“My favourite B&B in the World”

Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I have stayed in 1000's of Bed & Breakfast accomodations throught the UK, Ireland and Europe and many rooms hotels from low cost budget rooms to the very to luxury resort properties.
Today I had a business meeting and booked a room at Fields Lodge at the very last minute and was so pleased that Jayne had a room available.
I felt as welcome as I have done in anywhere I have ever stayed and as a Bed and Breakfast I would have to give it Five Stars all the way. When I arrived I went for a nice run down to the beach and along the country lanes followed by a wonderful shower after which I chilled in a thick bath room and slippers... and ate the complimentary Welsh Cakes that were in my room.. they were a first! The bed was so comfortable and when I woke up this morning I felt so refreshed I went for another run before breakfast and took some lovely photographs of the swans in sea.
I had the most wonderful breakfast, beautiful selection of fresh fruit, blueberries, strawberrys, rasberry's, grapefruit, yogurt, granola and juice, followed by a cooked breakfast to die for!.
Jayne was the perfect host and my all to short stay set me up for the day and I will go out of my way to stay in this jewel of a B&B again, in fact I am going to book a few days holiday and just chill out there and relax.... it is a good 3 and a half hour drive from my home but it will be worth it just to have the pleasure of staying there again. Highly recommended and extremely reasonably priced for the quality, service, atmoshphere and lovely surrounding. Robert Burn Taunton
ps the Fitness Centre relates to my run along the Beach !!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobRun26

Reviewed 21 April 2013

The weather in Pembrokeshire was fab and I'm sure if she could Jayne would have planned this too. A lovely B&B, with some really nice touches including a piece of home made cake on our arrival. Enormous bed with crisp white linen, everything spotlessly clean. Mega breakfast and lots of choice. Not much to do in the village of Herbrandston (except a friendly pub) but it is convenient for local exploration. Just down the lane is access to Sandy Haven which is really quiet - don't drive down there unless you've got a 4x4 otherwise you'll have to reverse back up the lane - which is what we had to do! The only downside is the view of the oil refinery which was lit up like an episode of Dr Who in the night but this didn't spoil our stay. Definitely hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: Only went in to one room but it was at the front and very light and airy with a small dressing room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Needed to find a place close to Milford, in order to visit family. What a wonderful find. Nothing was too much trouble and Jayne's attention to detail is second to none. Food was superb, room was a very comfortable home from home.
Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for a night over Easter 2013, and enjoyed our stay. Our room was lovely, nice and clean and comfortable superking-size bed.

Breakfast was delicious - probably the best part of our stay. The location of the bed and breakfast was perhaps the only slight negative - with the local power station dominating views of the otherwise lovely countryside.

Location best suited to walkers - not a great deal else in the area to do. But, bed and breakfast itself was great and the host, Jane, was really attentive. A nice place to stay if you are ever in the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just returned from our second stay at Fields Lodge. Great B&B which has a homely feel to it and nice views. I particularly look forward to the breakfasts, which are really tasty and make use of local produce.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Attention to detail was superb and Jayne was an exceptional hostess. The best B&B we have visited and would thoroughly recommend a visit. Jayne used local, fresh produce for her breakfast and a wide variety of delicious choices were available. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have stayed in all the rooms over the last year whilst visiting family. All rooms are of a high standard, well equipped and perfectly clean.
Jayne and her staff are friendly, welcoming and very helpful. The breakfast is one of the very best we have ever had at a B&B!
We highly recommend.

#6 of 6 in Milford Haven
No photo provided
St Katharine's House
#5 of 6 in Milford Haven

Been to Fields Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!