over the estuary from the restaurant but our room had a restricted view to some houses accross the road

Overall view is that it was on the whole, OK. Probably slightly better than the well known budget hotels and slightly more expensive.

3 Thank alanl726
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

You had a room in the newest part of the hotel where the rooms are extremely large with ziplock beds creating superkingsize doubles. Although there is one set of stairs to the lower floor of bedrooms we have never had a complaint about the length of the journey. Should you stay again perhaps you could request a room closer to reception.

We do not have air conditioning in the bedrooms at present. This is something we are looking into as part of our rolling programme of renovation and refurbishment.

There is a router placed in the extension offering an excellent wifi signal. To use our free wifi service a code is needed which is always offered by the reception staff on check in. I am sorry that you were unable to use this free service. We have never had a complaint about mobile signal before so I am unable to make a comment on this. Perhaps there was a problem with the service provider that day?

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our food prices. You have to take into account 20% vat as well as the costs involved with running a restaurant. Despite this, our prices are still competitive with other food providers in the area.

Our waiting staff always check with guests that everything is acceptable with their meal a few minutes after serving. On the day you ate with us there were no negative comments made. I understand that not everyone likes to complain to the staff but it certainly helps to know what the problems are at the time so that they can be resolved. Without more information I am unable to comment on the food you were served.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Lovley staff views great right over the dock stayed for 7 nights to travel the west coast, rooms good clean staff very helpful breakfast lovley best poached eggs i have eaten however evening meal x 1 not good whole main meal unplesant served with mouldy veg (starter was lovley) we ate outside of the hotel after having this experience, however this would not put me off from staying here again apart from above overall good.

Room Tip: odd numbers look into the courtyard even numbers look into the car park rooms can sometimes get a li...
1 Thank Lynne E
Thank you for your feedback and the fact that you would like to return.

I would just like to pick up the point you made about mouldy vegetables however. All of our vegetables are cooked fresh daily: they would most certainly not have been mouldy. In fact, what you took to be mould would have been the marks that you sometimes get on cauliflower. The pork belly that was served alongside the vegetables was perfectly cooked although you declined to try it.
I wish the chef had come out of the kitchen to discuss this with you as the matter could have been resolved at the time. Unfortunately due to your rather public exclamation in a full restaurant the waiting staff felt intimidated to act upon your accusation.
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my my husband had our wedding reception here Saturday 20th July 2013. I could not fault any aspect of our day. The sit down meal was enjoyed by all 120 of our guests as wasthe pig roast in the evening for 200 guests. All the staff worked extremely hard and were jolly and very attentive. Everything was laid out just as I had asked for it and I was not an easy bride. A massive thank you goes to everybody that worked our wedding who made it the most memorable day we shall ever have.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank natashton
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
We love weddings here and I think it shows by your reaction to how the staff looked after you on your special day. I will make sure they see your very positive comments. They have a lot to be proud of. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions and we all wish you the very best for your married life together.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay and have to say it was one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. I must also mention Liam, the night staff, on numerous occasions he went above and beyond making my partner a cup of tea at 3am so she could take her medication, printing off directions for us on more than 1 occasion, carrying our luggage to the car for us, and making us feel at home every time we spoke to him. A very entertaining character and an asset to the hotel. I must also congratulate the chefs, every meal was as good as the last and were cooked to perfection, we will definitely be staying there again next time we visit Pembrokeshire, a massive thankyou to all.

Room Tip: Ask for the back part of the hotel
1 Thank david s
What wonderful praise for Liam. Much deserved I might add as you are not the first guests to notice his willingness to go the extra mile. As you say, a real asset. I will also pass on your compliments to the chefs. It is really appreciated when guests make the effort to highlight the positive aspects of their stay. We all look forward to welcoming you on your return to Pembrokeshire.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Dock
Slebech Park
#3 of 6 in Haverfordwest
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Wolfscastle Country Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Cleddau Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!