“The Welshmans Arms.. place to be :)”
Review of The Welshmans Arms

The Welshmans Arms
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke Dock
Cuisines: British, Pub, Welsh
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was new to Wales.. and now I feel so welcomed.. The hospitality.. the warmth..care.. no agenda... so pure...Can't believe .. we can get this sort experience these days,,,,, please pass my thanks to staff.. great team.. Thanks again...

7  Thank Navdeep K

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights on a business trip to Pembroke Dock. Having been disappointed by the food at The Shipwright on the first night, I thought I'd try somewhere different on the second and chose The Welshman's Arms instead. I'm very pleased that I did. The interior is cosy and inviting. The welcome could not have been warmer, including that from Henry, the pub's enormous (and very gentle) Irish Wolfhound. Only one real ale was on (a wider choice would have been nice), but what I had was well kept and reasonably priced (£2.90 a pint). The food was cooked to order by Jenny, who was happy to cook pretty much anything you asked for. My chicken breast wrapped in bacon came on a huge plate with excellent sauté potatoes, homemade coleslaw, beetroot, onion rings and a salad. Really good honest pub food. £12.50, which was good value considering the size of the portion. I was even given a free bowl of homemade tomato soup before my main, just because they wanted to know what I thought. It was delicious, packed with flavour. If you find yourself in Pembroke Dock, I would definitely recommend a visit. I hear the Sunday roasts are good too.

3  Thank David H
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times in last 12 months. Food is normal pub fair, huge portions and reasonably priced. If in area, it's one we go for!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

After a big storm, we found this place to try to get dry due the weather and drink just a warm coffee, the place it was very good decorate and clean, we had a coffee and 1 of my friend had a massive fish & chips and he said it was great, nice company also with the owner dog,Henry i think, i hug irish wolfhound so cut. I really recommend to stay once to have a great evening. Happy Crhistmas

1  Thank Z_R_Martin
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

What can you say? I've been working away from home for 35 years and stay at digs, b&b's and hotels so I always stay here, when I work in the area.
The wecome is just outstanding and the food is always excellent.
But wait there's more...... wait till you meet Henry.
Now that is a surprise.