“Very comfortable”

Cleddau Bridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pembroke Dock
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed Thursday 20th March for one night.
Easy to find, very large car park, only about 200yds from the bridge and only 300yds from the technology centre.
Nice welcome, looked clean.
Room 24 was more a suite than a room, TV lounge with large flat screen then bedroom with small TV. Lovely modern bathroom off the Tv lounge, very clean, excellent facilities. Free shampoo, shower gel and bar of soap.
The bed was lurvelly!
Wifi is free and at check-in I was give a slip of paper with the password. Wifi worked well that evening, however in the morning it was not available, presumably only available evenings is a policy?
I asked if I could print our some letters and was given an email address for the purpose. I sent the files and the receptionist immediately printed them out. There were about 20 pages and I was charged £5; I was perfectly happy with that.
We arrived, after a 6 hour drive from Cambridge, at about 9.15pm having called ahead to ask what time the restaurant closed (9.30pm BTW) and we sat down about 9.25pm. Friendly and helpful waitress with good sense of humour.
I ordered the Goats cheese starter, with salad and it arrived with some freshly toasted French stick slices (may have been Welsh stick of course!) and a really nice brown roll. Enjoyed it with a pint of Caffreys beer; very smooth.
Main course was Sea Bass with boiled new potatoes and vegetables. This wasn't the best part of the stay, but let me be fair, it was now approaching 10pm. The orange sauce was very strong and dominant, it completely overwhelmed the fish and not in a nice way. The Sea Bass was quite diminutive, not much flesh at all, however the pots and veggies were nice.
Desert was a Welsh cheese cake, most of which I left sadly. The base was nice, but eating the cheese cake was like eating thickened double whipping cream, not fluffy as is more normal with cheesecake.
Nice coffee
Our waitress was attentive and a perfect hostess.
Breakfast was superb, with a wide range of continental and cooked food.
I will be staying here again without any hesitation, even though my meal had not been ideal, but next time I'll arrive at a more decent time.
In short the staff could not have been more helpful and I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed with two colleagues. Whilst I was very pleased with room 24 it appears there are some older...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you very much for your complimentary review. I am sorry that you couldn't receive a wifi signal in the morning but it should always be available free of charge.
I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff involved during your stay.
With regard to your food, I have spoken to the head chef who says that usually the seabass dish is popular and the choron sauce is served on the side so that guests can take as little or as much as they like. I am sorry that you didn't like it. With regard to the cheesecake I am disappointed to find out that the usual recipe was not used and standards had slipped. I have spoken to all of the chefs and they have assured me that this carelessness will not happen again. Thank you once again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We go to Pembroke on business once a month and stay here when not staying with friends who live 45 mins away. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with huge beds where we sleep like logs and wake up to the glorious view over the estuary and a comprehensive, beautifully-prepared buffet breakfast. The staff always seem genuinely pleased to see us and to help in any way they can. The wi-Fi is free and reliable, so I can usually get quite a bit of work done as well. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for estuary view - or a suite if staying for more than one night - it costs very little more.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

It is always a pleasure when the hotel and staff receive compliments like this. We all love working here and I think it shows. We have an excellent team and I will certainly share your review with everyone. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here one night, I arrived very late at night but no issues there.
The room was huge, a super kingsize bed and very comfortable it was, great facilities in the room, free wifi .
My room was quite far to walk , but no big deal, it would be for older folk.
Breakfast was nice fresh and hot and plentiful, well done

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you. I will pass on your comments to the staff. They will be extremely pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have stayed at the Cleddau Bridge several times, the first time many a year ago i was so impressed to have a change from the normal high street hotel chains, that i returned and it was up to the standard that i was use to from the well sighted hotel located overlooking the estuary, the accomodation and facilities are very homley and staff courteous, i do not expect gold service when at hotels but this hotel gives the general welcome and comfort you would expect when staying away.
The restaurant food was very good a welcoming change from the general fast food menus you get a the premiere high street chains.
i now only use this hotel when i am out at the west coast of wales.

Room Tip: "overlooking the bay if they have a room"
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is lovely to hear that you feel well looked after when you visit us. The food has been receiving lots of excellent comments and I can only compliment the hard working team we have in the kitchen at the moment. They have a wealth of experience and I think it shows. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We used to live in Pembrokeshire so are very familiar with the area and know this hotel well.
We've stayed here about 4 times now when we've been back to visit family etc and have enjoyed every stay.
It's extremely well located with views over the Haven,easy to find with excellent, safe parking etc.
Always a very friendly greeting on reception. We've always opted for a sea view room which is well worth paying that little bit extra for. The rooms and communal areas are very clean and comfortable; very modern bathroom with shower over bath. They put a little bed in for our 4 year old which is nice.
Nice relaxing bar area where again you can enjoy the views as you can in the restaurant.
Overall a very nice place to stay indeed and I would recommend it.
A few niggles to mention;
Pillows are so hard, never slept on such a hard pillow- Didn't sleep very well on last visit.
Slightly overpriced at around £100 per night for a sea view room (this is what we paid for our last visit which was booked by a relative as there were quite a few family members staying as we were attending a funeral).
Breakfast not the best I've had and staff were slow replenishing items which had run out. For example there were no mushrooms (we didn't go late for breakfast).

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank WalesSam

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much that you keep coming back. That is very good news for us.
I am disappointed that you weren't looked after at breakfast. We usually have very good reviews of the breakfast and I can only apologise for this and ensure that with continued staff training this will not occur again.

I feel that the price you paid was very good value. Not only were you given a free upgrade but you had additional guests at no extra cost. If this was not the case I would be pleased to discuss this further with you.
Thank you again for your comments and hopefully you will have a perfect stay next time.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed for two nights over Christmas. Room very clean with brilliant bed! Bathroom a good size and kept meticulously clean, even on Christmas day. Breakfast varied and all you could ask for. Pleasantly surprised!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharmlover01_11
CleddauHotel, Manager at Cleddau Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your comments and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We run a very happy hotel here and the staff reflect this with their attitude to work and customers. I look forward to greeting you again in the future when you will be pleasantly surprised once again.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I would just like to say a big thank you to the staff for a great Christmas dinner, all of it was excellent, I have had many a lunch and dinner here since my husband passed away in January and the warmth and compassion I have received specially by one member of staff in the upstairs bar has touched me so much. There has not been one meal that I could fault and I now take my family and friends as I know I will not be let down by either the food or the professionalism of the staff. The managers wife even took the time to come to the table and talk to myself and a widowed friend of mine, I really cannot praise them all enough, and thank you to the chef for a Christmas dinner which in every way could not have been better, Thank you for making a very difficult day easier to bear.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your views. I have passed on your praise of Maz. She is delighted that her support has been appreciated and glad that she has been able to go someway to help during your difficult time.
I enjoyed speaking to you both on Christmas day and am also delighted that you not only enjoyed your meal but that you felt that you were able to celebrate with us during difficult circumstances. I will pass on your excellent comments to the chefs who did work extremely hard that day.
I look forward to welcoming you for many more events and will keep you informed via email.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Dock
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Grove of Narberth
Grove of Narberth
#1 of 1 in Molleston

Been to Cleddau Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!