“Simply the best”

Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The attention to detail from the moment of first contact is what stands out.
Jayne even sent a text with a recommended taxi service for us to call when we arrived at the station (I thoroughly recommend Jock's Taxis too!) .
The rooms are beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean, everything was cleaned daily. Breakfast held a multitude of choice, all of which was delicious. Having stayed in some pretty up-market hotels over the years I can tell you that Jayne could teach them a few lessons on cleanliness and customer service.
Jayne could not have been more helpful throughout our stay and I would highly recommend her to you.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have just returned from a five night stay at Fields Lodge, and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone that wants to enjoy the Pembrokeshire Coastline.

We booked our stay last minute, and also needed to arrive very late on our first night. Jayne could not have been more accommodating, leaving a welcome note (including her mobile number) in case we had any problems. we immediately felt very welcome and relaxed and this feeling continued throughout our stay.

Jayne's attention to detail is outstanding! the rooms were scrupulously clean, with fresh Welsh cakes and a 'pillow chocolate' for each of us waiting when we returned each evening. helpful booklets including places to visit, local walks and attractions were in each room. more information, maps and books were also available in the lounge. Each day the local tide times and weather were available in the hallway, along with any local events that may have been of interest.

It was impossible not to relax and enjoy ourselves. and for any blokes out there who judge a hotel/B&B by it's breakfast, you will not be disappointed... well cooked, plentiful, enough toast and coffee, and enough Butter! I've been lucky enough to stay in some quite posh hotels and Fields Lodge has surpassed them all. We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have field views. Our room (Sandy Haven Bay) was I think the smallest but was beautifully...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben W
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My second stay at Fields Lodge whilst working in the area and the only place that I try to stay, rooms being available.

The attention to detail is amazing. Even down to the telescope in the windowsill to watch boats in the cove!

Very clean and spacious with lovely gardens to sit and relax in.

Wifi that is fast enough to stream with too as amassed bonus.

I'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
Jaynem64, Owner at Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. I am so pleased that you have benefited from the free wi-fi that is available in every room, I felt it was important to offer it right through the property, not just in the public areas, I am glad you have enjoyed! Maybe when you next stay you can enjoy some more time watching ships from the seat in your bedroom window, as an antidote to busy working-let's hope it's not too long before you stay again! Thanks very much for your kind feedback, I look forward to welcoming you again soon, Jayne

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My partner and myself stayed here for four nights at the end of August whilst exploring pembrokeshires countryside. The owner was absent but we were served by a lovely lady called keely who made our stay comfortable and relaxing. The bathroom was amazing and cleaned daily as was the barroom! The beds were exceptionally comfortable and we had a selection of teas in the room which were needed after a long day! Our breakfast was exceptional and I honestly felt like we were staying in a boutique hotel! Certainly somewhere to go!!!! I'd even go as far as saying the b&b is under charging because the quality screams £150 a night not £69. :-)! Thank you for a comfortable stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed as part of a diving group over the Bank Holiday Weekend. we fared substantially better than friends who stayed nearby.
The rooms were beautifully presented, all with a diffrent theme, and with the most comfortable bed i can remenber sleeping on. The ensuite was spacious, scrupilously clean and with copious quantities of hot water.
There was a wide choice of breakfast's on offer, including Kippers, smoked salmon, berrie fruits , all locally sourced, and seved with genuine warmth.and hospitality.
The gardens are lush and will easy parking for residents.
We will return!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Jayne has furnished her B&B beautifully, & her attention to detail shows in everything she does. Everything from the beds, pillows, shower & accessories, great breakfasts, sweets in reception, ideas for things to do locally, daily weather forecast, & the lovely lounge area was done really thoughtfully & well - & it was a real pleasure to stay there. Jayne also couldn't have been more helpful - so, all in all a great start to our Pembrokeshire Coast Path walk. Thanks Jayne.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Jaynem64, Owner at Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am delighted that you had a great start to your walk, it's my pleasure to make guests feel at home and I love it when guests use the lounge and really enjoy the facilities that I provide. I do hope your walk of the Path went well and that you have enjoyed Pembrokeshire, all the very best, Jayne x

Reviewed 19 August 2012

One night's stay only, sadly - the most welcoming and hospitable B&B I have ever stayed in. Amazing attention to detail and provision of all comforts, including wine/cider/chocolate on an honesty-box basis. Host Jayne could not be more accommodating or helpful. All beautifully decorated, tasteful artifacts around, residents' lounge full of info and books, chocolates in the hall which you are invited to eat, light and airy. Fab breakfast with fresh fruit berry mix offered along with imaginative range of food to suit all tastes. Locally-sourced ingredients.

REALLY recommended.

1  Thank BadSleeper

I am delighted that you felt at home, and enjoyed the extra touches that I provide to make your stay memorable. I am pleased that you enjoyed my locally sourced breakfast, I think it makes for a great start to a day's holiday! Maybe next time you could enjoy a slightly longer stay and work your way through the all the choices on the breakfast menu!! Thanks very much for writing a review-I really do appreciate it, Jayne x

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford Haven
#1 of 2 in Pembroke Dock
Lovesgrove Country Guest House
Lovesgrove Country Guest House
#1 of 14 in Pembroke Dock

Been to Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!