“Recommended ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Recommended ”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights on a business trip to Pembroke Dock. Having been disappointed by the food at The Shipwright on the first night, I thought I'd try somewhere different on the second and chose The Welshman's Arms instead. I'm very pleased that I did. The interior is cosy and inviting. The welcome could not have been warmer, including that from Henry, the pub's enormous (and very gentle) Irish Wolfhound. Only one real ale was on (a wider choice would have been nice), but what I had was well kept and reasonably priced (£2.90 a pint). The food was cooked to order by Jenny, who was happy to cook pretty much anything you asked for. My chicken breast wrapped in bacon came on a huge plate with excellent sauté potatoes, homemade coleslaw, beetroot, onion rings and a salad. Really good honest pub food. £12.50, which was good value considering the size of the portion. I was even given a free bowl of homemade tomato soup before my main, just because they wanted to know what I thought. It was delicious, packed with flavour. If you find yourself in Pembroke Dock, I would definitely recommend a visit. I hear the Sunday roasts are good too.

3 Thank David H

Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
“Great value! ”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times in last 12 months. Food is normal pub fair, huge portions and reasonably priced. If in area, it's one we go for!

Tenby, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely place and warm welcome”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

After a big storm, we found this place to try to get dry due the weather and drink just a warm coffee, the place it was very good decorate and clean, we had a coffee and 1 of my friend had a massive fish & chips and he said it was great, nice company also with the owner dog,Henry i think, i hug irish wolfhound so cut. I really recommend to stay once to have a great evening. Happy Crhistmas

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Z_R_Martin
“Jennifer, the landlady continues to keep a real welcome and the food is brilliant as always.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

What can you say? I've been working away from home for 35 years and stay at digs, b&b's and hotels so I always stay here, when I work in the area.
The wecome is just outstanding and the food is always excellent.
But wait there's more...... wait till you meet Henry.
Now that is a surprise.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Ritchie293
Paris, France
“Great place and great people !”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I keep a perfect remind about the night I spent in this pub/restaurant. And if I cross Pembroke Dock again, you can be sure that I'm going to spend another one !

• Visited July 2013